“Bedrooms dreadful !”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Weaverham
Bramhall, uk
“Bedrooms dreadful !”
Reviewed 11 November 2012

We stayed here for 1 night for a 40th birthday party. The function itself was very good, however the bedroom we stayed in was awful. The carpets were filthy, the room desperately needed decorating, the bedding was very old and didn't look clean, and the room was freezing. The bathroom was in a similar state - old, tired and dirty !
Other party guests stayed at the Premier Inn 1 mile away as they had been tipped off about the rooms at the Oaklands. We didn't want the hassle of having to get a taxi and thought the rooms couldn't be all that bad. We were wrong !

Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Co.Durham
Reviewed 24 September 2012

I stayed here for one night as part of the wedding party. The wedding itself was nice, room was decorated nicely and the tables look good. The food for the wedding breakfast was a carvery and this was really nice although the manager was seen to eat the meat as he was carving it. The service at the tables was excellent. The food on the evening however left much to be desired, with chips and bacon sandwiches being brought out which were cold and hard.
Overall the wedding day itself went really well and everybody had a good time.

The room we stayed in at the Hotel on the other hand was terrible. They were completely outdated and freezing cold. There was a small heater provided in the room but we didn't want to risk leaving that on all night. The bed was tiny and the blankets on the bed were awful, really uncomfortable and made me sneeze and my eyes water. I had to get more blankets Out of the wardrobe because we were so cold but these made me sneeze even more.
The toilet seat in our room was also hanging off.

There was no information given in the rooms of who to contact if something was wrong.

We were really disappointed with the room given the price that we paid, it was definitely not worth £75 per night. I would not stay here again unless some serious renovation work was undertaken.

• Stayed September 2012

Travellers are raving about these Weaverham hotels

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 August 2012

We had a great party there.Food was great they had a live band on as well?the hotel is set in beautiful grounds with an outdoor terrace fantastic if the weather is good.Cant praise enough.I am planning a birthday party in December so with a bit of luck we may get snow on the ground and with all the lights should be very christmassy.

Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2012

Thanks to the wonderfull staff at the oaklands my 50th birthday party was a smash hit
i arranged for about 150 of my freinds from far and wide to attend what prommissed to be
a great night and i was not dissapointed . From first booking my party to the very night it was
great . i had a lot to arrange with a band and a Dj and dressing the room the staff was amazing
so helpfull . Everyone commented on what a great room it was , we did it out like 70 disco mirror ball and everthing they even projected my name on the wall made me feel very special .As for the Buffet it was top draw and what was good about it they let it run on through the night . i love dipping in again later after a few pints ha ha . The dj was brill played all my fave tunes and some i hadnt got a clue on for the kids well done .i will sure be back to celibrate my wifes birthday once again Thank you

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Telford, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Upon arrival we were greeted with "you must pay before I give you the room key" nice.

After twenty minutes of them messing about trying to find out if our rooms were ready we finally entered the room to find dirty towels, a powerless shower and only 30 seconds of hot water. There was a draft and the windows wouldn't shut properly. Random coat hangers in the wardrobe. Bed sheets were ancient and the bed felt very uncomfortable too.

To top it all off there was a wedding party that went on until 4am, which was not the parties fault, but I've never known a hotel allow other guests to be checked in to a hotel where a wedding party with live music is to be hosted.

Will not recommend this hotel even as a last resort, ever.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Jordan S
Eccles
Reviewed 31 October 2011

We had our staff christmas party there last year (in Feb, don't ask), and it was one of the most depressing nights of my life. Partly due to the food, which was very very basic, cheap and nasty pate with a sad looking bit of lettuce and tomato and some rubbery bits of white toast, followed by a carvery. If you know you're going to a carvery you should always lower your expectations, it's true, (unless you really love overcooked dried out food), but this was as bad as it gets. I suspected it had been reheated from lunchtime or the day before, because I can't imagine how else they made the meat so dry and the roast potatoes quite so rubbery, the veg was your basic peas and carrots and were surely out of a tin, they were so mushy and tasteless. I don't know what the pudding was like, because after a few mouthfuls of the main course, I cut my losses and went home to egg on toast and the telly.

Apart from the food, the venue wasn't much either, it was like a barn, very cold and draughty and felt very grubby.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank ChrisSamsDad
Cheshire
Reviewed 4 June 2011

We dropped in looking for somewhere to have dinner. We became aware that two weddings were being catered for and so expected to be turned away. Not at all! Our order was taken andwe were well looked after - we might have been the only guests! Good meal, superb service, couldn't have been made more welcome.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weaverham
The Royal Oak Hotel
Best Western Forest Hills Hotel
The Old Hall Hotel
The Old Hall Hotel
#2 of 3 in Frodsham

Been to Oaklands Hotel? Share your experiences!