“Attentive Service from Waiter”

Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Tanah Rata
Singapore
“Attentive Service from Waiter”
Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

I am focusing this review on a waiter as he left me with the best impression during my stay.
Mr Dinish works in the main restaurant of the resort. He also helps out in the Chinese restaurant. During my stay, he served me whenever I eat at the 2 restaurants. He greets me each time and puts on a smile. He makes me feel welcomed and it feels like he is always there. Even when I ordered room service, he was the one who brought my food to me.
Very hardworking staff who gives good feeling to guests.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Fenny O, Manager at Strawberry Park Resort, responded to this review, 28 September 2014

Greetings from Strawberry Park Resort!

Thank you for your recent review on your stay with us in Cameron Highlands.

It is much appreciated and we can assure you that our team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed the service at our restaurants.

We look forward to welcome you and your partner again in the future.

Strawberry Park Resort

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Heemstede, The Netherlands
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Good rooms, clean, nice view. But a lot of chinese people which were cooking in there hotel rooms, so the hallway smelled like food the whole time. Balcony was nice, with a nice view. Is was a spacious room. To expensive for what you get.

Greetings from Strawberry Park Resort!

Thank you for your recent comments on your stay with us in Cameron Highlands!

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our resort.

We have taken note of your comments and will look into this matter accordingly.

We hope to welcome you and your family again in the future.

Your sincerely,

Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel in the country site. Very spacious rooms with nice balcony. Bathroom is big and has all you need. The restaurants are a bit disappointing and the breakfast was chaotic due to large travel groups who use this hotel and restaurants. The hotel is more then 2 km outside the city, so you need a car to get there.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PetervTNL

Greetings from Strawberry Park Resort!

Thank you for your review on your stay with us in Cameron Highlands!

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our resort.

We have taken note of your feedback with regards to the breakfast service you experienced during your stay and will look into improving in order to serve our guests better in the future.

We do hope to welcome you and your partner again in the future.

Your sincerely,

Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

It's a wonderful place to those who seek for relaxation and fresh air.The best thing when you see the fog is too close to you. People are very nice there and you feel that this place is the best place in Malaysia.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank nmerei07
Fenny O, Manager at Strawberry Park Resort, responded to this review, 13 August 2014

Greetings from Strawberry Park Resort!

Thank you for your review on your stay with us in Cameron Highlands.

We are happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and we do hope to welcome you again in the future.

Johor Bahru, Malaysia
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I stayed in a studio room. I love how spacious the room is. If you are travelling with kids and need that extra space, this room is just what you need for it's size.

One other sweet thing worth mentioning. We celebrated our father's birthday in the same restaurant serving breakfast. I've requested for them to surprise my dad with a slice of cake and a birthday song, which they kindly and happily do it for us.

But be warned of several other factors.
1) The pillows are so soft that it's as good as not having pillow at all. Stacking two pillows does not help at all.
2) Among all the hotel rooms we've stayed before, this is perhaps the one with the most uncomfable bed. We wake up with backaches every day, and we didn't sleep well at night too.
3) Breakfast buffet is terrible - limited choices of food, and food doesn't taste good. Food is not getting top up at a timely manner too.
4) Be early for your breakfast - the restaurant is small, and it's usually full by 8am. So be an early bird if you still wish to enjoy some views during your breakfast, or you risk getting sent to a conference room for your breakfast. In the conference room, there was no sight of attendants. We have to self service on everything. The food is cold, really cold, as if they've been left there for a long time. I found a stack of unwashed plates - disgusting. I have to go around the room, and outside the room to find someone to clear our tables, and I nearly wanted to clear the table myself out of frustration because it's so hard to get a staff, and we have no more space on our table for subsequent rounds of food.
5) Poor attitude of the staffs serving breakfast buffet . On our second morning, we (7 of us) turned up late at around 8.30am. The restaurant is already full. When my sister offered more info like we could split up and sit separately, the waiter replied "But I still need to find you a table, right? There's no more table now." I thought that sort of response is totally unnecessary, and should not even be considered as an appropriate response to a customer. That sort of response is demeaning, and is disrespectful. I would urge the restaurant to make sure all staffs are properly trained in their customer service. The worst was when this guy told us to proceed to the "restaurant" downstairs as it serves the same food. It turned out that it is not a restaurant but a conference room. I felt cheated.
6) The location is very far away from all the attractions in Cameron, and the roads leading to this hotel is very winding and poorly litted. So it could be dangerous driving back at night. And if you want to stay here because of the views you saw from it's website, don't bother to. The actual view is not even half as good as what the website claims.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank TKK14
Fenny O, Manager at Strawberry Park Resort, responded to this review, 12 August 2014

Greetings from Strawberry Park Resort!

Thank you for your comments and your recent stay with us.

We apologise for the shortfalls you experienced during your stay with us and rest assured we will be looking into the matters of Food and Beverage service very seriously.

We hope that despite these shortfalls you will return to us on your next visit to Cameron Highlands.

Travellers are raving about these Tanah Rata hotels

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I went there with my wife and 6-year old daughter. We booked for the Ramadan package which included suhoor and iftar, via their official website. I also made some phone calls for enquiry before the reservation was made. One of the question was whether I need to pay extra or not for her to have the suhoor and iftar too. According to their customer relation executive, I would not be charged extra for my daughter. Thus, from this, I was at the impression that both the suhoor and iftar were buffet servings. But when we went there, I found out that the iftar was a set menu for two adults and the suhoor was just some snacks prepared at 10 to 11pm at night (they can deliver it to your room if you want to). While the iftar set menu was thankfully more than enough for the three of us, but the suhoor meal was a bit weird (delivered at 10.30pm). Not that we wanted to eat like crazy for suhoor, but I think they should have communicated this better to me during the phone call enquiry.

Bedroom was clean spacious, and the bathroom size was almost half the bedroom. Bathroom was clean and smelled nice. As we went there in July, one of the hottest months in Malaysia, we still managed to be comfortable without the air condition – opening the sliding door to the balcony provided natural cooling to the room. Furniture was a bit seasoned but looked nice.

Remember to ask for the concierge personnel to help with your bags if you have very big luggage. There are no elevators.

All in all, it was a pleasant stay and we enjoyed it.

POSITIVE:
#very nice location in term of the surrounding nature
#spacious clean room
#even more spacious bathroom (clean)
#beautiful view
#delicious iftar set meal
#helpful concierge
#playground

NEGATIVE:
#no elevators
#very poorly arranged suhoor
#old looking furniture
#far from main road, even further from town center

Room Tip: Rooms with king size bed do not have mountain view.
2 Thank Zairul Azri U

Greetings from Strawberry Park Resort!

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your stay with us.

We sincerely apologize for the experiences you had with us, and rest assured that we will look into improving this in order to provide great service for our guests in the future.

Again we are sorry for the experiences you encountered and we do hope that in the future you may consider visiting us again.

Aachen, Germany
Reviewed 9 August 2014

This resort has provided me a very comfortable and leisure time with my family in Cameron Highland. The resorts are clean and high-class. The environment is peaceful. The after-stay-service of the Housekeeping department actually gave me a sense of amusement. In fact, the staffs are able to recover my broadband 4 days after my check-out and put effort in delivering it to me. My family and I will definitely stay in this resort again in the future.

1 Thank Gary_Y0ng

Greetings from Strawberry Park Resort!

Thank you for your review on your stay with us in Cameron Highlands.

It is much appreciated and we can assure you that our team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to welcome you and your family again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tanah Rata
#1 of 9 in Brinchang
Casa dela Rosa Hotel
Casa dela Rosa Hotel
#5 of 12 in Tanah Rata

Been to Strawberry Park Resort? Share your experiences!