“Lovely warm welcome...”
Review of Riverside Tearoom

Riverside Tearoom
Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in Orford
Description: Opening Times April to October 7 days a week 9.30am to 5.00pm Please visit our website
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Gorgeous winter morning walk with some family members and the most genuine, warm welcome from all the lasses here. Good, prompt service although we only had hot drinks on the decking. Such a pleasure! Thanks to all of you.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

We keep coming back here as my wife (a home-made cake Guru) says they are excellent. I went for a bacon sarnie as I don't have a sweet tooth, I wasn't disappointed either. Excellent coffee, I had an extra shot as I like my coffee strong, wow, awesome. Didn't sit outside this time as there was a chill in the air but Orfordness and the river looked gorgeous in the sunshine. Will be back on the bike when it warms up a bit. There's a fresh fish hut next door which sells lovely fresh fish so call in your way home.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

You want to be at this tearoom on a typical Suffolk beachside day, when it's blowing a bit outside and you want a window of sanctuary that still affords you a view out over the sand flats and between the fishing boats to the sea. Or a sunny day when you want a sheltered deck and a spot in the sun. Either way, you're superbly catered for by this understated but excellent tearoom.
We visited with children, and nothing was too much trouble - always a great sign of a well run establishment. The food is simple but well prepared and delicious - we had the lobster sandwich special and it was fresh, well seasoned and very tasty.
Inside and out it's clean as a whistle, nicely furnished and with local art on the walls. For an inexpensive pit stop before or after a walk on the beach or a visit to Orford castle, you can't beat this little place. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

We saw the signs for the Riverside Tearoom and folllowed the road to the quayside. What a wonderful spot for a restaurant. The view is beautiful and the food delicious. My husband had a bacon sandwich which was very generously filled as was my crayfish sandwich ( see photo!) It was sunny but a bit too windy to sit outside and I can imagine in the summer it would be lovely. The staff are very friendly and the cakes looked very tempting. Great!

1  Thank wallace447
Reviewed 10 September 2013

What wonderful staff at Riverside. I asked to take a chair outside for my disabled husband to sit at the tables and the young man insisted on carrying one outside for me. So very nice to receive help with a smile. The food was delicious and is served to the table there is a nice choice and the view beautiful. A ramp makes access to the cafe easy for those of us with mobility problems. Oh - must not not forget there is a nice bowl of water for the dogs too! Perfect.