“Clean, Very Nice room, Wifi in Lobby”

Heritage Hotel Cameron Highlands
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Tanah Rata
Los Angeles, California
“Clean, Very Nice room, Wifi in Lobby”
Reviewed 12 September 2010

Free Wifi In the lobby only. Which was better than most Malaysian places. It was about 5 minute walk to town. High on the hill so a bit of a view from the rooms.
I ordered a sandwich, which activated 6 people to make it, serve it and charge me for it, It was more funny than bad.
The room was clean with a dbl and single bed in one room. I would recommend it.

• Stayed August 2010

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Toulouse
Reviewed 22 August 2010

We think that we stayed in one of the renovated rooms as everyone referred to our part of the hotel as the 'new wing'. As such our room was great. One downside was that our room was not ready even though we were checking in at 15.00hrs. However we did get a room after a bit of persistance.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
UK
Reviewed 18 August 2010

The hotel is beautiful and one for the history lovers. Location is good, about 5 - 10 minute walk into the main town depending if you dawdle or not. There may be a cut through but we didn't find it. We had a deluxe room in the new wing. It was clean, comfortable, big balcony, nice bathroom, TV everything you needed.

My only issue was that the hotel has all these great sounding facilities - tea room, billiards, games room, library, walking tours... You pay the price thinking these options are available they're not. The staff were desperately un helpful in respect of getting around Cameron and the locale (luckily we had a hire car). On a particularly drab night we went to play billiards but couldn't find the balls when we asked for them we were told they didn't have any (had the cues mind!), attmepted to have cake & tea "tea room is closed", the games room is just an empty room, the library has about 10 Korean language books, they provide a DVD player in the room but don't have any DVD's to loan, no internet & finally room service, you get a menu in your room but it's never actually open. Still these are minor things and things I think time will heal.

I would recommend the hotel despite the fact I think it's currently over priced. That a side it's charming, comfortable, clean - what more do you need?

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank MiddleM
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 13 July 2010

My first visit to this hotel in February was excellent, second time in April "NO GOOD" and this third time visit in first week July 2010....."NO GOOD" - Poor Reception Services, Poor Communication Skills, No basic greeting, Poor food quality - bad tastes, not consistent from my previous visit, too Oily mee mamak. Poor restaurant services - no warm welcoming from the restaurant team. No Business Center of which difficult for me to do my urgent business works.
My room - clean and nice view.
I will visit again to check out the services of this hotel because the room is clean and nice view BUT if the other services still poor and no improvement I will change my hotel stay to Cameron Highlands Resort.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank SyokTraveller
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 30 April 2010

Stayed for two nights after asking a local cab driver on places to stay. The room we were given was on the top floor of the new refurbished part of the hotel. Could not fault it as the view was brilliant and everything was spotless. The reception personnel need to improve their skills, but they did manage to book us onto a tour the first day that was magical. I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mosi_009
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 15 April 2010

Briefly, I want to share my experience during my stay in this 4 star Heritage Hotel Cameron Highlands. During my stay first week of april 2010, I am extremely happy with the cleanliness of the room for the newly built hotel block and impress with the set up in the room (thumb up to housekeeping) however I saw the same person cleaned my room and cleaned at the public toilet/public area???? Is it this hotel not enough staff????? I am very pity to the staff doing double job.
There few more area still need to be improve such as the receptionist friendliness and warm smile, food quality in the coffee house definately need improvement plus the service in the coffee house itself too. No gym and poor telephone answering skills really made me felt iritating.
The outlook of the old building look so bad of which at first I don't know which one is the hotel or the apartment because there no sign at all stated Heritage Hotel.
I don't think it fair to condemn this hotel but there some serious improvement need to be make as soon as possible cause next trip I will be staying at other place if this hotel still not improve in term of the service quality but BRAVO to the room cleanliness!!!!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Tanah Rata hotels

Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 11 April 2010

I stayed in this newly refurbished hotel block during the during chinese new year (14&15 Feb 2010) and I am very happy with the receptionist there 2 girls and one gentlemen weared chinese new year costume despite of their ethnic group (Satu Malaysia) during my check in at 4.30pm. They are extremely helpful and friendly. I am very happy during this trip even the hotel was very busy at this period of time. This make me want to go back and stay and I stay the second time in middle of March 2010, the receptionist service quality was extremely poor, unfriendly, no warm smile at all. I think they are not happy and their unhappiness really be seen by me. The foods prepared in the Coffiee house was tasteless, oily and poor food presentation.
There one managers always been seen in the hotel lobby ONLY interested to serve and help foreigner only and it is unfair to the paying guest like myself. I also required good service too. Because of this I think the next time will not going there anymore despite very nice new hotel block BUT poor service by the hotel staffs.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
#5 of 12 in Tanah Rata
Parkland Hotel
Parkland Hotel
#1 of 9 in Brinchang

Been to Heritage Hotel Cameron Highlands? Share your experiences!