“Great start to our Pow-Wow visit”
Review of The Sagamite

The Sagamite
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Wendake
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 27 August 2013

This restaurant was our first stop in Wendake the weekend of their Pow-Wow. We had a brunch and our first taste of bison. First Nations and rustic woods décor, very good service in a lovely setting.

Even the bathroom had a rustic, but tasteful touch, (see photo of tile).

Reviewed 27 July 2013

I have received from my daughter a gift for going to the restaurant Sagamité (2 peoples). I have taken « The Suédois (Sweden) plate for brunch and my brother have taken « Confit de canard » and all those two plates were excellent. I recommend this restaurant in Wendakee, Quebec, Canada.

Reviewed 20 July 2013 via mobile

Dined at Sagamite our first night here in Quebec. Menu is varied with many game choices. We had bison and beef, both were delicious. Pizza with smoked bison was tasty as well. Limited wine choices-considering variety and entree prices, more variety is needed! Waitress was helpful considering our limited French. Atmosphere pleasant-welcoming to families, grown up night out and tourists. Unique and enjoyable dinner!

Reviewed 11 July 2013

What a nice place we were advised to eat at and what wonderful food they have!
We made no reservation and the place was full. They managed to squeeze us (two) into a little corner table (perfect and romantic!), where we were delightfully served and nourished. Their wine list is nothing great if you, like me, still go for the good "old world" wines but still had some good picks. Their draft local beer were wonderful, but the star of the night was the food. Properly seasoned, well cooked and presented, this is a restaurant not to miss in Wendake, either for a special occasion or anytime! Prices in Quebec are not cheap and at 2 people, with drinks and a full meal, we spent CAN$ 108 (inc. taxes) and then left a nice tip.

Reviewed 26 October 2012

We visited this restaurant during a business lunch with our Canadian hosts, and it did not disappoint. This establishment purportedly sticks to its First Nation roots, and there is certainly something to be said for that.

I chose the pork ribs with poutine as my meal -- the best part of this already amazing dish is that everything came served together on one plate! For a guy who loves french fries mixed with the rest of his food, I was in heaven.

To be safe, make sure you have a good map or follow a local in order to get to this restaurant!