“Hotel suited our needs” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in North Hykeham
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Hotel suited our needs”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

Stayed here for two nights, the room we were given was actually a connecting room and on the first night we were kept awake by the other rooms occupants snoring and then when finally fell asleep woken up by their alarm at 7.15am, went to reception and they did move us which was great, the rooms are quite tired and the bathrooms could do with updating as they still have shower curtains which meant that the shower leaked over the bath, there was quite a bit of mould around the bath and shower area which could certainly do with a good clean and redoing, the staff were very helpful though and couldn't fault them, we didn't pay full price for our two nights and would certainly not pay full price for the hotel. The hotel is outside Lincoln but we got taxi's both ways and very reasonably priced and the drivers were very helpful too. we had breakfast both mornings the first morning was certainly better cooked than the second but felt good value for money.

Room Tip: Room 19 is the connecting room we first had and asked to be moved from.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

We stayed here for two nights and occupied two rooms. A third bed was provided in each room.
Check in was quick and easy; receptionist was friendly and efficient. The rooms were clean and spacious. The television was fine. Wifi is free and worked well enough for us as we were on holiday.
The hair dryer in our room didn't work, but was quickly replaced. Although close to the road, no traffic could be heard. The rooms don't come with toiletries or a minibar, but they do have tea/coffee making facilities.
If you want a reasonably priced , clean, comfortable room - go here.

• Stayed October 2013
Wakefield, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

I stayed in the Hotel as I was attending an event with a lot of my friends in the function room. Frankly, I was pretty disappointed with the hotel in more ways than one. The room looked tired, not overly clean and we were gobsmacked to find a hole in the bath which had been temporarily repaired with bodge tape. We had an adjoining door to the room next door, obviously locked, but we could hear word for word the conversation our neighbours were having. The following morning the breakfast was fairly disgusting - instant coffee then after telling the only member of staff that no the breakfasts he kept offering us were not ours as he hadn't taken our order, he did take our order returning moments later with a less than hot breakfast consisting one under-cooked sausage, one under-cooked egg, a flaccid piece of bacon, one tinned tomato some beans and a few mushrooms. No fried slice or hash browns. The most unforgivable thing though was that they had neglected to reserve a room for my friend even though she had given them her card details months before. She ended up taking a room in the Ibis and having a really good nights sleep for more than £10 cheaper than the Pride!! The stay was finished off by my friend feeling pressurised by the cleaners to get out of our room one hour earlier than the latest checkout. She had to hurriedly pack my belongings away and into her car so I didn't even get a chance to clean my teeth. So, you have the Pride of Lincoln or the Ibis over the car park where accommodation is cheaper and includes breakfast. Guess where I will stay if I attend a function there again?? The only redeeming thing of this establishment was the extremely nice and very friendly receptionist who did assure me a makeover and a new manager was imminent. Sorry, I don't think I will bother somehow!

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Sylvia646
GoodNightInns, Guest Relations Manager at The Pride of Lincoln, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Dear Sylvia646, thank you for your recent feedback on Trip Advisor. Your feedback was a concern to hear and I would like to investigate your visit further with the Management Team of the pub. I have sent you a direct message to discuss this further and look forward to hearing from you soon. Kind Regards, Fayre & Square

Travellers are raving about these North Hykeham hotels

Lincoln UK
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a reunion. Shared with a friend. Although a nice building and tastefully decorated for 1990 there are just too many things that are below standards to make your stay unpleasant. The sink wouldn't empty, the shower was leaking and difficult to use because of limescale, the plug socket by the bed was bodge taped onto the bedstyead which left live wires bare (see photo) and the bed was old. I didnt dare look at the matress or I wouldnt have slept. No breakfast - that's an additional £7.50 per head that and the staff were overworked, couldnt cope with the amount staying so breakfast was late, toaster broken and always running out of coffee/bread and condiments due to the demand. Wouldnt stay again

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Donna G, thank you for your recent feedback on Trip Advisor. Your feedback was a concern to hear and I would like to look into your comments further with the Management Team of the pub. I have sent you a direct message to discuss this further and look forward to hearing from you soon. Kind Regards, Fayre & Square
newcastle upon tyne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

we were travelling back to Newcastle after our holiday in Norfolk and decided to visit Lincoln so we booked for 3 nights. we enjoyed our stay in the hotel much better than a Travelodge. The staff were friendly and helpful and our room was clean and comfortable. The pub was very busy so we did have a bit of a wait for food but it was worth the wait. We will be going back to Lincoln next year and we will stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
GoodNightInns, Guest Relations Manager at The Pride of Lincoln, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Dear gail m, thank you for your feedback. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the team made you feel well looked after. Your comments have been duly noted and will be passed to the Hotel Management Team. Regards, Fayre & Square
United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

Arrived at 9.30pm to find check-in unattended and a buzzer to ring for assistance. Gave up pressing it and went to the bar to find someone to help me. Got my key OK and returned to the bar for a drink, only to find all 4 ales were off and had to settle for a cider rather than the designer lagers. Then as my son and I looked around to see where to sit, a waitress pointed to a table and told us to sit there, while she put 'reserved' signs on all the others as she cleaned them off. My son said sorry to me as he had recommended the place, but I told him it was OK, perhaps we arrived on a bad day. But running out of beer on a Thursday?!
The room was OK, clean and comfortable. Breakfast was OK with full English etc, but alas when it came to check out, once again no one there and pressing the buzzer button was again ignored, so I left the key and departed as my son was waiting for me outside.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Hednesford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

we only stayed the one night whilst visiting the motorhome show. Ideal location for visiting the county showground and Lincoln itself. Comfortable rooms, good breakfast , made the mistake of not booking a table for our evening meal when we first got there as when we later went to the restaurant to eat it was fully booked, thus showing that it must be very popular and good. We then went into Lincoln and had a fantastic meal at the Royal Tandoori in Lincoln high street, 10 mins drive away, which we can also highly recommend!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank keithfaulkner
GoodNightInns, Guest Relations Manager at The Pride of Lincoln, responded to this review, 27 September 2013
Dear keithfaulkner,

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to read how you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again in the future.

Regards
Holiday Inn Lincoln
#9 of 14 in Lincoln
DoubleTree by Hilton Lincoln
Holiday Inn Express Lincoln City Centre

Been to The Pride of Lincoln? Share your experiences!