“Great Pub-Hotel. Clean, Warm Welcome, Good Value”
Review of The Seaview Hotel

The Seaview Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 East Preston B&B and Inns
Kent, UK
“Great Pub-Hotel. Clean, Warm Welcome, Good Value”
Reviewed 21 June 2013

My first stay and I'll definitely return. Very welcoming, staff could not be more helpful. Nice rooms over, some with sea views - the sea is about 200 metres away. Separate terrace overlooking sea for residents is a nice touch. Pub and ensuite rooms clean and with good basic amenities. Big garden with tables to sit out. Food lovely - freshly cooked and good prices. 8.30 breakfast start could deter those who need an early start. I don't, and the selection is good, and food freshly cooked to order. Small car park, can be tricky to get in/out of. Overall a lovely welcoming place to stay.

Room Tip: Book direct with the hotel - they do better deals
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 May 2013

I had an enjoyable stay here. Arrived around 18.30 and after a quick shower in the very warm ensuite (it took me a while to configure the right temperature but it always does as, without glasses, everything is done by touch!) I had a pint in the bar where quite a few diners were occupying the tables and there seemed to be a few (vocal!) locals drinking. The menu looked good so I anticipated eating later but, unfortunately, my pre-dinner amble alongside the beach towards Littlehampton turned in to a "How the hell do I find my way back from Rustington without a map" panic! Consequently, it was 21.00 when I found my way back to the locality so missed out on the dinner as last orders for food is 20.50. I subsequently found out they had been waiting for me before shutting up the kitchen, which was a shame.
The room, although a tad dated, was clean enough for me, with tea and coffee facilities, the bed was perfectly comfy and I had a good nights sleep. As the pub is situated at the end of the road there's no traffic to speak of so it was very quiet.
It might be worth putting a sign up above the sink warning that it will take a good minute or so of running the tap before any hot water comes through. A hotel I stayed at recently did and it prevented me from assuming there was no hot water available. Apart from that, no problems, and would definitely stay again if in the area. Full English breakfast the next day was very nice.
A word of warning, however, to those who like a late night drink. I arrived back at 22.45 expecting to have a drink before bed only to find the premises locked up. The town is very small and I guess they know their clientele and have come to adapt to those trading conditions. I'm sure that, had I presented them with my wishes prior to going for my walk, they would have stayed open for me.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank airedalemover
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 April 2013

Lets get the positives in first - breakfast was nice and the location to the beach is brilliant. However if you fancy a shower that works properly, a sink that isn't cracked and your wardrobes not 1980's flat pack that are not too far away from their original state then you may want to think again. I do know that a Hoover had been in the room but only because of the layer of dust at the edges of the room it hadn't quite reached.
I believe that the ownership of the hotel has recently changed hands so hopefully improvements to the amenities will follow soon.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank DeltaForceABZ

Travellers are raving about these East Preston hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 March 2013

I have eaten at the Seaview pub and hotel several times and can not speak highly enough of the place. The food is delicious and cheap and the staff efficient and friendly. The steak and kidney pudding is a must. Do not think twice!

Stayed March 2013
1 Thank DrHowardy
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 January 2013

I stayed for four nights with a colleague and it was like a home from home.Our hosts Roger and Jaqui were very amenable and made us feel very welcome.The chef Andy creates the most magical food by far some of the best meals i've ever had whilst staying away,(although Jaqui knocks up a mean cheese on toast).The locals are very friendly and are keen to include you in their banter,but best of all was Reevesy and his friend Roos,they are an unlikely duo but had me in stitches.
A big thank you to everyone at The Seaview for making my week so memorable,I will be back.
Phil and Jack.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank sspxb17
West Sussex, UK
Reviewed 11 December 2012

The Seaview Hotel is in need of refurbishment but that does not detract from really excellent, value for money, food, both lunch and dinner. Specials of the day are wide ranging and average, 'mains' at £11 and 'starters' £6. The standard of cooking and presentation is well above what you expect on entering the somewhat dismal main enterance. Staff are friendly, combining the role of barman and waiter. Without fail you will come away feeling that you have had excellent value. One problem, when busy, particularly summer weekends, there can be quite a wait but they do warn you before you order. Good outside eating area when the weather is suitable.
No knowledge of the small number of hotel rooms but we consider the Seaview a restaraunt not a hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank CaptainRN
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 November 2012

Room fine for the price and was clean, view of sea, bathroom smelt musty even though clean. But asked it wanted breakfast on arrival - said no but ended up having to pay for it in the end because landlady became agumentative about how she could have let the room several times over with others who would have had the breakfast. Gave in vs spoil my whole weekend.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
#1 of 1 in Climping
Norfolk Arms Hotel
Norfolk Arms Hotel
#3 of 7 in Arundel

Been to The Seaview Hotel? Share your experiences!