“Disgusting service and average food”
Review of Blue Mango - CLOSED

Blue Mango
Price range: US$7 - US$13
Cuisines: Swedish, Thai, Scandinavian
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: On 3 December 2004, I opened my first restaurant Absolut Restaurant & Bar, serving mainly Swedish and Thai food. Two years later, we got the opportunity to move to a new - our current - location and I decided to change the name to Blue Mango and expand the menu a little. Whoever visited us at Absolut and liked it will for sure like Blue Mango. The menu and decor is similar but nicer and better.Blue Mango is a Swedish owned restaurant catering for families. The restaurant has around 35 seats outdoors and 70 inside and still has plenty of room to move around. Whether you are coming alone, as a big group or even to celebrate an occasion, you are all welcome. We can arrange a lot of different things, please just contact us with your requirements.Blue Mango is the only restaurant in Ao Nang with a special play area for children, where kids of all ages can play or relax in front of the TV and watch a DVD, while the parents finishing eating or having a cocktail.I hope you will all enjoy your time at Blue Mango.Sara and staff
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Came here for a solo dinner as parents went to krabi town.goodness.i walked up to the manager and pleasantly said 'table for one' only to be met with a look up and down before leading me to a table next to a crowded one.i declined and asked for a quiet one beside the window to which a few waitressess were busy tidying.with a mere "wait a few moments" he walked away and left me standing awkwardly.which was fine but the waitressess completely ignored my hovering.i had to go up and request for a table again.
Waited 10mins before finally a menu arrived after i signalled for it.this was in a half empty restaurant mind you.another 15mins before order was taken .
Food came relatively quick but tomato soup was ridiculously spicy.and this is me being asian.
Swedish meatballs were salty and ikea ones tasted better.
Overall better to either splurge on a local seafood meal or just buy packets of salt and chili powder from the grocery store to throw over your food.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Varied menu choices, with both Thai and western options. The vegetarian Pad Thai was excellent. Nice lasagne, but the topping was overcooked and it was quite salty. Good cocktails, however they were expensive.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

My girlfriend and I went here on the recommendation of friends and family. We weren't disappointed. Food is reasonably priced and very good quality. Whilst admittedly we indulged in goods which are difficult to get very wrong, being bruschetta and pizza, they are also plates which are usually merely average. In this case they were excellent. Cooked perfectly and very flavoursome. The desserts were also exceptional, both in terms of presentation and taste. I highly recommend the day and night mousse. The service was very good and the manager, a young Swedish man whose name we didn't catch, did what all restaurant managers should by interacting with the customers and taking feedback from the source. This place seems to be well established and the venue is clearly still very popular. There are several reasons why. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

We were looking for food around 10:30 which by ao nang standards is late...so few places would have us in. Blue mango located on the beachfront near kon tiki diving is a hard-to-miss swedish place which serves up some great salads. We sat outside which is the done thing in most aonang joints.Though pricey, it offers peaceful ambiance and would be idea for the one-off non-thai meal you'd wanna try while in the region.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

We had a good australian steak. The service was ok, and this restaurant is one of the better in the area. There are many tourists, and therefore the quality is generally low. This were ok.