“One of the worst nights sleep”

The Pride of Lincoln
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in North Hykeham
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I would have titled this the worst nights sleep, but once I slept on a fold out chair in a hospital.
The bed has to be the lumpiest, most uncomfortable bed I've ever slept on. The bath still had bubbles and hair in it from the last resident and there was only one cup available for a morning drink. On the plus sides the room was clean and relatively quiet considering we were facing the car park and the receptionist was very friendly at check in. You also get free wifi via the cloud. Ultimately I wouldn't stay here again, not at £60 a night anyway.

Room Tip: Room 8 has a lumpy bed. Apparently the bed in room 12 is good according to those we were travelling...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Pride of Lincoln

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 1 night and could not wish for a warmer welcome from the receptionist on duty, I did not get her name but she also does housekeeping .She told us everything we needed to know and more without being asked and when I came down layer to sort out some ice for the room she directed me to the pub and the young man in there was extremely lively and took my room number and brought the ice to me which was excellent service. We went to the restaurant later and had gorgeous food. What more could we ask for ( a goodnight sleep) and this is what we got beds were so comfy we did not want to get out.
Well done for a budget hotel keep up the good work

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at The Pride of Lincoln, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear A Dawn A

Thank you for providing us with your review.

I can confirm that I have passed on your kind comments to the management team and to the Area Manager of the Pride Of Lioncoln who would like to thank you for your positive feedback.

Guest Services

Reviewed 5 August 2014

After travelling back from Isle of Wight late Friday evening we decided to call in for a meal around 9pm. We were greeted by a very friendly blonde young woman I think her name was Nicole. We ordered ourfood with no issues, the young lady couldn't of been more helpful if she tried.there was 6 people in my group we all ordered something different, I had a rare steak and I must say it was the best steak I've had in years it was cooked to perfection and piping hot.the place was packed but we didn't wait long.we ordered desserts and again we didn't have to wait long, the young lady was chatty and friendly and showed an interest in our trip.all I can say is she and yr other staff are a credit to the company we will definitely be returning. 5 stars to everyone and especially the chef that cooked my steak.thank you once again for a wonderful experience.Mr C Goulden (cgoulden1@sky.com)

• Stayed: August 2014
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at The Pride of Lincoln, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Craig G

Thank you for providing us with your review.

I can confirm that I have passed on your kind comments to the management team and to the Area Manager of the Pride Of Lincoln who would like to thank you for your positive feedback.

Guest Service

Reviewed 27 July 2014

I held my evening wedding reception at the pride and was very pleased. The staff are lovely. Food was brilliant! The room was included in with the price so having breakfast the next morning was made special with other guests that stayed there too.

1  Thank helen2169
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at The Pride of Lincoln, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear helen2169

Thank you for providing us with your review.

I can confirm that I have passed on your kind comments to the management team and to the Area Manager of the Pride of Lincoln who would like to thank you for your positive feedback.

Good Night Inns

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights from 10-13 July visiting family close by. Plenty of free parking and free wi-fi. Tea and coffee facilities in the room.

There was a wedding party here on the Saturday and we were offered the option to cancel the event night without charge until 12 on the day of the event. Need not of worried as the wedding event was lovely - the party was under our room but we had no inconvenience at all.

There is a Fayre and Square restaurant on site good food and excellent value the hotel is very clean and has a good atmosphere.

Would not hesitate to recommend this hotel and will look forward to staying here again. Really enjoyed our stay here the staff were friendly and accommodating.

Have stayed with Good Night Inns previously and would highly recommend, they look after their customers.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Just 3 weeks ago my husband and I got married here, it really was a truly magical day! The staff were amazing and Clair who organised everything couldn't of done anymore for us! She was amazing! The food was fantastic everyone commented on how the rib of beef was the best they'd ever had... The room was beautiful just everything ran like a dream! Good quality wine and and also amazing finger buffet at the reception! Disco had lots of choice of music. If you want a stress free amazing wedding day then I defiantly recommend the pride of Lincoln it really couldn't of been more perfect! Xx

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Stayed at The Pride of Lincoln for one night only.
Our room was clean tidy and had comfortable bed. Had tea and coffee making facilities and a hair dryer and an iron in the room. Only 3 coat hangers was the only criticism. Our room faced the carpark and was very quiet.
Bathroom very clean with a good shower, not too much in the way of toiletries were supplied.
Situated just off the ring road about 10 minutes’ drive from the City centre.
We had our evening meal in The Pride of Lincoln pub which adjoins the hotel. Good value of good size portions, good value but I don’t think it will be getting a Michelin star any time soon.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking car park probably better, might hear road noise from the ring road.
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Hykeham
Holiday Inn Express Lincoln City Centre
The White Hart
The White Hart
#10 of 14 in Lincoln

Been to The Pride of Lincoln? Share your experiences!