My wife and I , some friends and relatives visited Ocean Bay in December 13 for 5 days. My wife and I stayed in a unit close to the pool area. The accommodation was spacious clean and very comfortable. We had cable TV, bathroom and very very quiet air conditioning which was greatly appreciated. The bed was very comfortable. The resort overall is clean comfortable and very relaxing. IF you are chasing a 5 start hotel and the trimmings that go with it then this place is not the place for you. If you are after a warm friendly and relaxing place that you can unwind and is child friendly on a budget then this is the place for you. The meals are very reasonable and of good quality. They average about $5 aus per person per meal. For blokes the beers are $1 as stubbie very nice.:) . The owners are great people and went out of their way to look after us. They took us out on the resort boat twice and we visited a local beach where we spent the afternoon swimming and relaxing. There were a number of guest that went with us and for nine of us the cost was $2 each. The owner Willum honestly was more interested in the guests enjoying themselves then anything else. One hour bus ride away which is about $1 aus. we went swimming with the whale sharks. This is my second time doing this and it is an amazing experience. There is no need to book and the bus driver will drop you off outside the resort. I t cost $25 Aus. for about a 30-40 minute swim and both times I have been there was between 10-13 whale sharks. It is a very moving experience. There is also a dive shop at the resort and lots of overseas visitors where taking advantage of the great diving in the area. There is a great pool which is undercover, clean and relaxing. Overall had a great time and looking forward to seeing everyone again. Recommended time 1 week.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take a trip and discover the lush tropical greenery surrounding and the crystal clear waters of Dalaguete's pride - Ocean Bay Beach Resort. Ocean Bay Beach Resort is the most luxurious destination resort, South of Cebu Province. A usual hub for locals and foreigners alike, Ocean Bay offers the best amenities suitable for active, outdoor people as well as those who would just want to relax and take a time off from the hustles and bustles of the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., Travel Republic (UK), Travel Book Philippines, Inc. and HRS so you can book your Ocean Bay Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Bay Beach Hotel Dalaguete
- Ocean Bay Beach Resort Dalaguete, Cebu Island, Philippines