“Short pleasant stay”
Review of Do Chic In

Do Chic In
Ranked #1 of 28 Tanah Rata B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I only stayed here for one night (regrettable indeed) and was overwhelmed by the warm energetic welcome of Jaycee. She also went ahead and prepared a itinerary for us to visit Cameron Highlands which was really really helpful and saved us a lot of time when exploring this wonderland.

The house is flawlessly clean and in great order. I have never been to a place feel more like home than this place (guess I should try homestay more). The place is safe, easy to find, master bedroom has great view, home food is good,... Thank you Jaycee! I will surely be back.

However, I would recommend this place for weekday stay since it is in Tanar Ratah and is 6km away from most of the main attractions in CH - traveling during weekend took us a lot of time with traffic jam on the road.

Room Tip: Master bedroom has a good view of the forest but if you want to open the window for fresh air... qui...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I discovered this place while scouring through TripAdvisor trying to search for affordable accommodation and yet not compromising on the location and cleanliness. I tried to read through all reviews for this place but can’t seem to reach the bottom of the reviews. From the many good reviews, I was convinced this shall be the place I want my family with 2 young kids and elders to be staying for our next family holiday in Cameron highlands. My kids had never experienced a homestay; neither does my parents. And my experience of staying in a farm was fun and I was hoping that my kids can experience such back home here in Malaysia.

I made some email inquiries and they were all promptly answered by Jaycee with very sufficient details. I made the booking and paid in full to secure the place for the intended date. I was doing all these while on a business trip to the African continent. The trip was confirmed within the duration of boarding a flight from KL to Dubai, transiting in Dubai and upon reaching Africa. I was relieved that the trip was confirmed and y kids will have a long awaited family holiday.

I was excited to discover a place with homestay in Cameron Highlands. And I was even more surprised to know that the owner of this place do stays with us and they even cooked for us. This place is run by two young entrepreneurs who give us a very warm welcome when we reached the ground floor of the apartment. The place is located at Greenhill Resort, somewhere behind the Heritage Hotel.

Both Jaycee and Jessica are really friendly and informative. I even had a good late night chat with Jaycee to understand how two young people get together to start up an entrepreneurship that doesn’t seem easy. Both of them coordinate and corporate very well in getting all the tasks done so well – the cleaning and the cooking were all done perfectly. The ‘house’ was very sparkling clean; I could hardly notice any dust or dirt.

I booked two bedrooms and it comes with complimentary breakfast. For stays more than 2 nights, a complimentary dinner was also provided. Since both rooms are not master bedrooms, we had to use the common bathroom in one side of the unit. But we have the full usage to the bathroom as both bedrooms share that bathroom. Coffee and tea making facilities are available, boiled drinking water are available but the only house rules for this is a small task that a guest must undertake –to wash the cups that had been used and to keep the kitchen area clean and dry.

The view from the balcony is a vast green mountain which is complimented with cool breeze air that just melts away all the work stress that had followed us up to the highland.

Breakfast was the highlight of the entire stay. It was freshly made and looks so delicious. It comes as a French toast or homemade pancake, American breakfast and accompanied by freshly cut mangoes and strawberries. My mom also tried to pick up the method to make homemade pancake for my kids. My kids remembered the breakfast so well that they always asked me to arrange another trip.

The complimentary dinner was home cooked Chinese meal. It was a warm meal and a wonderful bonding session with the host. We chat and become instant friends.

Jaycee always tries to ensure the comfort level for all guests are taken good care off. There are occasional European backpackers who frequent this place and favor a less noisy place for a good rest. Hence, we have to always ensure that our kids behave and do not cause any inconvenience to other guests. She had kindly helped to book table for a steamboat meal at a restaurant in town and also booked us on a half day tour to Mossy Forest, Sg. Palas Boh Tea Plantation and Butterfly Farm. She also tell us where we can get to purchase sweet corns that are grown locally in Cameron Highlands and how to differentiate those that are grown on low land.

Jessica is a good cook and her food are delicious and the food presentation is of hotel standards. She ensures that the food she prepared were good for our appetite. And special care and consideration were taken into account to prepare the kids meal.

Overall, I like the place very much. It just felt like home; a very clean home indeed. The hosts are very warm, friendly and informative. This review had been long overdue but the experience of this homestay is still fresh in my mind.

Special thanks to both of you for taking real good care of us. Four days stay seemed to pass very fast – this is my two girls’ comment. But the reminiscence of staying here, been there, done that will always be cherished.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank TeeTham
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Truthfully said i am not the kind who like to share privacy with the other in same room or apartment unless with very closed friends. first time been here on 2003 with my group of friends in heritage hotel, second time with my parents and my girlfriend (my wife right now) on 2005 at twin pines hotel, third time with my wife on 2010 at father guest house. each trip did give me different touches and i still love the cameron surroundings. now is the fifth trip with my wife and little daughter, wishing have a different experiences and decided to stay total different place as Do Chic In.
A very good tracking on booking and the confirmation as well to provide more than enough information before arriving. arriving there with a big welcome by Jaycee and really appreciating and pretty liking the decorations and arrangement in the apartment. we hv other guests from german and belgium. the most i liked here is jaycee will automatically provide the information on what do we need for our trip. breakfast and dinner are the top compared to the other restaurant around cameron. the only i do not like the development in cameron that are too vast and causing the damage to the beautiful scenery. if few years ago, i definitely were wearing double shirts with jacket when having walk around tanah rata in the evening. but right now i can wear short pant with single shirts only in the evening after raining.
anyway, thanks jaycee and jessica for these three nights trip and surely we will come back for the sixth and rest and definitely will stay with 'double J'.
thanks again and also sorry cause falling asleep on your sofa with tv still blinking on midnight. haha.. my daughter also missed u very much...

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Nestled within the glorious hills of cameron highland lies our home away from home. The whole experience with Do Chic In was great - the place is safe and clean, the view was great and the food was delicious. That said, do not expect (and certainly do not demand!) hotel treatment. Sounds cheesy but its true, Do Chin In feels more like a home than a hotel. Indeed, the warm home-stay experience is part of its many many charm.

All of these would not be possible without the friendly hospitality of Jessica and Jaycee. They were everything a host should be: warm, helpful and sincere. Thanks for taking care of us and we will definitely be back! :)

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed at Do Chic In for a night off the back of a friends recommendation, and were very pleased with our, albeit brief, stay. Both Jaycee & Jessica were very welcoming, and the flat is in very good condition. Convenient location, clean & comfy rooms, with a lovely view out the back - really felt like you were in the highlands! Very affordable as well.
We know the Cameron Highlands quite well, so recommendations were not as much of a necessity, but we had a good chat and in fact they also gave us some good tips for Ipoh where we were heading next.
Best pancakes we've had in a long time were served up fresh for breakfast - delicious!
Cameron Highlands is not filled with great accommodation options, but in any case, would certainly recommend to those after a bit of a different kind of stay, and away from big hotels or run down back packers.

Room Tip: The room at the back, with views of the hillside was great.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Warmest regards from Singapore (and very warm indeed, if you know what I mean)!

This was our first stay in Cameron Highlands, and we travelled in a group of 3. Do Chic In was recommended by a relative, and we were pleasantly surprised by the convenience of the hostel’s location (5 mins from town), the stunning view the apartment offered (one of green mountains and blues skies), as well as the orderliness of the accommodation (spot-free, comfortable and cosy). In particular, Jaycee and Jessica couldn’t be more helpful with advising us about the various tour packages, arranging transportation with trustworthy cabbies or massages, checking with us our breakfast timings, providing dinner, and entertaining us with their most delightful stories— basically pulling all sorts of personal strings and lived experience from their sleeves to value-ad our trip. It was a wonderful home stay experience; nothing short of relaxing, joyful and unwinding.

Do note that this is a home stay experience- in other words, please do not walk in here expecting hotel treatment where service personnel pamper you like royalty, apparently enslaved by the might of your bling and your kacheeng. This is an opportunity to experience Cameron Highlands in a homely manner, to experience something different from what one is used to; where the hosts will provide you with the best, or what they think is the best, of Cameron Highlands. So honestly, those people who complain about not getting yoghurts and fruits for the French breakfast they are used to, or of children barred from spoiling the furniture of others and causing mayhem and inconvenience to people (which I’m sure they don't do at their own homes), or about the inquiry of breakfast times when the hosts are just trying their best to provide hot breakfast— should really adjust their mentality.

Honestly, I don’t think a hotel would do any better than this, you could check out the pictures in trip adviser. The thing about staying at someone’s home that is different from a hotel, is that the hosts/owners take care of it because they themselves live in it— guaranteed. But one can’t say the same for hotels, for after all, the staff do not live in the premises they work in.

Room Tip: The master bedrooms have an awesome view of the sky and mountains, as well as a private toilet for t...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 May 2014

A very welcoming and warm little place in the Cameron Highlands. Jaycee spent some time suggesting good places to visit and made us feel at home. Their house is spotlessly clean and nice to have tea and coffee available at all times and hot showers after a walk in the jungle. The homecooked chinese meal and delicious breakfasts were a treat, esp the fresh local strawberries and mango! Was nice to be able to bring our own drinks for the chinese meal.

Good location, quiet & peaceful, overlooking the highlands and walkable to Tanah Rata main street (tiny town) or can hitch a lift/drive to Brinchang for the night market.

Cameron Highlands in general: If you are coming from KL, take a few jumpers and socks as it's much cooler up there!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
#3 of 28 in Tanah Rata
Arundina Cameron Highlands
Arundina Cameron Highlands
#4 of 28 in Tanah Rata

Been to Do Chic In? Share your experiences!