“Lunch is a mini getaway break”
Review of The Mustard Seed

The Mustard Seed
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Wonderful country house in County Limerick. Quality of food, service/hospitality and ambience rank this restaurant with the best in Europe. On this occasion the Rabbit Roll was brilliantly executed and a great start to the meal. The Kerry Hill Lamb two ways, roast leg and hot pot, was a treat and the local cheese with coffee to close the meal was just appropriate for the setting in the heart of the Golden Vale. Service was really excellent and friendly. The parting cup of tea offered as we exited this beautiful house was old-style Irish hospitality.
We have eaten and stayed over weekends at this Country House more decades than I care to remember and the high standards of hospitality never ever fail to send me away recharged for the week ahead.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

I spent the weekend with a small group of girlfriends for a special occasion - we had our own apartment which was lovely. The setting is beautiful and the house itself has a lot of character. The staff were lovely, really friendly and helpful. The food was really fabulous - the food and innovation in the menu is superb. it was really good value to stay for a special occassion - accomodation, 4 course meal and the breakfast -which was a real treat - so fresh and tasty and alot of choice, not just your irish fry up!
I would highly recommend to those really interested in food or who want to show tourists what Irish food is really about - you'll have a smile on your face after savouring the wonderful food, if you are into your big dinner portions and are disappointed if you're not stuffed after a meal then it may not be for you.

1  Thank LainShan
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Came down here for a night with wife for her birthday. Owner heard it was her birthday and sent up a complimentary glass of bubbles to the room. before dinner. We then came down and had a drink before dinner and we got a salmon macaroon which was delicious. I had foie gras to start which was best I have had followed by soup which was excellent. Wife had a fish starter which was also delicious. For mains I had Brill and she had an amazing mushroom pasta dish which was made with homemade pasta and a host of different types of mushrooms and meringue! Both were 10 out of 10 without a shadow of a doubt. Also worth mentioning is a big choice of half bottles of wine which is great. I had not heard of this place before but someone recommended it to me and we will be back again for a special occasion. Price for dinner is €60 per head. For what you get this is really good value and I have paid more for less in other restaurants and still thought they were great.

1  Thank FlanFM
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Have visited this place on a few occasions with some American relations. The food is scarce and very overpriced for what you get. Very large plate with a main course that is like a starter.
We actually ended up on the way home taking home a take away from the nearby town.
I certainly would not eat there again at such prices.

5  Thank Patrick R
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Booked a weekend with the family for a significant birthday at the Mustard Seed and had a wonderful time. Food and accommodation were excellent. Staff were friendly and helpful. Would definitely recommend.