“Dog Friendly Wee Pub ”
Review of The Badachro Inn

The Badachro Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Badachro
Price range: US$8 - US$61
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

Come up to Gairloch fairly often and always visit Badachro Inn for a drink. However, this is the first time I have eaten here.

Went in on a Saturday lunchtime with 2 dogs. Menu is varied, and there was also a specials board too. I opted for an open Cajun chicken sandwich. This was just OK...but the chunky chips....amazing!!!
Service was done mainly by who I believed was the owner....there were waitresses walking around but they didn't seem to be doing much?!
Gorgeous setting, dog friendly, and nice and cosy.
The only thing I would say is I wasn't checked back on....only once I had paid my bill.
Other than that, I'd definitely return!

1  Thank thechocl8girl

Reviewed 26 October 2017

I last visited this Inn two years ago. At that point the owner reported that he and his wife intended to sell up, so we expected some changes. In the event, they remain in charge, although they were not there when we visited. Six of us took pot luck, appearing in three different cars from three different directions, but all arriving in roughly the same time frame. We were just in time. The place filled up very suddenly, clearly being well renowned and commonly enjoyed. There seemed to be just one waitress on duty, but she coped magnificently with great goodwill. And we enjoyed a good pub lunch (fish and chips for four, fish pie for one and macaroni cheese for the last). A thoroughly enjoyable visit, made all the better because of the magical scenery

Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

It’s been a while since we’ve visited The Badachro Inn and we had really great memories of previous meals there. Hearing it had new owners, we checked the website and saw the emphasis was still on fresh, local produce, particularly seafood. Perfect!

But ...

It’s still a lovely pub, with friendly staff, good beer and a great wine list, but sorry to say the food was a big disappointment - and that was the major draw for us. Yes, there was seafood on the menu, but no sign of langoustine, scallops, prawns or crabs. Fish and chips, baked salmon and sea bass are all fine, but how locally sourced they are is unclear. They’re also staples on pretty much any good pub menu. Such a shame when other restaurants in the area are serving local shellfish.

The dishes we ordered were so-so, ranging from “OK” salmon to my daughter’s “Awful” tomato pasta (she couldn’t find anything else on the menu and she’s not a fussy eater). My Stilton Mac ‘n’ Cheese was pretty bland and non-descript ...not a hint of Stilton flavour and I left about half of it ...which is not like me! Nothing to write home about in short.

Perhaps our experience was just down to the new owners settling in and sorting out suppliers or it being the end of the season. I hope so because they have a gem of a location, a hugely positive historical reputation and a willing audience to trade off. Hopefully some time, thought and planning will see it back to its best very soon. We certainly wish the new owners all the very best in their venture.

1  Thank Dudders2017
Reviewed 19 October 2017

We ate at the Badachro Inn three times while staying at Aird Hill B&B and enjoyed our food each time. The fish and chips was especially good, though we also loved the haggis. Staff were very friendly and it has the real feel of a local.

Reviewed 15 October 2017

Well what can i say? We love this place! Have been going now for nearly 16 years... views are amazing, Martyn & Les and their team are fab! The seafood is delicious... but the view is truly stunning... to sit outside on their deck with a cold glass of Viogner.. what more could you ask for? Our girls ( 2 dalmatians ) love it too! Very dog friendly... just a fab place! Can't wait to go back! Good job we don't live there as we would be living in the pub!