Eagles Guest House
Reviewed 1 May 2014

This was our first stay at the Eagles Guest House. Our room was spotless, well equiped to cater for every need, extremely comfortable bed too. Breakfast was superb, we would certainly not hesitate to recommend the Eagles to friends and family, we will definitely be returning. Thank you Erick and Heather.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 30 April 2014

I stayed here on the night of 27/04/2014 because I had a business training the following day.

It was very apparent that this room was one designed for a good nights rest, and that no expense had been spared to make it comfortable. What I really liked was the amazing shower with water softener and huge dispenser with the various soaps.

After a hearty breakfast I was good and ready for the day ahead. All this at a really reasonable rate.
You will not find better than this if you are in the Lincoln area.

Room Tip: For a single person stay like mine, ask for room 3 if it is available, it is first rate.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Heather and Eric run an excellent B and B in the area so much so that I would choose them over what maybe considered larger and better equipped "chain" type organisations.
Apart from the constant high quality of the room and general cleanliness. Heather and Eric make us guests very welcome but are not over bearing as can sometimes be the case in smaller hotels.
It is good to see that they have a good environmental attitude and actually turn this into good practice.
Very important to someone like me is the food and in the case of the Eagles it would be had to see how that could be improved for several reasons and they are:
The choice and variety covers a good range of dietary requirements
If you ask Eric to have it ready for a certain time you can be 100% certain it will be on time and freshly made.
The quality and flavours in the organic produce is the best I have had anywhere I have stayed.
Finally Heather (but not least) she looks after us guests very well and seems to have a 6th sense for our needs, it is nice to be asked how we are by someone who actually wants to know rather than being trained to say the words at a set time and to be brought fresh coffee without having to wait 20 minutes to be noticed,
Overall I would recommend the Eagles to anyone and will certainly return myself

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Ian C
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Just stayed at the Eagles Guest House for two nights and we were more than pleased with our choice. Heather and Erik were lovely and made us welcome. The room was spotless very comfortable bed, very impressed with the bio d shower creams. Breakfast was delicious and would not hesitate to stay there again. Thank you Heather and Erik. Roy and Anne James West Wycombe Buckinghamshire.

Room Tip: All good take your pick
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 March 2014

lovely room,very comfortable, amazing breakfast, nothing too much trouble, heather and erik are really nice people and nothing is too much trouble. we would not stay anywhere else in Lincoln.heartily recommended

Room Tip: all rooms are equally good
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank linda w
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Great visit first time round, wanted to re-book weeks later only to find different attitude!Given different price still decided to book but was asked succession of questions which felt like an interrogation. Had said stayed before only to be told not on their records and must have been a different place even though I was able to verify certain details.Told to look at website and did I, or did I not, want to book! Overall attitude of 'Eric' was very poor attitude to service and begs the question is he in the right job, I suspect not, as many rooms available like last time so someone needs to have a refresher on people skills!!!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank krystyna_rose59
lewooz, Owner at Eagles Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2014

I'm very sorry to hear you were unhappy with our booking procedure. I did ring you back to apologise for any misunderstanding but it seems you were adamant. Eric was asking you for your credit card details which is our normal procedure but it seems you did not wish to give them as you also declined to give them to me.He was right to say we didn't have them on record as your previous booking was last minute and you in fact turned up 5 minutes after phoning and so paid in full, rather than on departure.
As far as our pricing structure, you would have seen, quite clearly, if you had looked at our website that there is a price for rooms for two people and a price for single occupancy. Hence why it was £10 more as this time you were booking for two people and you were alone on your previous visit.
It is the law that we charge advertised prices.
And, for information, I would like to mention that we are certified by Trustwave for our processing of credit card payments as totally secure.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

Selected because of it location. Had 2 lovely nights. Lovely room, comfy bed so slept well. Very friendly great welcome. We couldnt fault the breakfast. Would definitely go there again. Got the impression that nothing was too much trouble. Eco friendly too. My kind of B&B small, friendly and hospitable.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
#1 of 1 in Grange de Lings
Newport Guest House
Newport Guest House
#6 of 51 in Lincoln

Been to Eagles Guest House? Share your experiences!