Lowest prices for your stay
£23
Priceline
Go to your Happy Price
HoosierKiwi
Seattle, Washington
Great Value and Location
Review of The Verandah
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 5 Sept 2012
I don't know why it says that this hotel is in Krabi town when you look it up at first on trip advisor, but this hotel is in Ao Nang. Anyhow, its close to everything in Ao Nang and just a few minutes stroll to the beach. We stayed during low season so we were able to haggle a pretty reasonable price (close to 20USD/night) which was very good considering it has A/C, wifi, large rooms, daily room service that includes changing bedding and towels, even mopping the floor, keeping the rooms very clean, and free breakfast which consists of bacon, eggs, pancakes, fruit, and breakfast pastries. I think the beds are typical of other Thai beds which are firmer and we thought they were comfortable. The hotel utilizes the pool of the neighboring resort which is a great deal because rooms there are at least double there and the pool is very nice. On top of the cleanliness, value, and large rooms the staff are the friendliest group of people they are very kind and polite, you get the feeling that the staff actually cares. The only problem I could see for staying here is that there is no elevator and I am not sure if there are rooms on the bottom floor. We initially booked at a "resort" a block away that was way more expensive, but found that this place was cleaner and the room was way bigger. We would definitely stay here again.
Date of stay: September 2012
Beachfront
0.1 miles from The Verandah
0.2 miles from The Verandah
View more hotels in Ao Nang
All reviews the main road fresh fruit the location is perfect very nice hotel room was spacious noise balcony transfer
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 July 2012

We had a great stay. Good location too. Beach, shops, dining are all within walking distance.
Our room is clean and spacious. Was quite impressed with it considering how much we paid.The room was lovely just as I had hoped. It was not in pristine condition, the wood furniture looks dated but we didn't mind those. The sink is outside of the bathroom; you may hate it or love it. We love it since it saves us ladies a lot of time primping instead of hogging the bathroom.
Like other reviewers mentioned, its next to a bar. Personally, I didn't hear much of the music unless I opened the balcony door. But if you're the type who needs total silence to sleep, it'll be a problem.
The staffs were friendly and very accommodating despite the language barrier. They provided fresh towels for us whenever we had a tour. We were supposed to go on a Phi Phi Island tour on our 2nd last day and it was postponed to the day we were scheduled to check-out. The staff was kind enough to let us store our baggage in the office and let us use the bathroom in one of the rooms to freshen up after the tour at 4:30pm before we leave for our flight.

Room tip: No elevators, so choose your room level depending on how frequent you want to climb up the stairs.
Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Mimz603
Reviewed 9 July 2012

situated very good short to the beach , nice room; good aircon,very good breakfast
no elevator

Room tip: no elevator, stay low if possible
Date of stay: November 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 3 May 2012

Staff, Location and rooms are excellent value for money. Definately recommend a short stay here and the use of the 5 star pool is a huge bonus...! as was the subway sandwich place across the road.

Date of stay: April 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 March 2012

I really tried to like this place. The location is great, only a 5 minute walk to the Ao Nang beach area. Free wifi is also provided (although half of the days I was there, the wifi was not working, and the hotel did not do anything about it). An employee also gave me a travel adapter to use during my stay, and allowed me to make a local phone call. I also appreciated how you can borrow one beach towel a day. Although, you are supposed to put your key in a basket in exchange for the towel. This did not seem very safe to me, as sometimes the front desk employee is not near the basket, and anyone can take the key without their knowledge.

I was first unimpressed by the hotel right when I arrived in the room. Tiny ants are around! They walk all around the sink area, and on top of the safe deposit box. I killed them, but more would come to replace them. Also, I don't know how mosquitoes also got into the room, as I did not request maid service and I would never leave the door or balcony door open.

Some of the towels were stained.

Another negative experience was when I accidentally closed the safety deposit door. Yes, I should have been more careful. I called the front desk and someone said she would come in 10 minutes. A couple minutes later, she called back and said it would actually be 30 minutes, as it was busy in the lobby area. I waited 40 minutes, and called back. I politely described the problem again and asked when someone could come, and received "yeah okay. Click" (Click as in hang-up). Rude.

Due to the proximity to the main street, this also means noise travels to the rooms. In particular, even though I was on the 4th floor, it was facing a bar/nightclub, and every night loud music is blasting. You can hear and feel the extremely loud bass, and it goes on and on and on. You can also clearly hear through the door; babies and kids screaming.

The breakfast sufficed. It was a simple selection of bread, fruit, bacon/sausages, pastries, eggs. Coffee and a couple juices are also available.

One redeeming factor was the size of the room. Very spacious, and a private balcony!

Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
4  Thank TravelAwaits
Reviewed 31 July 2011

When i return to krabi. i will be staying here again, it was in a great location, the rooms were good sized and the service was also good. Great for us a couples

Date of stay: July 2011