“Spa Day fit for a Queen”

Auberge La Montagne Coupee
Calgary, Canada
“Spa Day fit for a Queen”
Reviewed 5 August 2013 via mobile

My sister lives nearby so we booked a spa day and I must say it was excellent. The staff are first class and the prices are well under what I would normally pay for this type of spa. We had the sea weed wrap, baths and massage. This little gem of an Inn is great for a girls weekend and romantic get away with hubby. He can fish at a near by lake and you can enjoy a fab treatment at a beautiful spa.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank happy_mexico

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 21 July 2013

I'm still here, on my second night, getting ready for my second four-course gastronomorgy. I purchased a package for this inn that has turned out to be such great value, I'm gonna do it again, only this time I'll come in the fall. As a summer retreat, the mountain hike is accessible to those of us who don't run marathons, but I think the fall would provide better views and cooler weather. Plus, the one thing missing from this resort is a lake to dive into. There is an indoor saltwater pool but in the summer at a mountain retreat I want a lake. Another minus: no fridge in the room.

Having said that, the package was so reasonably priced I got all the extras so my time is taken up with some very pleasant stress-busting services and activities. And the food...you couldn't find a better menu anywhere else, I'm sure.

A special note: Monique is a very talented masseuse. She'll find your stress points and rid you of them!

Room Tip: I have a lower floor room (107) and hear the waiters walking in the restaurant above me. On the plus...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank NBOntario
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Stayed in a double room with 2 friends for our graduation. The room was ok, the beds were comfy, but there wasn't a mini fridge. We had to rent one at the desk and have it delivered during our ceremony. Since it had been unplugged before being delivered to our room, it never got cold enough during our stay.

The reception room was great, the dinner was delicious and the staff was nice. The best part of our stay was the deck with the amazing view of the mountains. It made for excellent graduation pictures. The recreation room was great, we kept the party going there all night.

It's a great place to hold an event, but I wasn't blown away by the hotel rooms at all. At the price we were paying, I was expecting more.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
St.Bruno de Montarville
Reviewed 19 February 2013

We have been at the auberge 3 times so we knew what to expect as far as food was concerned. This time what a disappointment, except for the soups..........
The portions were very big but as we say TOO MUCH IS LIKE NOT ENOUGH!! The new chef, Mr. Mallette, has to step up to the plate because people who enjoy really good food will go away. We love the Auberge, the rooms are very comfortable and quiet. We are willing to try one more time since we already have mentioned to the management our complaints.
We are so sorry that the previous chef left.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank gaetaneengler
Montagnecoupee, Propriétaire at Auberge La Montagne Coupee, responded to this review, 21 February 2013
Dear sir,
Further to your comments I am sorry to find that your gastronomy experience was not up to your expectations. Our chef has joined the Auberge last December and so far the comments have been really positive . This cuisine is different and using new trends in the preparation. We hope to have the pleasure of your visit in a near futur
Marie Préfontaine
co-owner
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 3 October 2012

This is a very friendly place set in the woods - quiet and peaceful for full relaxation. I had an excellent massage in their spa - but didn't get a chance to enjoy their salt water indoor pool, though I wish I had the time. The spa itself is not deluxe but certainly has pleasant enough, if not fancy, treatment rooms. There are pathways around the property for walking and in winter 65 km of cross country ski trails nearby. Down the road is the Abbaye Val-Notre-Dame where the monks make and sell delicious chocolates, caramel sauce and other treats. The dining room has a good wine list with good prices. Food is ambitious and some dishes are really good though not all. The home made Quebec specialties such as creton (like a pork based pate) are delicious. Service is top notch. Views down the mountain side are lovely.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Margaret S
ottawa ontario
Reviewed 9 August 2012

The deluxe room was enormous with a jacuzzi double bath as well as a seperate shower area. The dining room was cared by an excellent chef and the meals were delicious. the pool area looks over the mountainside, great views.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Montreal
Reviewed 9 July 2012

This was our 10th stay at this resort and we will be back for more. Amazing rooms, amazing location, GREAT Food. If you're looking for a nice place to stay to get away from it all, this is it. For those of you who dont speak French, Montagne Coupee means Cut Mountain. The hotel is situated right on the edge of a cliff so the view is incredible. Special Thanks to Martin the Best Waiter in the business.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PatandEnza
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint-Jean-de-Matha
Chateau Joliette
Auberge Aux Quatre Matins
Auberge Aux Quatre Matins
#1 of 1 in Saint-Come
Centre de Villegiature et de Congres Lanaudiere
Centre de Villegiature et de Con...
#1 of 2 in Saint-Jean-de-Matha
Motel La Porte de la Matawinie
Motel La Porte de la Matawinie
#2 of 2 in Saint-Jean-de-Matha
Gite le Passerin Indigo
Gite le Passerin Indigo
#1 of 2 in Joliette

Been to Auberge La Montagne Coupee? Share your experiences!