“Strange arrangement with the 'outside bedroom'”
Review of Eagles Guest House

Eagles Guest House
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
“Strange arrangement with the 'outside bedroom'”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I felt the bedroom in the garage conversion was odd as it could only be accessed from outside and as a lone traveller l did not feel very safe.
Breakfast was very nice, cooked freshly at the time ordered.
The proprietor is an odd character.....

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank IloveBunny

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Essen, Germany
Reviewed 19 August 2013

After a long search for a free B&B around Lincoln we finally got to the Eagles Guest House and thought at once that this was definitely a lucky chance.
The Eagles is a beautiful place to stay and the owners are very friendly and helpful.
Our room and the en suite bathroom we had were tastefully furnished and very comfortable and high-standard. The breakfast was delicious and very rich.
North Hykeham is a good place to go into Lincoln city centre or elsewhere around Lincoln. There's a pub in walking distance which is quite good.
Next time we are in the area we will stay "chez Heather and Erick" again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dudley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Plusses and minuses here but overall I recommend you give it a try.

Very clean and comfortable single room with an excellent shower room. I arrived at 2.15 after a long journey. I offered to come back later if I was too early. After a a bit of huffing and puffing Erick kindly allowed me to stay (although I didn't dare mention the lack of milk!!)

Erick takes a bit of getting used to but do give him a chance. He's a nice guy.

Breakfast is superb and so rare to get a really hot freshly cooked one. Fresh milk I purchased was safely stowed in a cool bag for me - very much appreciated.

As I was on holiday I did find the weekday 9.30 check out a little early.

Heather is a most gracious hostess.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front are affected by traffic noise if you like to keep the window open.
1 Thank na0mi2011
Stevenage, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Well, just had our second stay at Eagles guest house and we weren't disappointed! As our first visit Heather and Erick were extremely hospitable, made us very welcome, rooms very clean, breakfast fantastic, especially mine as it was gluten and dairy free!! We stayed for 2 nights, beds were made, teas and coffees topped up without asking, bins emptied etc.
All we can say is if you need a stay in North Hykeham/Lincoln try Eagles guest house. It will be our regular port of call.
Well done Erick an Heather!

1 Thank Julie F
nottingham england
Reviewed 5 August 2013

stayed overnight for my brothers wedding
rooms excellent ,clean ,good showers
breakfast excellent
but the breakfast was at 9.00am we had to leave our room by 10.00am leaving for wedding at 11.30 we were allowed the smallest of our rooms to complete getting ready
bear in mind we had taken the whole hotel.
check in is 3pm onwards but by 10.00am the cleaners were in and we were out on the landing.
sorry to say we found "mine host" brisk un bending on timings younger guests were in melt down over getting ready.
my brother had been in person to explain what we needed so a little disappointed
although Erick and heather have top class accommodation and a beautiful home we found the
whole experience a little stressful
but don't be put off! just leave by 10.00am.

2 Thank elaine058
eaglesguesthouse, Owner at Eagles Guest House, responded to this review, 7 August 2013
Firstly, I would like to thank you for your compliments on the quality of the rooms, showers and breakfast.
I am a bit disappointed, though, with the rest of your comments, especially as this is the first time we have been made aware that you were not completely happy with your stay. We would have preferred an opportunity at the time to try to rectify the situation.
I think I need to explain that we are a small Guest House (NOT a hotel) with 5 rooms and we only employ ONE part time chambermaid, who helps us maintain our high standards. We do allow one hour to completely service a room ready for the next guests and that is why she was there at 10am , in order to have all rooms ready for 3pm check-in.
The 10 am check-out is clearly stated on our website, in the guest information folders in the rooms and was told to your brother when he originally booked the rooms.
I remember that when you arrived you asked for two things - that you could leave all your luggage in our safekeeping until after the wedding and that you would like to check-out at 11.30 am. The first request was easy, and we were happy to keep your luggage and wait for you to come back 8 hours later to collect it all but the second request was harder due to the fact that you were occupying all the rooms that all needed to be made ready for the next guests.
I really thought that by offering your party free use of the single ensuite bedroom until 11.30 am and free use of the dining room to sit in until 11.30 am had been an acceptable solution and you never intimated differently. To hear, now, that some of the party were stressed comes as a complete surprise and I find it very difficult to understand how we could be responsible for this.
I do hope now you can understand that we do try to give our guests a happy experience and it seems that most of the time we do. I am really sorry that you expected more.
Heather Liley, Proprietor
Solihull, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We were stopping in the area for a friends wedding and wanted something near to where the reception was.
Our room was very comfortable, very clean and generally a nice place, the bed was firm but comfortable.
The breakfast was very tasty and there is plenty of choice with the option of a fruit salad with yoghurt or honey, cereals or 3 types of cooked breakfast; English, French or fish.
We would definitely go there again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2013

My single room of 4* hotel standard, clean, spacious with modern bathroom, high quality shower and tea making facilities. Heather & Erik made me very welcome and went the extra mile looking after me. They kindly made breakfast for me early Saturday morning to accommodate my schedule of as I needed to be up early Saturday morning. The full English breakfast was very good and set me up for the day. If I were ever in the Lincoln area again we will certainly be giving Heather and Erick a call.

Room Tip: Rear rooms minimise the road noise.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Washingborough Hall Country House Hotel
The Rest
The Rest
#2 of 48 in Lincoln

Been to Eagles Guest House? Share your experiences!