Gerards is a great guest house that offers a good standard of accommodation at a reasonable cost. I can't speak highly enough of the friendly and kind GH owners who really care about their guests. Jay and her son Joshua were full of information and helpful tips about everything relating to our stay in the Cameron Highlands. In fact in the end we travelled with family members to our next destination of Ipoh as our departure coincided with a business trip there. Our 4x nights were a cool respite after the heat of Penang during our 3 week trip in Malaysia. We had an ensuite room- my only negative comment is there was a musty smell when the room was closed up and towels would stay damp- this is due to the climate and the orientation of the apartment. On the positive side the room had a lovely bay window and a large bathroom and were clean. The living area and kitchen are also clean and well furnished and we felt comfortable using these common areas. We were over toast and tea for breakfast after our stay, but appreciated this inclusion, however you can buy breakfast down the main street if you wish. You feel like a family guest as other family members are also involved in the business and someone is always popping in to make sure everyone is okay and attending to arranging any bookings for day trips, onward travel etc. The other guests were a lovely mix of young travellers and more mature like ourselves, all like minded in their love of travel. We were happy with the walk down the hill to town and back again as we like walking- and enjoyed some trail walks as well as an organised day trip. Tanah Rata is small so we were running into our hosts and other guests which was fun and sharing tips about where to eat etc. it was lovely and quiet at night and during the day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gerard’s Place has been created with that homely ambiance in mind, offering the kind of peace and tranquility that one will seek for after travelling for days with a big heavy pack on the back in blistering lowlands’ daytime 35 Celsius heat. Gerard’s Place offers 8 tidy, comfortable, and spanking rooms for two, and a room for three. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd and Ebookers so you can book your Gerard's Place reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gerard`s Place Hotel Tanah Rata
- Gerard's Place Cameron Highlands/Tanah Rata, Malaysia