“An unusually quiet day but great for the kids”

Tamar Valley Donkey Park
Caddington
165 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 195 helpful votes
“An unusually quiet day but great for the kids”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We visited at the end of the half term holidays with our grand children and found that the park was much quieter than on previous visits, possibly because of the serious rain storms and also because some schools had an extra holiday day. However this proved a great bonus for the children as when the rain came over they had the indoor play barn much to themselves! The goats and donkeys proved just as friendly as ever as did the local cockerel. Lots to do for the children and young at heart- only shame was that we had planned to have lunch there but they had assumed that the holidays were finished and had closed the café only serving sandwiches and drinks in the play barn area.

Visited June 2014

Tavistock, United Kingdom
“RIP OFF!!”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

After reading all the review's both good and bad, decided to pay the donkey park a visit, so wish I had taken notice of the bad review's. It cost over £20 pounds for me and my parents, and we saw all there was to see in 15 minutes, there was one donkey roaming free, and two in a barn that you could actually feed and stroke, all the other's were kept in one large field, it rained whilst we were there, and as there are no proper walkways you had to trudge through mud to look at them, in another field were some horses but you could only see them from a distance, so apart from some friendly goats that is all there is to see. The park looks run-down, and to be honest the animals do not look that cared for, should of listened to the alarm bells, as when we arrived we were the only car in the car-park, the café was also shut the day we went. Sad to say there is not one positive comment I can make, the only consolation is that my money hopefully has gone towards the upkeep of these animals, but I will defiantly never be returning, even though I live just a few miles away.

Visited May 2014
Cardiff, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely for children and a fantastic cause.”
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

We took our 18month old son here and he absolutely loved it(as did we)! The animals are obviously well looked after and have plenty of space; some goats and chicken are roaming free amongst the visitors which is lovely! Lots of interaction for children of all ages like holding small animals, grooming and walking donkeys and feeding the goats/donkeys. The cafe is reasonably priced. All staff are very friendly and helpful. You can take well behaved dogs on a lead. Both the indoor and outdoor play areas are well equipped with plenty to keep the little ones occupied for a couple of hours! A fantastic day out and helping an excellent cause. We will be returning and highly recommend to animal lovers and young families.

Visited April 2014
Gunnislake
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Family visit”
Reviewed 22 January 2014

We live very local to this attraction and over the years it has gone down so dramatically. It cost £12 for me, my son and grandson to go in for an hour. It is dirty, worn and there are no longer donkey rides - because 'all their donkeys are too old now'. I know this is not true because I know of a local girl who has broken several donkeys recently. All the equipment is very old and tired. The staff don't want to know. They couldn't care less. I used to have an attraction of my own from 2000 to 2004 and in those days the donkey park was a fantastic attraction that I highly recommended. Now it is tired, dirty and needs a lot of money to bring it up to an acceptable standard.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank waitrose656
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Brilliant!”
Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

Went with friends to the Tamar donkey park to see Father Christmas and to wear our toddlers out. It is safely enclosed and lots of things for busy toddlers and children to do both inside and out. Our daughter loved seeing Father Christmas (who was very good!) also read the nativity story to the kiddies.
Would definitely recommend I people with children of all ages and lots to do.

1 Thank Spaghettigue