“Truly an amazing place”
Review of Cory Farm Cottages

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Morwenstow
Cory Farm Cottages
Reviewed 22 June 2014

The whole experience made one feel totally happy, relaxed and privileged to be in such a wonderful place. The views, the welcome, and the general low key combined with top-notch (yes that is possible) facilities ensured very happy memories. Thank you for providing exactly what we needed and wanted.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Sarah H
There are newer reviews for Cory Farm Cottages

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I've spent my whole life holidaying in this corner of Cornwall and think it is one of the most beautiful places in the world. These cottages are ideally located, run by lovely friendly people, and are clean and kid friendly - we stayed with our 4 year old, and he loved it - he could see the cows being milked, and the play barn is amazing for kids - especially if it rains. Highly recommended for its location, amenities, and comfort. I would return without doubt.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank BinSpain2014
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stayed in Stanbury and Marsland Barns in June as a large group of friends and family. The barns were simply decorated, spacious, had beautiful exposed roof trusses and were very clean. We had a great power shower in our en-suite in Stanbury. The sunsets were magical, setting over the sea with Lundy Island in the distance, picture taken on my phone from the kitchen of Marsland barn. Stanbury barn had the best views overlooking the sea. The play barn was a real success with the kids. We will definitely be returning, the accommodation offered good value for money and we had a great family holiday in a beautiful corner of Cornwall.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank TeanT
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I have stayed in both Stanbury and Marsland over the last 12 months, most recently in November 2013 where myself and 11 friends had both cottages for a long weekend. It was fantastic, the accommodation was great with every mod con you could wish for. Both cottages were beautifully clean and well maintained. Beds were very comfortable and the bedding was lovely and soft and smelt great. I have stayed in a number of holiday cottages in Cornwall and these are by far the best quality.

Room Tip: There are some poor reviews for these cottages but they are people trying to get a free holiday for...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Turkey101
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We took our twin toddlers and two small dogs. The accommodation was comfortable and clean. The kids loved seeing the cows and we enjoyed the peace and tranquility. Would definitely recommend to urbanites in need of a rest and a base to explore. The Bush Inn is a must-see. Everyone at the farm and the pub very friendly and welcoming.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank JoHovean
Reviewed 29 September 2013

This was a much anticipated holiday however it did not live up to any expectations. I think it is a very run down cottage (stanbury). The play barn was run down and basically a complete mess. The swings were broken. It looked nothing like the photos on website!!
The main issue was the terrible damp and the problems caused by it. The downstairs bedrooms all had damp if not wet bedding/sheets daily so was very uncomfortable. There was an awful foisty smell all the time. All clothing in wardrobes were unwearable due to damp as they were wet. We couldn't get anything dry including towels.
We went with our friends and had 3 young children between us so this was an issue. We paid £1500 between us for a week. An absolute disgrace.
We may as well have been camping due to the uncomfortable issues.
Upon leaving the last day the owners stated they hadn't had any other complaints about the damp.....however their guest book would tell a different story. They offered us £50 compensation which really is pathetic when it cost us £1500 and it was horrendous.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Northerndill
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Cory Farm Cottages

Should be on holiday from hell It stunk really bad this is the property, there were 100s of flies at one point I counted over 20 flies in the bathroom alone.

The bedrooms were damp musty and a health hazard ( look at the images I have uploaded) My 1 year old daughter became ill I had to take her 6 miles to the local hospital she end up on antibiotics and a fungal infection in the mouth due to the damp, To a point we had to cut are holiday short and leave at 7 pm back home 7 hour drive as we couldn’t risk my daughter to get any more ill, she was coughing all night vomiting my partner had to take her in the bathroom to sleep, we had a humidifier in the room but that didn’t help the only good thing was the play barn for the kids with a dead bird on the floor for over 2 days so shows the owner don’t do regularly check ups. Will not go back unhappy been waiting for 9 months for this holiday to cut is short 3 days no happy will not go back and I do not recommend people with asthma small children and elderly as this place is a death trap.....

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank David B

Been to Cory Farm Cottages? Share your experiences!