The first inkling you get that this hotel is not really a Ramada but a licensed property is the sign in the hotel's reception. Ramada's central booking website certainly doesn't rush to tell you that when you buy into the Ramada name here, you're not getting what you think you are.
You're getting a locally managed hotel about fifteen minutes away from the airport which provides shabby, barely adequate accommodation. It's not filthy, but it's hardly pristine - you can sleep sound enough here, but don't expect not to encounter musty corridors and dark, dowdy rooms. The AC worked as did the plumbing. That's not a 'given' in Sri Lankan hotels generally, BTW! We used it as a stopover after a particularly nasty flight schedule dumped us in Colombo at 2.50am, so this was somewhere to wash off the journey, sleep and prepare for our trip up to Kandy the next day. It was adequate - barely - to the task.
Breakfast was a strange melange of oddly-conceived 'American' breakfast, slightly puzzling pastries (doughnuts 'drizzled' with chocolate sauce. Yum.) and Sri Lankan dishes. Coffee was fine, the toast machine broken (two of four slices worked) but it wasn't the worst breakfast I've ever eaten.
Short stopover out of necessity on your way somewhere else? Fine. No more than that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ramada Katuanayake is located just 7KM miles from Bandaranaike Airport. It features a fitness center, an outdoor swimming pool, and offers spa facilities. All rooms are air-conditioned and equipped with cable TV, minibar and a work desk. In-room breakfast is available. Guests can sunbathe at the pool area, and make use of the fully equipped fitness center. The hotel's restaurant overlooks the pool and serves a wide variety of both Eastern and Western cuisine. Guests of Ramada Katuanayake are also welcome to enjoy an exotic cocktail at the Pinnacolada Lounge Bar. Hotel Ramada Katuanayake is 14KM from Negombo Beach and 3KM from the Birds Sanctuary at Muturajawela, which is also accessible by boat. The city of Colombo is 30KM away. Free on-site parking is available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Hotel.de, HRS and Ebookers so you can book your Ramada Katunayake Colombo International Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Katunayake Colombo International Airport Hotel Katunayake
- Ramada Katunayake Colombo International Airport Sri Lanka