Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$30
View deal
Hotels.comUS$30
Booking.comUS$30
Trip.comUS$36
TravelocityUS$30
CheapTicketsUS$30
Orbitz.comUS$30
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 June 2019 via mobile

Jay is an absolute sweetheart and her family are just as lovely. Soooo welcoming we could have happily stayed for weeks longer.
The rooms are basically in quite new apartments and are clean and comfortable to the point of cosy. About 10 mins walk out of the centre of Tanah Rata means it is quiet, too, but within easy reach of anything you want.
Jay organised a Mossy Forest tour for us, which was a fab way to see some of the amazing countryside and tea plantations. She also sorted our onward transfer and gave us plenty of local advice on treks, restaurants etc.

Nothing was a hassle and we were genuinely made to feel like family. Not only would I happily stay here again, I might consider going back just to stay here again. And if Jay or Zoe are ever in my town, they'd be welcome to stay with me!

1  Thank alexjohn78
Reviewed 22 June 2019 via mobile

Gerard’s Place was exactly what most of the reviews described. Spotlessly clean, simple breakfast of toast, butter, ham & instant coffee. No TV and no aircon, both of which you can really do without. I totally enjoyed my experience of a simple, carefree holiday. Special mention to Jay, the cheerful & helpful owner whose dining recommendations were highly appreciated.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 9 June 2019 via mobile

We loved our stay at Gerard’s Place. Bella and Jay were so friendly! When leaving, Jay gave us a ride to the bus terminal.
The tour to mossy forrest and BOH was good. Satu was a really passionated guide. And funny too. We enjoyed :)

Reviewed 5 May 2019 via mobile

We arrived on the early bus from Ipoh at 10:30, we arrived hoping to drop ours bags off - jay was amazing and let us check into our room, spent time telling us her thoughts on the best activities. We decided to utilise the weather and go down to the south tea plantation - this was a little more expensive but not touristy and a beautiful view point. Jay came and saw us in the evening asking how our day was and our plans for the following day. She dropped us down to town for breakfast and then shuttled us down for the bus too! We were so grateful for such great hospitality! The view from the balcony was beautiful and I spent time watching squirrels find there food in the morning. The room was basic and quite humid but I think this is common for CH. It is a little out of town but well worth the 10 min walk for views and peacefulness. The breakfast was basic but included local strawberry jam which was lovely! Overall can’t fault this place for the price we paid!

Date of stay: May 2019
2  Thank Laura H
Reviewed 2 May 2019

I stayed here for 3 nights in a double en suite room with fabulous views. I was in a 3 bed apartment with communal kitchen lounge and patio. Everywhere was spotlessly clean and the location is lovely and peaceful, only a 5 minute walk into town. My bathroom was great, very modern, the WiFi was also good. Jay the owner goes out of her way to ensure all guests have a great stay. She knows everything there is to know about the area and can help you book great activities. Everything she recommended for me was spot on, as it was for other guests I spoke to who had completely different requests. I would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: March 2019