“Name changed to Hana Sushi lounge. Great atmosphere and great staff. Food overall pretty good”
Review of Jpan Restaurant Lakewood Ranch - CLOSED

Jpan Restaurant Lakewood Ranch
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Recently opened, this is a fantastic sushi and Japanese restaurant on Main St in Lakewood Ranch
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I had dinner one evening and were pleasantly surprised at the atmosphere and decor of the place. Upscale and vibrant. The wait staff was very friendly and knowledgable. There is a small outdoor stepup bar that looked like a fun place to stop by with girlfriends. We started sight the edamame which was way over cooked. The house salad with ginger dressing was pretty standard. I am not a huge sushi fan but do love my salmon. I have had the teryaki salmon at many many sushi and Japanese reaturants and this ranks up there. The presentation was nice and the salmon did taste fresh with a slightly crispy glaze I did not care for the broccoli side that came with it though. My husband had a few rolls and was not overly impressed. When asking him why he just said that they just were not as flavorful. It wasn't that they weren't fresh just that they flavors did not come together as really good sushi do. However the prices are good as is the atmosphere. It is worth another try.

There are newer reviews for Jpan Restaurant Lakewood Ranch

Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

We had dinner here while on vacation. The staff was super nice, sushi was good, prices reasonable compared to many other sushi bars we've been to. My husband had the origami roll and said it was great. I really like the Sarasota and spider roll.

Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Early dinner on a Wednesday and it was delicious. We had a couple of different rolls. For amazing flavor, we upgraded our California Roll to include fresh snow crab instead of "that other stuff"... WOW! What a difference that made! Kirin beer on draft special made it a meal that exceeded our expectations.

Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

I came here for the sushi. The atmosphere is nice. The price is reasonable. I had sashimi which was fair. However, I would come back again and try one of the rolls

Reviewed 9 February 2014

I'll start by saying we love Jpan. But......Last night was a horror. We had made a reservation 2 days prior, It was my birthday, my husband even mentioned this on the phone. We arrive, no reservation, it was packed and no service. The hostess and manager just stood there, asked who we spoken with on the phone (don't know and what does it matter?). They acted like it was our fault they made a mistake!

We were seated, (dark corner in the back of the bar), but no apology. It didn't get better. Our server was overburdened and running like crazy. I ordered the sea urchin (second time it has not been available) but I was told it was. Ten minutes later my husband's appetizer arrived and then I was informed there was no sea urchin. So we had to wait some more. And then a long wait for the actual dinners.

The food was fine but we weren't the only ones in need of service. The people next to us waited forever for their food and the ones who followed had no one to wait on them at all, until our waitress went over and asked if they had been helped. (No).

This restaurant is a great addition to Lakewood Ranch Main Street, but with service this terrible and uncaring, it will be a long while before we return. ( DId I mention that the music was way too loud?). Management take heed! I would say this was a one off but we were there a few weeks prior and noticed some of these same issues.