“Nice hote,friendly staff and reasonable price”
Review of The Royal Nakara

The Royal Nakara
Ranked #42 of 108 Hotels in Ao Nang
Klang, Selangor, Malaysia
“Nice hote,friendly staff and reasonable price”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. Rooms facilities ok,big room space,water quality ok, water heater work well, room is clean.
Location a bit far from main road, so if you were travel with kids, maybe you need to reconsider.
For my case, rent a motorbike to solve this problem. Swimming pool even small but we enjoyed it. Not a big issue.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Stayed here several times and looking at price compared to quality this hotel is simply one of the best offers in Ao Nang. The rooms are well equipped, the beds are comforatble, I had a great seaview and the room was very clean at all times. Location is good and during my stay it was quiet at night, providing a good night's rest.
Will definitely return.

Room Tip: The rooms at the top floors offer the best view. Haven't tried the other rooms.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Larzz
Chengdu, China
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We stayed here at Royal Nakara for 4 nights in August, 2013. It is the rain season, but it won't rain for too long. There are not so many tourists staying at the hotel so we get free upgrade to the sea view room. The lady and all the other staff have been so helpful and they would do anything to help you. The room is very spacious, super clean and well equipped. The cleaning lady also does a very good job. We didn't have buffet breakfast because of the low season. But what we ordered from the menu is just more than enough. Fruits, milk, coffee, omlette, fried eggs, toasts and etc. The location of the hotel is also good. It is quite close to the beach, about 10 minutes walk to Ao nang beach and the main street. I would definitely go back here for our second trip!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Gary0303
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed 3 July 2013

The hotel is located at a maximum 10 minute walk from the city centre / beach. It's quiet, the rooms are very spacious, air conditioning is included. There is also a balcony with 2 chairs and a table. The entire hotel is very clean.

The breakfast is buffet and ranges from omelette, bacon, salami to cereals, fruits and juice. Although is not as diverse as in a big hotel, we never felt bored with the food in over 8 days.

The entire staff is very helpful even if some of them don't speak English very well. They accept credit cards, they can recommend you and book trips.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
BSB
Reviewed 16 June 2013

Spacious room,balcony and bathroom.i m still suprised with facilities in the room.the hotel thought of everything..I read one of the review for this hotel was mosquitoes..I found one of those electric insect repellent device which you could use in the room.i did.they even had a flashlight,not sure for blackout purpose or for me to use on the way back to the royal nakara at night..but points for the thought though.I used the pool too,I don't mind the size but I did couple of laps as exercise.breakfast it was good even though no buffet.BUT the server did ask if I need more or anything else just let them know.the cleaning service was also very fast.i thought they going to clean after i went off to the beach do put out the service sign outside the doorknob and i went down to have my breakfast and went back up my room was already spotless clean,towels changes,bed made etc..thumbs up! Staff friendly and polite especially the guy(didnt get his name) and the lady very helpful too..i feel like home here at royal nakara.stayed for 2 nights.definitely will comebck in December.

• Stayed June 2013
Reviewed 5 June 2013 via mobile

as we just engaged,we decided to stay in this hotel to celebrate our special moment..it was a pleasant stay after all.thank you to Mam and the team for the sweet hospitality..we was upgrade to deluxe room though it'll be greater to have beach view,due to fully booked.the room was awesome,huge for just two of us but the thing i was that happy bout was the shower room.hot water turn to cold in less then 5minute and my shower room get 'floaded' each time im getting my shower.Have informed the frontdesk,but been told all the rooms will have the same issue due sharing and the fload will disappear in while.weird but managable.breakfast not so good as not much variety and not worth for the price (150baht).we never had the chance to go to the swimming pool due to maintance:-(.
overall new experiences and will consider hotels nearby the beach due to the hotel location quite isolated and far from the main road.

• Stayed June 2013
Toronto
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 3 days and it was the worst 3 days I ever stayed in a hotel. The hotel is located around 10 min walk to Ao Nang beach. When I arrived to the hotel at 10:30 am I was surprised that they front desk knew my name without telling them even, but later I knew that I was the only one to check in for that day and even in the hotel. Obviously check in process was super-fast!!! I was very disappointed when the receptionist told us that there will be no buffet breakfast, instead will be a al carte.

Room:
The room was located on the 2nd floor with no elevator service. The room was good in size but very old in decoration. Mosquitos were everywhere and we couldn’t sleep without killing them every night. The A/C was not performing well.
Location:
Was not the best, 10 min walk to the beach, and we were smelling the garbage every time we walk that way with was disappointing.

Breakfast:
Breakfast terrible the 1st day since there was no buffet. Even when they serves us the food no one asked us if we want more or anything. It was just a toast bread with fried egg and a sausage with a cup of orange juice. When they started with the buffet the day after, it was still a disaster.

I have no idea how this hotel is rated 4* on TA and they have a certificate posted on their wall for the year 2012!!!
Would I stay in this hotel again? Definitely not and I will recommend this hotel to anyone. For few more $$/day you could get a much better hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid it if possible!!!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple