“Simply beautiful but everyone needs to keep the beach clean”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Koh Poda Island

Owner description: private beach
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 98 helpful votes
“Simply beautiful but everyone needs to keep the beach clean”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

25 minutes boat ride from Ao Nang and we ended up on this beautiful island. The beach is very nice except for the rubbish which I feel that every tourist have to play their part in keeping the island clean. The white sand and crystal clear waters was the highlight of our trip. We spent 4 hours just chilling on the beach.

We will definitely be back.

5 Thank Patiencegin

• Turkish first
Norway
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Beautiful Island - with garbage”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

We went to this beautiful island with a low fare longtail tour. We stopped in the south side of the beach (not the scenic side with the great rock). I've heard a lot about this island before I came here, that this was nice, but I was dissapointed. Wherever you go you'll find garbage. In the water in the woods and on the beach itself. I walked towards the nice end and same thing over there. It seam to me that Thailand can't hadle mass tourism. They want our money, but they wont clean up.

5 Thank Burger77Norway
Kolkata
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Very Scenic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

I visited Poda on a longtail boat from Aonang. It takes about half an hour to reach there from Aonang. The good thing is that I went in the late afternoon when the crowd was minimal and got an opportunity to enjoy the breathtaking views from this island. Thought I could spend hours there lazing around.

London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Scenic, but flawed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

Took a boat to the islands, beginning with Poda. The beach is very nice except for the rubbish, much of which I suspect has drifted in on the currents. There are bars and food stalls by the beach, meaning loud music and many people. Main complaint was that the treed area had a fence around it and a 20b fee to enter. So you have to pay to get out of the sun.

Visited October 2013
3 Thank tw25rw
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“High hopes... Not fulfilled”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

From the shore of Ao Nang it looks like a tropical paradise, somewhere to get away from it all on white sanded beaches.... In reality it's pretty dirty!

We arrived and were greeted by some nice sand then rubbish and bits everywhere (lots of lighters for some reason) I can help but think the lack of bins on the island contributes.

The water was lovely and the fish were fun.

There is a little restaurant which is horrifically over priced for the crap they serve, toilets were horrific!

Generally It was a bit of a let down - we did see monkeys and also be aware there is wildlife there like the snake we encountered coming towards us...

Probably wouldn't go again