Manitoulin Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Silver Birches Resort(Little Current)
View Hotel
Buck Horn Motel(South Baymouth)
  • Free Internet
The Buckhorn Motel(Manitoulin Island)
Paradise Motel(Sheguiandah)
Wayside Motel(Manitowaning)
View Hotel
Sunset Motel & Cottages(Little Current)
View Hotel
The Hawberry Motel(Little Current)
Bridgeway Motel(Little Current)
View Hotel
All reviewsstaff was very friendlyprovidence bayshower headthe ownerspacious roomgrocery storedown the roadget awaybeautiful placecynthiamotelfridgegroundstobermoryferrymanitoulinisland
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 July 2014

This hotel was a pleasant surprise.

Clean, very spacious rooms, well-appointed with modern flat-screen TVs, coffee maker, fridge, table, chairs. Comfortable beds, clean and modern bathroom. Beautifully manicured grounds - you can tell the owners take pride in the place, and we would definitely stay here again - *IF* we were going to stay in Mindemoya.

Mindemoya is s-l-o-w, so if we were to stay on the island again, I think we would go to Gore Bay or Little Current where there is more likelihood of finding something fun to do on a Saturday night.

That said, if you want a great room at a fair price, you won't be disappointed with the Manitoulin Inn.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TheShredBaron
Cynthia M, General Manager at Manitoulin Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2015

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind comments about your recent stay here at The Manitoulin Inn. Indeed our location is right in the heart of Mindemoya very close to most what our valued guest such as yourself look for in doing while visiting our lovely Town.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

So glad we chose this motel after reading reviews on Trip-Advisor. Now that we are here, and I have had a look around town, I see that this is definitely the best!

I think those who found it dated in the past might want to try it again. They are in the process of upgrading their rooms. As a matter of fact, we were told that new bedspreads were added to our room the day before we checked in, and they are waiting for the new drapes that were supposed to have arrived by now.

We have a very spacious room with two queen beds. The round table with chairs is a 'plus' so that you can eat breakfast in your room. The mini-fridge is great to keep milk, juice and anything else cold. The grounds are well kept and the view of grass and trees is quite pleasant.

The staff I met have been very friendly, yet professional.

The motel is located within walking distance or a short drive to a lake in one direction, and to the centre of town, grocery store, LCBO, two restaurants and ice-cream parlour in the other direction. There is also a restaurant right next door, an Ambulance two doors down, and a small hospital next to that. Can`t get much more convenient than that.

If I come to Mindemoya again, I will definitely stay here!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Evelyn49

Again, I thank you and I will share your positive feedback with all our associates. We hope to have you all back in the near future.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

-I have stayed at the Manitoulin Inn for at least nine nights over the past month. I plan on staying there again next week.
-Rooms are very clean, spacious and comfortable
-free wireless
-all room have mini-fridges
-close to restaurants, supermarket, pharmacy, health clinic, bank, etc.
-very friendly, welcoming owners
-I highly recommend this motel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank roamingprofessor
Cynthia M, Manager at Manitoulin Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2013

Nice to know you are a returned customer with us. We appreciate your kind words and look forward to having you back again.

Reviewed 31 August 2013

We stayed one night in August. Clean, somewhat dated but doable. Service ok, but nothing exceptional. Overall a good place to stay. Restaurant in the area worth trying called the Roosterant, with homemade meals.
I would not have stayed more than 1 night but perfect as a stopover place.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Cynthia M, Manager at Manitoulin Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2013

Thank-you for your review and choosing your stay with us. We are here to always make our Guests feel welcomed.

Reviewed 26 August 2013

Even in you are given a confirmation number and a price-that will not be the price you pay at check-in! Stayed there on Friday August 23nd for 2 nights had booked in Jan. was given a price along with a confirmation number. Well the price I was charged at check-in was higher and this was not the first time this motel has done this to me. So never again will I stay at this motel who will give you a price along with a confirmation number and then jack-up the price at check-in. Not the way to run an "HONEST" business!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
9  Thank jared24

To Whom it may concern, When you had checked in You had said you had a room with two queen beds for Two nights. I had quoted you the rate that was quoted nobody changed the accurate rate. you had checked in on a weekend the peek of the season and I had mentioned that to you the reason the price you got quoted back in Jan was not the price that we quote on our peek season You had never disputed it and you had payed for the room that day on arrival. I had mention to you if you have any concerns or issues to talk to the owner and instead you decided to turn around on us sorry you feel this way.