“Lovely clean hotel in a great location”

Aonang President Hotel
Aonang President Hotel
Ranked #75 of 108 Hotels in Ao Nang
“Lovely clean hotel in a great location”
Reviewed 9 January 2013 via mobile

We recently stayed for 3 nights and thoroughly enjoyed the clean, bright modern room, complete with complementary bottles of water and satellite tv. Our room was cleaned daily with the towels and bedding changed.

The breakfast buffet was varied and well worth getting up for.

Although we stayed in a room on the 3rd floor at the back of the hotel loud live music from the reggae bar opposite the hotel can be heard very loudly and clearly in the rooms. The music normally finished around 12 midnight, however this is not the hotels fault and other hotels you stay in around this area will suffer with the same noise issue.
Overall the hotel is clean, modern and I would stay again.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Wrworld81

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 20 November 2012

We arrived into Ao Nang by long boat from Krabi which was a fun was to travel instead of the 30 minute car ride. We walked up the main street called Moo2 (many streets are called Moo.2.3.4 etc) these are more areas than streets. After comparing a couple of hotels, the President was clean, zircon and larger room than others. It had a good outlook over the main street. Located in a great position. Beds were king size, alittle hard but we got used to it. Paid about $38 Aust $1200 baht without breakfast. Tip: travel to A-One restaurant as the breakfast were great and plenty for about $10 or $300 baht for 2. We would stay here again although I think next time we might spend a little more and get a hotel with a pool area. Has 24 hour security on front desk.

Room Tip: Ask for a room over looking street.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Peter M
USA
Reviewed 29 October 2012 via mobile

Do you like rock and roll? I hope so, because if you stay here you'll be hearing plenty of it. Ao Nang's bars blast music into the streets to attract patrons and those harmonies collect into your room at the President Hotel with amazing clarity until past 3 a.m. I recommend this hotel to people who a) use loud music to fall asleep, b) wish they had more dreams involving Jimi Hendrix and Bob Marley, or c) are legally deaf. For people who enjoy sleeping in their hotel rooms, the President Hotel isn't a good fit.

Thanks G Adventures, for booking me two nights in this lovely hotel.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Jon V

Travellers are raving about these Ao Nang hotels

Reviewed 20 March 2012

We didn't stay at this hotel after a very rude receptionist.

We were polite and looked at one room, after asking if there were any cheaper rooms, she said yes yet refused to show us!

We were disgusted by her attitude and I would avoid this with the Baan Purr over the road providing a much nicer and cheaper alternative.

• Stayed March 2012
Ko Samui, Thailand
Reviewed 23 January 2012

I stayed in this hotel a few days ago after walking in off the street. I was initially quoted 1400 Baht for an A/C room which I agreed to look at but said was a little expensive. After looking at the room we agreed a price of 1250 so I dropped my main bag in the room and went downstairs to pay. Once downstairs the price jumped to 1350 and the lady on reception was very rude angry and accused me of lying when I said 1250 (charming). If I had brought my bag down I would have left but decided that I couldn't be bothered to argue over 100 Baht as life's too short. The room was reasonable (no where near as good as Baan Taveesri up the road where I stayed the week before) but had loads of mosquitos, bit of mould, leaking noisy A/C unit but that wasn't the end of the world. At night all I could hear was a nightclub and I was at the back of the hotel away from the main road. Overall not a good place to stay unless you don't care to much about the quality!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
Rugby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 January 2012

Upon arriving for our 2 day stay at this hotel I found it to be clean, comfortable and the breakfast more than adequate. I would definately stay there again.

Room Tip: Found room on the front to be very quiet at night.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Manchester & Solihull
Reviewed 11 January 2012

This is never going to be the best hotel in the world but it's comfy, well located, clean and has friendly staff. Buffet breakfast isn't anything amazing but there's a reasonable selection including fresh fruit and omelette. Beds were v comfy and our air con room was great. Hotel is an easy walk down to the beach.

• Stayed December 2011