The title of the review reflects how I personally see the place.
It is very close to the food places (e.g. Marry Brown, Starbucks + many other indian food shops) and you can walk a bit further (close by) and find stretches of food shops.
Unfortunately for us, we went during the 2nd week of Hari Raya hence our option for food is limited to Indian food at Tanah Rata.
We chose Deluxe room for the stay.
Honestly, looking at the review, I expected nothing more than just a place to stay.
It is true that the room has no fan but it was fitted with a ventilation vent so the air is still circulating and room is always cool/cold.
As for the toilet, the bathtub is working.
No "Do not use" sign in the toilet (as per previous reviews).
The toilet is spacious and all areas (toilet, bath, shower) were well placed and separated.
As for the shower, you will need to let it run (3-5 mins) for hot water before stepping into it.
Our fridge is not working.
Perhaps we did not turn on the switch or it is really not working (God knows).
It is not our main concern anyway so all is well for my two nights stay.
Official check in was at 3pm and we reached the hotel at about 10 ish.
Was told to come back at 12pm.
We had breakfast and our room is ready.
We are hopeful for a king sized bed (as I remember correctly that I asked for one during the booking) however only 2 singles was available.
To avoid any hassle, we agreed and chose to put the two singles together.
Do take note however that this will still caused a gap as there were allowance of frame on both beds.
Our room comes with an attached small balcony.
The view is not fantastic but I am not fussy.
Overall, it was a good stay.
Will consider to come again perhaps with a garden attached.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Century Pines Resort is located at the Heart of Tanah Rata . The biggest children playground in Cameron Highlands is just opposite the hotel . 3 minutes walk to bus station , to F & B outlets ,hair salon, shops , 24 clinic and etc. 5 min drive to Golf Course , 8 min drive to Bringchang , Night Market , Strawberry farm , Rose Garden , 15 min drive to Boh Plantation .The hotel has 153 room , with 99 Deluxe room , 11 Deluxe with Garden , 11 Superior with garden , 10 Duplex Suites , 1 Pahang Suuite , 1 Perak suite and 20 Superior rooms.The hotel guest is entitled for a 10% discount at the Thera Spa and 10% discount to shop at the souvenir shop .All rooms have balcony and the Suites have both kitchenette and balcony . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Century Pines Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Century Pines Hotel Cameron Highlands
- Century Pines Cameron Highlands
- Century Pines Resort Cameron Highlands/Tanah Rata, Malaysia