“A Wonderful Experience”
Review of Rockville Inn B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mindemoya
Rockville Inn B&B
Ranked #2 of 3 Mindemoya B&B and Inns
Orillia, Canada
“A Wonderful Experience”
Reviewed 24 September 2013

This is a great place to stay near Mindemoya.. It was a relaxing experience from beginning to end. Rockville Inn is very well marked with lots of signs to get you from the main road to the inn without a minute of concern. Just when you ask, "Where are we?" there is another sign letting you know you are going in the right direction.
We found this home immaculately clean and well stocked. The gardens were incredible and sitting on the deck overlooking the yard and lake was like finding an oasis.
Carol was friendly and easy going, making us feel welcome and comfortable. She brought us breakfast muffins one morning, and slipped by and put the fireplace on one evening when we were out at dinner so we came back to a crackling fire.- so nice.
We used this location as a central spot to explore the central part of island on our bicycles. With Mindemoya so close, we were able to treat ourselves to the organic foods store every day. Maia?? - cant remember the name but the owner is also on the biking association of Manitoulin so was very helpful in planning our daily trips.
I would be hard pressed to go anywhere else in Manitoulin after staying at the Rockville Inn.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Puslinch, Canada
Reviewed 31 August 2013

It was a little sanctuary on the shore of Lake Manitou where the hummingbirds entertained you as you relaxed on the back deck. The rooms and washrooms were very clean. The only downside was that we didn't get a chance to go out in the canoe or kayak because either the water was choppy or there was no one around to help us get the canoe in the water. The hospitality was very friendly and the breakfast was delicious!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Birdsnest which has it's own kitchen, however, we made arrangements with the ho...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 21 August 2013

We spent three nights at the Rockville Inn and it was the perfect place to explore the island from. The grounds are beautiful with lovely flowers and the view of the lake is great. Plenty of places to sit and relax. We were in the Navajo room which was very comfortable. Breakfasts are good and filling and Carol is friendly and welcoming.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Oakville, Canada
Reviewed 11 August 2013

My wife and I discovered this B&B last year when we stayed for 2 nights. We decided to return this year and stay 6 nights in order to explore more of this vast island. We had a wonderful time again. Everything is in good condition and Carol is very helpful with any request we make. We spent each day going somewhere different on the island and came to appreciate the central location. Carol is very familiar with the island and has helpful suggestions. We stayed in the Birds Nest this time and really like the ability to make our own meals. The garden at the back is a beautiful place to relax after a day of exploring and just read a book or just enjoy watching the hummingbirds.

Room Tip: Birds Nest is like a separate apartment. Great if you want to cook some of your own meals and just w...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 8 August 2013

What a wonderful experience! Five nights and six days of bliss in a beautiful setting on the lake. The house and gardens are delightfully charming and welcoming, as is host Carol. She is surely the ideal to which all hoteliers should aspire. No request by guests was too much for her. We enjoyed the restaurants that Carol suggested, especially The Schoolhouse (reservations required) for dinner and The Garden Shed for lunch. (We found everybody on Manitoulin super friendly!) It is quite far from the B & B to any restaurant at all, so if you would like to at least occasionally stay on Rockville's property without having to venture out for meals (wonderful breakfasts are provided - apart from her many other talents, Carol is an excellent cook), I strongly suggest that you bring a hamper of food/snacks that do not require cooking. I am pretty sure that Carol wouldn't mind your leaving a couple of items in the fridge, but next time, I'll take a small plug-in Coleman refrigerated hamper with me. (I wish I had known that in advance.) While my husband and I went to Manitoulin specifically for the annual First People's pow-wow, which was an outstanding privilege to attend, I wouldn't mind returning to the Rockville Inn for a "do-nothing" type of vacation. (However, there are many, many natural attractions on Manitoulin.) The garden is a showpiece! It was a thrill to see all the hummingbirds. Thank you, Carol!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Belgrave, Ontario
Reviewed 6 August 2013

My husband and I found this B&B over 4 years ago by accident and found out our Daughter and Son-in-law and family had stayed there the year before. This is our favourite place to visit - as my husband says, "It is the closest he has been to heaven." My sister and I are planning a 4 night stay this August, for a quiet, relaxing visit - and for the great food and friendships. Only place I wanted to go to rejuvenate myself, and show my sister the great place.

Room Tip: If you want an old fashioned room with a tub with claw feet, ask for the room looking west. We love...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Waterford
Reviewed 16 July 2013

We called a resort looking for a last minute room - they were booked and referred us to Carol and Ron's B&B. We got the last room which turned out to be the best room (though all are great) in the house. Right on the lake - great for kayaking - quiet - no constant hum of engines. Carol was extremely accommodating to diet needs. We got sooo lucky finding this place - we didn't want to leave.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mindemoya
Manitoulin Hotel & Conference Centre
#1 of 2 in Meldrum Bay
The Hawberry Motel
The Hawberry Motel
#5 of 7 in Little Current

Been to Rockville Inn B&B? Share your experiences!