“Lovely location - small room”

Washingborough Hall Country House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Washingborough
Wolverhampton
“Lovely location - small room”
Reviewed 14 April 2009

This is a lovely hotel in a wonderful location. The ground floor facilities - lounges and dining rooms - are very spacious and luxurious. Our bedroom, however, was very small and the bathroom was not only the smallest we have ever encountered but was also very tired and in need of refurbishment. We booked over the internet and if booking again, would deal direct with the hotel in order to ensure a larger room. The staff were extremely pleasant and friendly.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Sandbach, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 April 2009

Last minute decision for a one night break walking around Lincolnshire. Got an excellent rate, beats all those "Inns" and "Lodges" hands down! My only complaint was that I didnt eat in the restaurant and after sampling the the breakfast, we should have! Lots of comfy sofa's and chairs around and a tiny bar that looked like one could settle down all night with a glass or two. Standard room was a bit on the small side but absolutley fine otherwise. En-suite could do with a lick of paint but now I'm being picky! Definately one I would return to when in the area and then I'll eat in!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
Worthing
Reviewed 19 March 2009

A really sweet privately owned Hotel just outside of Lincoln.
Very friendly staff, deeply cute bedroom! As a lone traveller I had a single room up in what I guess would have once been the servants quarters. Really sweet room, very small but did me perfectly well.

No remote for TV which was a pain when you were in bed all wrapped up and warm.

I dont think they do room service, but I was a late arrival and so rang en route and asked if they could do me a sandwich in my room when I arrived, and they had no problem with that

I do just think it was overpriced. I feel mean saying that because it was very sweet... but overpriced.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
lincolnshire
Reviewed 16 February 2009

Second visit to this hidden gem on the out skirts of Lincoln. Wonderful food and good service served in very comfortable surroundings.
The 4 poster room like the rest of the hotel is clean, spacious and full of charm and character. If youre looking for a relaxing break around the Lincoln area, i would not hesitate to recommend Washingborough Hall. Peaceful location, great food, service and accommodation. What more could you ask for

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
barnsley
Reviewed 26 January 2009

We had a lovely time at the Washingborough. It's tucked away in a quiet area of Lincoln, and is easy enough to find. We were warmly welcomed by everyone (!), from the owners to the cleaners, which was a really pleasant surpise. Our room had a high ceiling that made it feel comfortable and spacious. The bathroom had a spa bath, which was fun, and the everything was clean.

Such is the nature of the place that I got talking to the owner who told me it was run by a couple who had just taken over the place and it was under new management. Everybody seemed really happy to help and look after us. We had a great time and I'm sure it will continue to go from strength to strength. Recommended!

• Liked — The Staff
  • Disliked — Some the building needs a bit of work.
  • Stayed January 2009
Scotland
Reviewed 23 January 2009

Two good friends and I stayed at Washingborough Hall, just outside Lincoln, for a two-night break in the new year (Fri 3rd and Sat 4th Jan). We were immediately welcomed by the enthusiastic staff and felt looked after throughout our stay. Our rooms were well-appointed, quietly stylish and comfortable. A generous breakfast was cooked to order with high quality ingredients and the unfussy dinner menu (we chose it initially for its 2 dining rosettes) was very tasty and well-cooked with good quality, fresh ingredients. The public rooms like the Wedgwood dining room and drawing room were elegant but comfy and a lovely log fire kept out the cold when we sat on sofas and ate smoked salmon butties on arrival. A genuine 'find' which, we were told, is recently under new ownership and aiming to up its profile. Next to historic Lincoln with its majestic gothic catherdral and boutique shops, you couldn't ask for much more. We paid about £220 each DB&B, 1 single and 1 twin with various eating and drinking additions. The only criticisms we could come up with between us were: they should get a proper coffee machine and the soap dispenser in the ladies tries to water-pistol your blouse. We'll certainly go back.

• Liked — Food, staff, public rooms & bedrooms
  • Disliked — coffee
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled with friends
Northampton, England
Reviewed 22 December 2008

The hotel is set in a very quiet area with nice grounds. I stayed there on business and had a very small single room. The wardrobe could only take two shirts. The eves of the roof cut into the room and was made worse by the pigeons living in it! The staff knew they were there and were not concerned but they were four or five feet away from my head scratching about when I was laying in bed.

Breakfast is good. Dinner is very overpriced, I paid £25 for two courses and expected much higher quality food.

On the plus side it was a cosy place to have a beer in the evening in front of the open fire. Staff are friendly. This hotel could be much more.

• Liked — friedliness
  • Disliked — pigeons in roof, tiny room
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Washingborough
DoubleTree by Hilton Lincoln
#1 of 1 in Branston
The Tower Hotel
The Tower Hotel
#3 of 14 in Lincoln

Been to Washingborough Hall Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!