“Best Bread”

Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Orford
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Just popped in here after a lovely stay at the C&C opposite. Needless to say we spent a bit more than we wanted but you couldn't stop yourself. Shall be back

1  Thank hockneyhockers

Reviewed 4 November 2013

Myself and a friend had a late lunch there one Sunday in August. We both ordered the bacon and avocado bun. The bacon was tasty and crisp and the bread was fresh and delicious. My only gripe is that the avocado slices were rock hard, these not being ripe should never had left the kitchen. I was also unfortunate to order a little Portuguese tart/pasteis de nata of which I am usually very fond of. Although it did look right, the custard inside had curdled, not wanting to make a fuss we said nothing. On our way out we bought some bread and a giant meringue for diner, these on the other hand were very nice.

1  Thank NellyHastings
Reviewed 1 November 2013

This is one of the best bakeries we have been to. We ate there and had several items to takeaway but please be warned you will not go there if you are on a budget. The quality of the ingredients, which are excellent and the whole experience does make it worthwhile, so we do suppose you pay for what you get. A great place to visit and we will go back as we enjoyed the food, the friendly staff were very good and you come away feeling it was worth the money.

1  Thank David24052709
Reviewed 31 October 2013 via mobile

I've eaten in a very famous bakery in Paris and a very famous place in New York that have an exceptional reputation... And are the poor competitor to this amazing, wonderful, twee, charming, exceptional place.

We dived into it to avoid the misty rain and were frankly dazzled. Trying to get a quick warming basic cup of coffee, I was served one of the best flat white's I've ever had, my wife had a mug of pure heavenly hot chocolate. To eat, my wife's Guinness chocolate cake looked like a slab of stodge yet was the lightest, moistest cake that Paul Hollywood would be jealous of, my Eccles cake with Lancashire cheese was to die for. 4 hours later, I can still taste it. This place is a gold mine. I cannot recommend it enough.

2  Thank Niceaspies
Reviewed 14 October 2013

What a find ! Top quality bakery, Bread , cakes, cafe all v good, Well done Pump Street ! Situated in the heart of the Village a mecca for bread lovers, Excellent sour dough, and an eccles cake to die for !

2  Thank Preston1955