“extremely spacious room”

Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Tanah Rata
Amersfoort, The Netherlands
“extremely spacious room”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

To be honest I did not expect very much from the Cameron Highlands but eventually I liked it very much and this hotel greatly contributed to it.
We were lucky to get a ridiculously big room, with lots of seats, two large beds and even a writing desk. These big rooms are in the center of the old part of this hotel. it is perhaps a bit dated but the space made up for it and we enjoyed it very much.
The hotel is a huge complex, some minutes away from the central part of this small town. It has a restaurant serving affordable and good food.
Friendly staff...just a really good place.

Room Tip: try to get one of the big rooms!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nielshartgers

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Stay there for one night only. I was facing terrible traffic at the beginning of a long weekend and spend about 2 hours for the last 5 km.
The hotel is a big complex in a nice location of Cameron highlands. Friendly staff. The rooms are pretty spacious but rather simple. Food at late arrival was just simple average.
Breakfast was local style, not bad but not exciting too. Parking is free in the underground parking lot. Was asking for an additional blanket twice..it never arrived. Housekeeping did not answer the phone after 11:00 pm.. bit disappointing

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank BK_Shanghai
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Rm service very bad, ask for extra towl 3 times and towl nvr send to my room.
Room not clean, dusty
No top up of breakfast. food almost finished at 0915h.

This is my second time at heritage at cameron, really very diappointed as compared to my first stay in 2009.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Travellers are raving about these Tanah Rata hotels

Shah Alam
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Overall is good.... but hopefully can have improvement on variety of breakfast as the current variety is quite limited....room condition is good and clean....location is nice and good for relaxing.....

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank cheeweichng
Malaysia
Reviewed 4 June 2014

If you are coming from Ipoh, you should stay in Brinchang area, Tanah Rata is more suitable for those coming from KL.
The hotel is located at a quiet place, walking distance to Tanah Rata centre, where you can get foods, markets, etc. Room is clean, but a bit aging. Full amenities provided. Staffs are friendly. Was upgraded to deluxe triple room because they were unable to find me a twin superior room. Wifi only available at lobby area.
Breakfast was not bad, with variety of foods provided.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Travel_freak_mas
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

This is the best hotel u can find at Tanah Rata, where the tanah rata was the right place for honeymooners & family vacation at cameron highland, far from the crowd, no trafic jam & very calm place..

Im very satisfied with this hotel n their service, the price quite reasonable compare to others..

This hotel a bit far from tanah rata town, u need to walk down about 500 meters to go to the town from ur room.. But for me its not a problem coz im traveling with my own car..

I dont recomend you all to go to cameron highland with bus.. Because it will limit u..

I stay at superior room.. It have balcony with mountain view, bathtub, LCD tv with movies news & sports program.. I watched my fav soccer club last league game, Liverpool vs Newcasle at my room.. They win the game but unfortunately the didnt win the league..

The food was also very good.. Got several choices.. The bed, room service and all were very good.. Overall, me n my wife had a good times here.. This is our best honeymoon so far...

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank NazzAbdullah
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Friends and I were planning on a simple retreat to Cameron Highlands for the weekend. Unfortunately, all hotels were fully booked!

When my husband told me that we had only one choice. I was thinking to myself that since we are paying about RM300+ for a room, it should be damn good one.

When we arrived and checked in, receptionist told us that they are out of standard rooms (which was what we booked) and would give us a free upgrade to the family room! I was quite happy with that because I was thinking about a rather larger room.

The family room was merely a standard room but bigger of course to fit in the second bed. And when I inspected the room, I found that there were stains on the sheets. Not sure what stains they are but I was extremely disgusted by it.

Read some good reviews about the breakfast. But the only thing I enjoyed there was the omelette. The baked beans tasted like they were served directly from the Campbell can.

All of the above would be acceptable for a RM200+ room. But for a RM300+ room? I expected better. At least give your guests what they paid for.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
#6 of 12 in Tanah Rata
Casa dela Rosa Hotel
Casa dela Rosa Hotel
#5 of 12 in Tanah Rata

Been to Heritage Hotel Cameron Highlands? Share your experiences!