We went to Cameron Hoghlands by backpacker bus from Penang. The staff in the Guesthouse is nice, welcoming, friendly and has a lot of good recommendations to offer, for example the tours or the banana pancakes for breakfast at the restaurant nearby. The rooms and bathroom facilities are clean. As it is raining quite often and the air is very humid in the Highlands, the only thing that is missing is air conditioning to get rid of the wetness inside (Don't wash your clothes unless you're staying longer - they will never dry!). However, if there was air con they certainly could not offer such a good deal!
Positively I have to mention that there were three hair dryers to borrow, facilities for making coffee or tea and a terrace and balcony on the outside. There also were few books left behind from other backpackers if you ran out of stuff to read. The tours offered by the guides working together with the guesthouse were great fun - thanks to Jason - he was great! If you want to do a hike on your own grab one of the maps and ask for directions from the staff.
Altogether a great experience!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fathers Guesthouse is situated 2 minutes walk to Tanah Rata town/ Unititi Express bus stop. Located across the road from Maybank, behind Twin Pines Chalets. Close to shops, restaurants, banks, money changer, and pharmacy and laundry service. Clean, cozy, affordable and comfortable rooms, friendly service and ideal + peaceful location, make it the place to stay for backpackers & budget travellers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotels.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Father's Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Father`s Guest House Hotel Tanah Rata
- Father's Guest House Cameron Highlands/Tanah Rata, Malaysia