“The Full Moon Garden gave me the best day of my life!!! :)”

Full Moon Garden Hotel
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Katunayake
“The Full Moon Garden gave me the best day of my life!!! :)”
Reviewed 25 May 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on the 19th May as a little night away for my boyfriend's birthday.I spoke to the Front Office Manager, Chamindu, when booking the room in order to let him know what the occassion was. We were booked into a lovely suite and on entering, the floor and bed both had petals on and the champagne i had asked for was in the icebucket waiting. Everything was brilliant and the food was really great. The food was served quickly, it was hot, delicious, and very well presented...

I want to say thank u too all the staff at the Full Moon Garden for making our day run so smooth

Make sure you ask for Chamindu. Superb member of staff a credit to him profession and the hotel and its parent Well done and thanks for a wonderful experience.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Stefani15

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Staffordshire
Reviewed 20 April 2013

On reading reviews was a bit put off about this hotel, but it was close to the aiport which is what we wanted for an early morning flight. Glad we decided to stay there as we found it a wonderful place to stay. We found it clean, nice bedroom and sitting room even though we had only booked the cheapest room. Lovely pool, maybe you could be put off if youre a bit shy, as the pool is surrounded by the dining area, but all the same it was very clean and provided a refreshing dip. Food was fine and staff if anything were overwhelming, as soon as you put your drink down they were there offering more. Had a good nights sleep on a comfy bed ready for the morning flight - went to the airport via tuk tuk and only took 10 minutes, The hotel would supply a car to the airport if required, but we just walked to the end of the drive and a tuk tuk stopped immediately, charging us 300 rupees (£1.50) for the journey. Would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel as a stopover for the airport, it wouldnt really be suitable for a long stay as there isnt much outside apart from a couple of local shops and garages.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LouiseStaffordshire
Reviewed 10 April 2013

The service was really good at the wedding reception of my nephew. Foods were really nice and we enjoyed it. Great place for "spend a day" on a nice big pool too. One of the best hotels and would love to recommend to the others

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Richardwilliams1
Colombo, null, Sri Lanka
Reviewed 7 April 2013

I'm writing this because we had a wedding function in this hotel and one of the Catering service guys had asked my sister that they would enjoy her in the company her mates in a room in the hotel.
When we complained this to the manager they said they would take Disciplinary actions regarding the incident but nothing happened until the end of the function.
Then when we were about to leave the same caterer had gathered with their inmates to have a go at us while we were about to leave, totally in the revenge of the complain made by us.
There was a huge fight and most of our guys got injured since we were like 2 againts 20(the whole catering team).
It was so ugly to see them behave like this in front of in house local/foreign guests and this is a shame for Sri Lanka.
So I tell you never take your sister/girlfriend/mom even grandmother to this hotel. If you do keep watch of the Catering service guys.
Thanks.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
7 Thank WarunaSP

Travellers are raving about these Katunayake hotels

Thessaloniki, Greece
Reviewed 27 March 2013 via mobile

We spent 6 hours at the hotel because we had a night flight and the hotel is located near the airport. Terrible experience! Dirty, noisy, full of Mosquitos, has not been renovated for the last 20 years minimum, the bathroom was awfull, dirty linen and pillows! Stay away!

Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kantoV
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 March 2013

Normally when I visit Sri Lanka, I do pop into Full Moon Garden Hotel for a nice relaxing time and specially to enjoy the seafood on offer with the cashew nuts.

But when I visited in February 2013 this was not the case. I ordered the same dishes such as seafood platter which normally comes in a steamed hot pot. After waiting for an hour and questioning the waiter, a bland white plate came with small quantities of fish that look like was cooked by an amateur chef.

I was furious with regards to the dish as I had invited friends from around the world to have a good here and them taking my word for it. Actually all dishes did let me down in every way. On top of this the bland plate of fish was over price in which the total bill came to Rs 12000 which I could have gone to a five start hotel such as saman villas and enjoyed an amazing food experience and wouldn’t have cost a fortune.

When questioned the management a person by the name of Captain Russell came to speak to me. I explained the lack of food quality and the service. He was not even apologetic and went straight to bring the chef who was in charge on the day. I then again had to explain the situation the chef (WHO WAS NEW) but to no avail. No apology at all from any party even though it was a dish that actually could have been plated by anyone. It was one of the worst experiences I ever had…..

I will never take anyone here to have a food experience as the management lacked in poor skills to make the customer happy…

Try saman villas amazing simple food for quality and reasonable price. You would not be disappointed….

Room Tip: Try saman villas amazing simple food for quality and reasonable price. You would not be disappointed...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank jays007
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 February 2013

On my way to leave Sri Lanka, i checked into a standard room for 3 days, and it was a pleasant surprise! The staff were positive and helpful, the pool-area was superb and the room was more like an appartment. The livingroom is really spacious and nice. The bedroom was also spacious and clean, and the bathroom was great. I dont understand the negative reviews here (I had no chance to check every room offcourse) , but i strongly recommend this place to anyone who is arriving and departing from sri lanka.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Frifot
Also consider these accommodations in or near Katunayake
Ared Villa
Hotel Paradise
Hotel Paradise
#4 of 7 in Katunayake
No photo provided

Been to Full Moon Garden Hotel? Share your experiences!