Ramada Katunayake Colombo International Airport
Airport View Hotel(Katunayake)
Ared Villa(Katunayaka)
Onreech Hotel(Seeduwa)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsspecial thanksfront officeswimming poolshort stayroom was largetransit passengerslong flightnice stayimmigrationbathtubcooperative
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 January 2014

The hotel is clean and close to the airport. We requested non-smoking rooms, but got rooms with ashtrays in them. Smoke was detectable but not noticeable or bothersome. Staff were friendly and the shuttle was well-run and on-time.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 December 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Reviewed 26 December 2013

As described, this was a transit hotel for our group. We asked for the room for short term to get cleaned up before the long flight.

Front desk was slow. They were putting us on the top floor so I asked for the first room available nearby because we are in and out. We were put in room 101. While others bathe/showered, the others went to the restaurant to eat. I heard it was just plan and ordinary food.

Hotel was ten minutes from the airport, quite handy.

Sadly, our bathroom was not very clean. The drain to the shower looked moldy and drain was clogged, it did not drain. I believe rooms should be all the same whether it is in transit or overnight. After all, I saw how much the room costs that was paid by our tour coordinator. It was not cheap for a transit hotel. What a disappointment!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 December 2013

A typical 'transit-type' hotel 10 minutes from Colombo airport. As many flights are either arriving or leaving in the early hours this hotel is well placed for a convenient one night stay.

Has a small pool and outside area. Staff were quite helpful and they put an extra bed in our room to cater for one of our kids. Food is what you'd expect, it does the job for a night.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 December 2013

I only stayed here for one night, on business, and it more than suited my needs. It was clean and my room was comfortable and spacious. The linen was superb, as was the decor. Everything was there for my comfort. I was tired from my journey, so I needed to relax, which I did. On arrival, a fresh cool juice is offered, which is a nice touch. I had quite a long way to go to my room and actually managed to lose my way a couple of times. The lift is slow - and in great demand - easier to take the stairs. The breakfast was adequate, but not outstanding. It catered more for those eating either a continental type breakfast or curry. Tables were laid nicely, and the restaurant staff, like the rest of the staff I met, were helpful courteous and obliging. During my only meal at the hotel, a coachload arrived for breakfast which took a great deal of the ambience away from the setting and I would have likened the atmosphere to catering for the noisy masses. On departure, it took a long time for someone to collect my luggage - probably the lift again!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business