“Birthday Meal” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Hardwicke Arms Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Arrington
The Hardwicke Arms Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Arrington
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Birthday Meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2010

We've driven past the hotel on many occasions & remarked on how pretty it always looked, especially in the summer so my husband booked dinner last Saturday to celebrate my recent birthday. We found the bar to be very welcoming & the barmaid pleasant & helpful. There wasn't anyone else booked for a meal in the restaurant that night but there was a 70th birthday party also going on. We were told we could have our meal where we liked so chose another room away from the bar which was OK apart from after we sat down realised it was used as a main thoroughfare by everyone arriving & then going to find the toilets plus the table picked for us to sit at was rather wobbly. However when the food arrived, it was excellent quality, hot , very tasty & filling & we thoroughly enjoyed it & would go back again.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2010

The bedroom and en suite bathroom was clean and recently redecorated, warm and comfortable but the secondary glazing did allow a small amount of traffic noise to intrude. Not quite my colour scheme but an opened up fire place gave the room individual charater.
Fantastic evening meal provided by recently arrived French chef and a hearty full English.
Something seems to have happened!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
yorkshire
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2009

Stayed just 1 night, thank goodness, whilst visiting family in area. Did read TA prior to booking, but thought it may have been refurbed since the last review had been written.The rooms were in desperate need to be redone. The decor was sooo dated, with wallpaper peeling in off in places and musty carpets. It needs a substantial amount of money spent on it. Hence the title, cos when I text my daughter she laughingly replied........"
but will also say that..
Positively.. it was nice as a pub.The bar atmosphere was pleasant, evening meal good, breakfast/choice excellent. Staff were very pleasant. Within the room, the bedding and towels were really clean and hence that made it acceptable to stay ( for a night).

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nasaYorkshire

Travellers are raving about these Arrington hotels

holliwood
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2009

We stayed here prior to my Neice getting married. I have never stayed in such a Dirty Filthy place. I dont know how they can call it a hotel ! The write up on it said that it was old. There is a difference between old and dirty ! There is no excuse for cobwebs and dirt everywhere. Both myself and my sister - in - law bought cleaning fluid and cloths to clean the bathroom. The curtains where falling off the window. The shower was useless and the toilet was disgusting. I went to plug my hairdryer in and put my hand into a spiders web. DO NOT THINK ABOUT BOOKING THIS SO CALLED HOTEL !!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Hillsborough, Northern Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2008

Late at night no room at the Inn then hurrah our sat nav found us a room.... so didnt trust the sat nav accomodation butten again. What an utter tip of a room.
Disgusting, mouldy shower paint falling off, grumpy man, dreary room and £70.00 . Wish Id stayed in the car!
Must say ....Breakfast was good though ! But please if managment read this you must re do the rooms and ensuite up asap I run a bed and breakfast myself .. and this is about as bas as I have ever seen for the money.

• Liked — breakfast
  • Disliked — room
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
London
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2008

This place has no redeeming features, apart from the fact that it is often the only place left with vacant rooms. There is a reason for that.

I suggest you avoid staying for more than one night. Otherwise you don't have the option of leaving very early in the morning to go home for a good scrub in your own (clean) shower.

• Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Wales
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2007

Having read the only other review of this hotel I found myself in total agreement with the reviewer , having stayed there recently . It came as a large shock to discover that this review was posted 2 years ago .
I don't think the carpets can have been cleaned since then and I can guarantee the rooms have not been worked on in any way since the 80's (the wallpaper , which was doing it's best to join me both in the shower and in bed , was the same as a pattern put up by my parents for a spare room in 1986/87 )
On a brighter note I would say that the restaurant is probably worth a visit as I could not complain about the food served during my stay .
My suggestion to the proprietors of the hotel would be that possibly spending a bit of time and money on their accomodation and possibly some staff training ( cleaners/bar staff ) would encourage people to return to stay . I regret to say it is too late for me although I may return one day ( but only to eat )

• Liked — food
  • Disliked — the room
  • Stayed October 2007
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Yantow
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arrington
Sheene Mill
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,621 reviews
The Coach House
The Coach House
#1 of 2 in Shepreth

Been to The Hardwicke Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!