“Amazing hosts for our wedding!”
Review of The Lymm Hotel

The Lymm Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Lymm
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

What a place! The day after our wedding, holding our reception at The Lymm Hotel and what a day it was, for all the right reasons! We can not recommend the hotel enough, they hosted our wedding with ease and fluidity, nothing was too much trouble and the customer service was impeccable at all times, even at 3am!!!

All of our guests have commented on how fantastic the hotel staff was, there was absolutely no rudeness and we, and our guests, were made incredibly welcome, other hotels could learn a lot from here! The managers even made note that my now husband really wanted one desert but was out voted on our tasting....one arrived on his plate!

Our bedroom was a fantastic size and our guests all had a great nights sleep. Breakfast was also fantastic, as was all the food, again our guests expressed how much they enjoyed it. We had a fairly large wedding of around 100 people and to please that many people is wonderful.

10/10 for this fantastic little hotel! Great work!

• Stayed: August 2014
Pasteiner, General Manager at The Lymm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2014

Thank you very much for your very kind review.
It was wonderful to hear that everything went well on your big day and that all your guests had a memorable time.
It was heartening to know that what you experienced in guest service and hospitality reflects what we are all about within Macdonald Hotels. We do receive a lot of great feedback about our weddings and its great to hear that your experience bore this out.
Wishing you once again all the very best for your future life together from all the Team here at the Lymm Hotel.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Arrived with group late in evening so instructed to go direct to Restaurant for Dinner, this gave us little time to inspect bedroom. Following an excellent meal which was beautifully served we then went through to the bar for a drink before retiring. As it was a Saturday evening we were very surprised as to how quiet it was in the public areas, especially as the food was good. We then went back to our room where on we were horrified to find such a disgustingly filthy place. There were cobwebs, dust, dead insects, dirty carpet in the bedroom and in the bathroom the pipes behind the toilet did not appear to have been cleaned for months. The only redeeming factor was that the bed linen was spotless. My friend went for her shower and very soon re-appeared to tell me that she had just experienced a COLD one. I then went in and as the tap system was very stiff I thought that was the problem but no joy. I gave up and went to bed and had a wonderful night's sleep (another plus). Next morning once again tried water - still no hot. We then went for breakfast and met some of our party who had experienced the same problem. Breakfast was buffet style but choice very poor.

Room Tip: Request rooms in main hotel as suspect Annexe is rarely used.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Pasteiner, General Manager at The Lymm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review. I was very disappointed to read that the room was not up to our normal standards of cleanliness and I would like to apologise for the distress that this caused you. This will be investigated within our team in order to review the cause of the points that you highlighted. Unfortunately the fact that there was no hot water was not flagged up by anyone until the morning when it was discover that the boiler had tripped and it does take time for the system to get back up to temperature.
On a more positive note, it was great to hear that you had an excellent evening meal and a good night’s sleep. Breakfast for our tour group guests are aimed to ensure that they receive a full breakfast within the time schedule specified however I am sure that if you had requested mushroom and a different type of egg preparation, that would not have been a problem.
Please do not hesitate to contact me on your next visit to the North West so that I can apologise in person.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

We stayed here after a trip to see the British Open Golf.
Lovely hotel in quiet settings close to major motorways.
Good size rooms and comfy beds, staff are polite and helpful, there was a wedding reception going on which made it difficult to get a drink but otherwise a nice bar, with seating outside.
The only downside was having to pay £17.50 for a breakfast, which is steep i any hotel.

Room Tip: At the back of the hotel will be nice and peaceful, rooms facing the car park you may hear noise fro...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you very much for your very kind review.
It was great to read that you found our hotel attractive with our beds comfortable and our staff polite and helpful. Our location close to the motorway network such as the M6, M56 and M62 is very convenient and the semi rural setting is ideal for a pleasant base to explore the North West.
In order to avoid any surprises with breakfast I would recommend that on your next visit you take up the offer of the inclusive breakfast price where a discounted rate for breakfast is built in the accommodation price.
Looking forward to your next visit to the Lymm Hotel.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

My daughter booked this for us so we could stay in the area close to friends and family. The room was lovely and perfect being on the ground floor. We had our first breakfast and chose the Haddock with poached eggs and it was the best I have ever had. The staff are extremely friendly and professional and made our stay even more enjoyable. I would highly recommend this hotel for a leisure break.

Room Tip: Chose the smoked haddock for breakfast with a small supplement
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your very kind review.
It was wonderful to read that you found our hotel perfect and lovely with the staff friendly and professional.
The haddock that we offer for breakfast is naturally smoked Scottish haddock, smoked by John Ross Jr (Aberdeen) traditionally cured in 150 year old red-brick kilns, awarded “Gold by the Guild of Fine Foods”.
With this quality of food provenance together with our traditional approach to hospitality, this underlines your point that the Lymm Hotel is an ideal destination for a leisure break.
Looking forward to your next stay with us to visit your daughter in the local area.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Stayed here the evening of my friends wedding, room first allocated was not one we paid for, allocated correct room. Then found dead wasps on bed and Bessie table, confused, rooms are warm especially in summer weather and can be uncomfortable so request a fan. Bedding was stained and appeared dirty, told throw on bed had blood staining in it! Disappointed overall

Room Tip: Check your allocated correct room!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jencpt
Pasteiner, General Manager at The Lymm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Guest, Thank you for your review. I was dismayed to read that you found your stay with us disappointing.
It is true that the weather has been very warm and that although we do not have airconditioning in our bedrooms, we do offer fans on request which have proved very popular.
During this time of year unfortunately wasps are very active and because the windows are being left open, sometimes they do come in and get caught inside the rooms due to our net curtains. Your comment about the bedding has been noted and all our bed spreads have been checked and cleaned.
On a positive note the bride and groom were over the moon with how the arrangements went on their special day and we received a lot of very positive feedback.
On your next visit to the Lymm Hotel, don't hesitate to contact me so that I can apologise in person.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

I stayed for one night whilst on business in the area. I wanted somewhere close to a village/town so I wasnt confined to the hotel, and this fit the bill, being a 10 minute walk from the pleasant town of Lymm. The hotel is signposted on the road from the motorway so was easy to find. It looks like a country pub with a hotel at the rear- nice gardens and plenty of car parking. I had a room in the annex at the back. It was an OK size but very dark, as was overlooked by trees. Normally I would have objected to this but it was a hot day so I was actually glad it was cool. Decor was quite old fashioned, as was the bathroom, though it was very clean. It had the feel of being decorated by a retired middle class couple. Bed was OK and I slept well, aided by the darkness of the room. I didnt have breakfast so didn't spend long in the hotel. It was adequate for a one night stop over and I felt the price of £75 was fair.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the annex are very dark
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest, Thank you for your review.
I was glad to read that you found the hotel met your needs and with Lymm village being at easy walking distance, this does give us a big advantage for those guests who want to stretch their legs after a busy day in the office or after a long drive here.
As for the appearance of the Lymm hotel, the hotel did actually start as the local inn closest to the railway line and station that used to run nearby into Manchester Central and which is now part of the Trans Pennine Way. Over the years it was transformed into full service hotel as a base for guests visiting all of the North West.
It was great to hear that you had a good night's sleep in a cool room during this hot spell that we have been having. It is a pity that you missed breakfast about which we receive a lot of great feedback.
On your next visit please don't hesitate to make yourself known to me.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Stayed here for one night for a friends wedding it not a bad place to stay can be quite pricey an staff can be a little too eager at clearing tables I'm still shocked at them taking my £8 glass of wine when I had gone to the toilet!! Other than that it's not been too bad

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest, Thank you for your review.
I was glad to read that you found the hotel exactly what you wanted for the celebration.
It was most unfortunate to hear about our rather overzealous staff who cleared away your wine glass too early and I would recommend on another occasion to bring up the matter with the supervisor on duty at the time who, I am sure, would be in a position to help.
For clarification for those who do not know the hotel, our entry level wines start at £4 per 175 ml glass of red or white wine going up depending on quality and size of glass.
The bride and groom have been very generous with their praise for the hotel and I am sorry that this small episode put a slight dampener on an otherwise very happy occasion.
Philip

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lymm
Statham Lodge Hotel
pentahotel Warrington
pentahotel Warrington
#5 of 22 in Warrington
Mere Court Hotel And Conference Centre

Been to The Lymm Hotel? Share your experiences!