We recently went to Statham Lodge for Sunday lunch to celebrate a family anniversary. I hadn't been for a number of years but had fond memories of the place so was looking forward to going back.
Unfortunately, it was not quite as I remembered.....
- the staff were unhelpful, clumsy, scruffy and at times rude; we had to request a high chair 3 times before someone brought it to us
- they took our orders by table but then brought out our meals randomly so food arrived at each table at different times - the staff were left wandering around looking totally disorganised and resulted in us putting our hands up to get their attention if it was what we had ordered!
- I had to actually request a separate meal for my 2 year old daughter - at which point they had to go and check what they could offer her (they had been told prior to our arrival that there were children in our party)
- our main courses arrived before the children's (by which point they were bored and had gone past the point of eating)
- the room was sectioned off by a rickety partition that looked as though it had seen better days and almost toppled over on a number of occasions
- no-one came to collect any glasses from the table for the entire duration of the meal
On the plus side, the food was lovely and the gardens gave plenty of space for the children to run around.
However, for a supposed premier venue, I was left feeling really disappointed by the experience. In the past, I have known Statham Lodge to be a beautiful place with polite, professional staff who couldn't do enough and genuinely would go the extra mile to make sure your visit was a pleasant experience. However, we were left with distinctly amateur staff and it felt like a huge inconvenience to ask for anything - and we aren't a particularly picky or demanding family!
I really hope it was a one-off and not indicative of the general level of service at Statham Lodge. I won't be rushing back though.......
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Statham Lodges' beautifully landscaped gardens, surrounded by country fields yet with excellent network links remains a testament to careful and loving ownership. Still the focal point for excellent food and hospitality it continues to enjoy an enviable reputation. Statham Lodge Country House Hotel is a breathtaking Georgian manor house hotel, benefiting from stunning views of the Cheshire countryside, surrounded by acres of private gardens. Packed with original features, this charming and glamorously stylish hideaway is ideal for those in search of a luxury country break, superb dining & some well earned time away from busy lives. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Statham Lodge Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Statham Hotel Country
- Statham Lodge Hotel Lymm, Cheshire