“Clean, Comfortable & Convenient”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Ibis Lincoln

Ibis Lincoln
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in North Hykeham
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Clean, Comfortable & Convenient”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

Stayed one night, meeting friends there before antiques fair at Lincoln. For a budget hotel I thought it was pretty good, clean, spacious, the bed was very comfortable, shower had plenty of room. I thought serving breakfast at 6.30am a brilliant idea, however when I asked the night before if I could just have a bacon sandwich instead of the buffer breakfast I was told, No! So I didn't bother, shame really.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Vincent O, General Manager at Ibis Lincoln, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Thanks for your review. I am glad you had a good stay with us. See you on your next trip hopefully! Kind regards Vincent OLIVIER General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Margate, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

My husband and I searched long and hard for a Hotel that would let us take our little chihuahua, very few, but we came up with the Ibis and what a treat, upon arrival staff were all very helpful and friendly. Our room was a reasonable size, plenty of room to erect Martha's crate (that's the dog) and get her settled, plenty of tea and coffee in the room as well which was very much needed after our 7 hour drive!
The beds were extremely comfortable, bathroom had a very large walk in shower, (shower gel provided).
At breakfast time I was very pleased that they allowed us to take Martha into the dining area with us, if they hadn't one of us would have had to stay with her in our room as she doesn't like being left in a strange place on her own, must admit she did even share a rasher of bacon with me!
All in all a very pleasant 3 night stay, (shame about the weather!) will definitely stay there again next time we visit our daughter in Lincoln.

Room Tip: can't really help with this one, we were happy with where we were on 1st floor, didn't have...
Green Features: Can't say much about this, but they do ask if guests would be happy to use their towels more than once, which is of course not a problem, if you don't wish to, they are happy to provide fresh ones each day.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon. Kind regards, Vincent OLIVIER, General Manager
Ipswich
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

We stayed here as we were visiting the local antiques fair at the Lincoln Showground, as it was our first stay here we were quite impressed. Our room was modern (in a nice way), clean, comfortable beds (as well as the sofa bed which I had), shower cubicle instead of a bath - very handy as my dad has joint problems, and tea/coffee making facilities - very good! Slight negative is lack of chairs/seats in room as dad likes his chair in the eve and we had to share one between us. Breakfast was excellent, buffet hot food counter with good choice with continental choices as well. Good location in quiet part of industrial estate with 2 restaurants within walking distance nearby (one is absolutely fab). When we booked we were quoted over £100 per night which was a bit steep but we went ahead anyway, but actually it was far less then we expected which was a bonus! Despite seeing mixed reviews of this hotel we found it much better than the Travelodge and we will be staying here again soon - hopefully.

Room Tip: We found the second floor quiet with good views of the surrounding area.
Green Features: It is good that more and more hotels are adopting more eco-friendly practices, especially replacing trees lost due to deforestation or storms etc.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit. I look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Kind regards, Vincent OLIVIER, General Manager
Smeeth, Ashford
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

I was travelling with my daughter and a friend and wanted to break our journey to the north.....I knew by the price of the rooms that we weren't going to get 5* but.....
I had booked a disabled twin bedded room for myself and daughter and our friend had a double room to herself......£90 for the three of us for the night.
We booked in and went to our rooms.......clean and basic.......I am not in a wheelchair but there was no way a wheelchair could manouvre in that room without difficulty. We tried to access the free Wi-fi with great difficulty and in the end went out to reception where a very nice young man (Polish?) helped us all to sign on but to no avail....none of us could get a signal....so much for the free WiFi. We dropped off our bags and went across the way to Frankie & Bennys for dinner and on our return decided to have a drink in the bar. There is very little choice and so we asked if they made liquer coffees and the lady said yes they did so we sat and waited with anticipation. What arrived was 3 black coffees with a shot of liquer in each and that was it.....at almost £6 each I thought it was just robbery. When we questioned why they were served like that we were told that they didnt have the cream to make the coffees and they didnt really know how to make them......so why not just tell us all of that to begin with. Mine was totally undrinkable and the money for mine was refunded.....I have never been charged that much for a liquer coffee before and for it not even to be a proper one just added insult to injury.
We went to our rooms and then discovered that the walls were paper thin and we could hear everything in the next room......the man had some sort of respiratory problem and coughed, spluttered, and made all sorts of other awful noises all night so we got very little (if any) sleep.
The bathroom was a wet room and all I can say is that its a good job we never left anything lying on the floor as there must of been a drainage problem and the whole of the bathroom floor was about 1 inch flooded with water that didnt drain away. If you had to do anything in the bathroom after showering you were just wading in water.
Would I stay there again.......well would you? I wasnt expecting The Ritz but really wasnt expecting all of this as well.....

Room Tip: Have no idea although our friend said that she slept quite well in her room.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Vincent O, General Manager at Ibis Lincoln, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Thank you for your comments, we can assure you that the matter is being looked into and will be dealt with accordingly. Kind regards, Vincent OLIVIER, General Manager

Travellers are raving about these North Hykeham hotels

Wimborne Minster, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

Rooms ok for price, aircon not effective so hot.
Staff could not have been more helpful and were a happy bunch
Breakfast really good and varied choice
Worst thing was car parking 200 meters from hotel not good in rain
Very little space to drop off luggage

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ibis Hotels

Thanks for your review. I am glad you had a good stay with us. See you on your next trip hopefully! Kind regards, Vincent OLIVIER, General Manager
High Point, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

We have stayed here years ago and the beds are still very comfortable. It is a lower priced hotel for the area but is clean and tidy. There is a bar in the lobby and you can order food also. It is in walking distance to a few decent restaurants which is convenient as well.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
#9 of 14 in Lincoln
The Pride of Lincoln
The Pride of Lincoln
#2 of 2 in North Hykeham

Been to Ibis Lincoln? Share your experiences!