“Great staff very helpful clean hotel”
Review of The Lymm Hotel

The Lymm Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Lymm
GreenLeadersBronze level
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great staff very helpful clean hotel”
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here Friday 11th April, just a last minute over night stay, staff were very helpful indeed, room was clean with all you need. The staff was preparing for a weeding it seemed! WOW, who ever the happy couple was! They would have been very happy with their chosen venue indeed it looked great, I would recommend this to anyone given what I had seen!

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Pasteiner, General Manager at The Lymm Hotel, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your excellent review and it was wonderful to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our hotel has got a lot of character and it was good to hear that this was supported by some great staff here.
The happy couple had a wonderful time and we received many very good comments from the whole wedding party. It was a full day with wedding breakfast followed by celebrations until the early hours.
On your next trip don't hesitate to come back to us and please contact me so I can thank you personally.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Yorkshire
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I often work in the area and usually stay at a Premier Inn, which I like and am happy with, however I thought I would try somewhere different.
I do like hotels with character and this one has lots of it. Charm, peace and tranquillity set in some lovely gardens with some great trees. It was quite a haven to come to after a busy day at work.
The staff were very friendly, which is important to me as when you stay away a lot in hotels for work it can be a pretty lonely existence.
I enjoyed the food, good quality, thanks.
Everywhere was nice and clean. I don't agree with the reviews that the décor is "dated". This is not a modern hotel, the décor is in keeping with the age of the hotel and it's character. If I had wanted the usual chain type hotel, I would have booked one.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your very discerning review. The Lymm Hotel does have a lot of character and charm combined with some long serving staff who know many of the guests by name. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you found everything comfortable. We certainly do not try to compete with the larger more obvious more modern chain hotels but strive to concentrate on looking after our guests. Please do not hesitate to return to us on your next visit.
Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 March 2014

The hotel overall is fine, plenty of car parking, not the easiest to find unless you are using sat nav in which case it is very easy. About 15 minutes off the motorway maybe less.

Staff very pleasant. Rooms are basically good, maybe a little tired in places but nothing that would put me off coming here again.

I booked a couple of rooms but on a room only basis at a very reasonable rate through a booking site. ........But bewared the additional cost of breakfast...some sites say around £10 per person.

I was told breakfast was an £18 each charge!!

There is a nice cafe in town that does breakfast but isn't open Mondays. So we left early and stopped up the road at a Premier Inn and ate for £8.75 each.

Room Tip: I have stayed here twice and always been in the extension which runs alongside the car park. No diff...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Pasteiner, General Manager at The Lymm Hotel, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Dear Guest,
Thanks very much for your review. It was lovely to read that you enjoyed your stay and have been back to us. I would recommend that when making your reservation, that you ask for inclusive breakfast which is charged at £10 supplement. If not then you end up paying the £17.95 for brekfast if you come through the door on the day....Though saying that at that price it would be worthwhile in view of the quality of what we offer. Real freashly squeezed orange juice, Free range eggs, Fair Trade tea and coffee, Happy Trotters pork, dairy fresh milk, French pasties and freshly baked croissants to Name only a few of what goes into our breakfasts.
Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 March 2014

My husband & I stayed here as part of a wedding party.We upgraded to a deluxe room.
The room overlooked the front of the hotel.
The bed headboard was marked with the greasy headprints of previous occupants,the carpet was badly stained .
The bath panel was broken & there were labels on the basin from the suppliers dated two months previously.
I complained with regard the room & the duty manager Phillip offered me a complimentary meal or overnight stay at the hotel which he would confirm by email.I am still waiting,thirteen months later.
Lazy management,lazy housekeeping,bad customer service.

Room Tip: Even a deluxe room was dreadful.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review. It was great to read your comments because its amazing to see how much can change in 13 months. New headboards, many new carpets, all the rooms painted. Its a pity that you waited 13 months to let me know that I had forgotten to send that e-mail. In fact looking at the old e-mails it was sent but with with no repsonse re undeliverable bounceback. However when you want to return just give me a call and I shall make a point of looking after you in line with what I promised.
Sorry that we did not get it right for you last time but I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit. Philip Pasteiner

Travellers are raving about these Lymm hotels

Wigan, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 February 2014

We have just spent a night at this hotel and found all of the staff very pleasant and helpful. Breakfast gave plenty of choice and was nicely cooked. The room was not over large to contain a double and a single bed but as we were only a couple it was fine. We would be very happy to visit again. Excellent value for money. Definitely recommended.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Pasteiner, General Manager at The Lymm Hotel, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your excellent review. It was good to hear that you had a good nights rest and that you enjoyed our wonderful breakfast. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Lymm on another occasion.
Santiago, Chile
Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

I booked online from Manchester airport after a cancelled flight. I arrived 1 hour after booking and was impressed everything was already organised and ready for my stay. I arrived late, but the chef stayed to cook for me. A fine example of the helpful, courteous and thoughtful staff at this hotel.
The downside to this hotel is that the decor is dated. It clean, but needs a good update. Also not as close to manchester airport as suggested by the website I booked through!

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,
Thanks for writing a review. The Lymm Hotel is a traditional hotel with a strong emphasis on hospitality. It was built at the same time as the railway line in front which has since disappeared, as the Plough Inn for the commuters from Manchester Central (now G-Mex) returning from a hard day's work. It is true that some of the hotel does date from this period but over the years is has been totally refurbished but therefore cannot match some of the sparkling new hotels in Santiago. Distance from the airport is 20 minutes by car.
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

Excellent food ! Lovely atmosphere and a very warm welcome. Staff are very helpful and the hotel has lots of character.
Would defiantly eat here again, fish cakes fabulous, rib eye succulent and the sticky toffee pudding was amazing.
Thank you !

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mealhunters
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your very positive review about the quality of our food and beverage operation. We do receive many good comments about the standard of our cuisine prepared by our team of chefs working with ingedients whose prevenance has been fully certified and whose hallmark is ecosensitive.Great to read that you enjoy our menu!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lymm
Statham Lodge Hotel
Cottons Hotel & Spa
Cottons Hotel & Spa
#2 of 9 in Knutsford
Macdonald Portal Hotel, Golf and Spa

Been to The Lymm Hotel? Share your experiences!