“Lovely inn, idyllic setting, great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Badachro Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Badachro
Badachro Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Badachro B&B and Inns
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Lovely inn, idyllic setting, great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

Stayed at the Inn for one night, was in the area for work. Excellent views over the loch and relatively quiet despite being over a pub and next to a jetty. Greeted by young and friendly staff who showed me my room (there is only one) int he accommodation area above the pub, and instructed me on dinner and breakfast matters, as well as the general housekeeping. Room was small but had a tv, wi-fi, tea and coffee point. Storage and hanging areas. Shower and toilet room opposite corridor. Everything was clean. Two comments - no hand soap in the loo, and although I felt relatively safe as the only guest, and the owners discreetly down the hall, there was no lock on the bedroom door. That's probably where the negative comments end! I had supper which was excellent, so much on offer in the end I went for a steak which was cooked to perfection. Home made onion rings went down well with a lovely side salad. A few real ales on tap as well as the standard favourites. Ate outside as the weather was amazing and warm. Slept very well. The next morning came down for breakfast, not the biggest fan of fry ups, so they gave me a lovely fruit salad with melon and strawberries, fresh yoghurt with dried cranberries and hazelnuts, fresh coffee however I wanted it, 3 types of cereal, 2 different juices…..what made this experience even better is that they had taken the liberty of setting up brekkie alfresco as it was again another gorgeous day. I felt like a VIP eating breakfast on the terrace, with the views and the inn all to myself. I was sad to have to go, will definitely return with my partner!
To summarize, the food and setting were amazing however the accommodation might not be for everyone…I'm pretty laid back so this place was absolutely perfect.

Room Tip: There is only one room, so you take what your given!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Inverness, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

We went to the Inn for a spot of lunch in the middle of a west coast run - didnt get any further had such a great lunch we stayed for dinner and the night ! - Huge breakfast on the deck on a beautiful sunny morning being the highlight

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank ikess1 .
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

What a find, nestled in a beautiful bay, great selection of beer on tap, stunning views, friendly locals and great food. Just spoilt by numpties who came expecting to be served immediately as if it was a 5-star Manhattan restaurant, sorry that's not why you come to the West coast of Scotland. Best bit was seeing the fresh seafood being carried up the jetty next door.... you do not get ANY fresher than that. My wife had crayfish which were just awsome. Pub is family run and full of locals which just completes the absolute charm of the place.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Inverness
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Went along for lunch with a friend having made a booking previously. We sat in the conservatory which has lovely views of a natural harbour and Gairloch beyond. We both had fish and chips which were very tasty, the batter was exactly as I like it, light and crispy and the chips were large, chunky and crispy too. I would have liked some mushy peas along with it as well but they were not on the menu. I would recommend making a booking if you are wanting a meal as it can get very busy at times, I will definitely be back to taste something else off the 'Specials Board.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
JACKSON
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

We stayed at Croft 23 and they recommended that we drive up the road for dinner. We had a wonderful time. This family owned restaurant was really great. I had the salmon and my husband had the beef casserole. Both were really tasty. We gobbled them up. We had a nice bottle of wine and a really great dessert. It is off season so everyone knew everyone and one of the locals was pouring his own beer. Anyway we just had a great time.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CATHY A
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

We booked in to the one bedroom at the inn as part of a 4 day trip round Scotland. The location of the inn is stunning with a huge deck overlooking the water.

Our room was small but clean & we had our own bathroom with a brilliant shower across the corridor. As the room is above the pub expect a bit of noise until closing time.

Our evening meal was mixed - great fish pie - average steak. Breakfast was whenever we wanted (as we were the only guests) delicious, and cooked to order with a good choice. We ate breakfast out on the deck which was idyllic. We returned for lunch the next day & had a lovely salmon sandwich. The dog was welcome in the bar & the room & on the recommendation of the owners we went to red point beaches the next day which was stunning.

Great value @ £70 B&B. we would definitely return. Bring midge spray !

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Stingybird
Elgin, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

12 of us stopped here during a sunday run out on our bikes. The location is stunning, food really good with quick service. Haven't given an excellent rating due to slightly high food prices for the area. Would I go back, definitely.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Badachro
Shieldaig Lodge
#1 of 1 in Poolewe
Kinlochewe Hotel
Kinlochewe Hotel
#1 of 1 in Kinlochewe

Been to Badachro Inn? Share your experiences!