Aree Tara Resort
Good 3.5/5
  • Restaurant
Great 4.5/5
Average 3/5
All reviewsao nang beachswimming poolpool access roomtourist informationhalal foodstreet foodisland hoppingsouvenir shopsnice pooldeluxe roomphi phi islandstayed here for nightsmassage parloursthe main roadenjoyed my stayegg stationfamily mart
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 June 2011

we stayed for 5 nights in aree tara and it was just amazing. we had booked d delux room with pool acess and it was just fabulous.great value for money. the staff is extremely friendly and helpful will always have a smile on their face:):)
though u shd avoid booking any tours via d hotel coz dey hv deir own commision and d price becomes more; d same with d spa at hotel u can easily find better tour guides n spa outside in d town.
also its litle inside of town nearly 15 mins walking from d beach and aonang centre wer all restaurants etc are located but u can always get a bike on rent wich is actually d best thing to do wen in aonang can go wen n wer u want(it turms out to be cheaper also).

Room Tip: delux pool acess room is grt
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 139nits
Reviewed 21 June 2011

a perfect place for a honeymoon trip..its a small hotel n yet so cozy..our room has been upgraded to pool access room due to the low season..which is awesome!! the hotel staff are friendly towards us...and willingly to provide us halal food during the stay...the management are handle by Muslim so they can guarantee it to us..the services they provide to us are good..the 4D3N land and sea package, the Thai massage (wish i could bring the masseur back home =p), the dinner..its a pleasant stay i would say...its only 15-20mins walk to Aonang Town..or u could take tut tut (cab) for 300baht/pax..

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sara_deen
Reviewed 6 June 2011

I got to the hotel via the hotel arranged transfer costing THB500 from Krabi Airport. It look slightly less than half-a-hour. Actually, if you are not in a rush for time, there is a shuttle bus service from the aiport to Ao Nang costing THB150 per pax. You can purchase the ticket from a booth which you won't miss once you pass through passport control. There's no fixed bus schedule, but apparently there's a bus waiting with each flight that arrives. With the wait to somewhat fill the bus, the entire journey should take 45min to 1 hr to the hotel.

When I arrived at the hotel and was shown the pool access room on the ground floor which I booked, I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the room. I was also pleased that they have acceded to my request for a room at more private corner. Even though the hotel was more than a year old, it was still in good quality, in particular the room itself and the deck area. The shower facilities was however pretty basic without a bath tub. However, given that I'm just next to the pool which I can jump in for a dip, there's really no need for bathtub. I enjoyed chilling by the pool at the deck chair outside my room. For those of you who worship the sun, I've to admit that the sun doesn't really hit the sun deck area except for a short part of the morning. So the water could be slightly cold. The pool was sufficiently large to swim in (i.e. not just a dipping pool).

The walk to Ao Nang town took ~15-20min. If you'd like to skip the walk, the tuk-tuks would take you there for 40baht per trip. (maybe 30baht if you bargain).

There were a few downsides to the hotel though.
1) Wifi is chargeable. ~100baht an hour or 500baht for a24hours. Usage is only upon logon (i.e. you don't have to use it continously for a 60min stretch)
2) Breakfast range was pretty limited.
3) Except for 1 front room staff who spoke fluent English, the rest didn't really understand me. I wanted to book a kayaking trip, but was told there was no boats going out. However, when I checked with tour operator outside of the hotel, they mentioned that there were 2 separate routes available. One of them was available and this was not communicated to me.

Overall, I still enjoyed my stay cos of the 'hardware' the hotel offers.

Another tip, if you enjoy massages, take a tuk tuk to the other side of Ao nang town to "Let's sea, Let's relax" massage. It's directly opposite the only MacDonalds in town. The spa was simple, clean and nicely decorated. The quality of the massage was excellent.

Enjoy your trip to Ao nang.

Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank High_J
Reviewed 22 May 2011

This is the first trip we going with my parent and sisters since my baby is born. The taxi for 8 person cost us around 500bath to Aree Tara (actually we have great discount). Aree Tara is really great value once we arrived. We greeted with welcome drinks. The customer service is great. Fortunately, my room is upgraded where we need it since our baby is with us. The room is magnificient! Along the 3 days stay, the staff is really helpful.
The breakfast for 150bath per person I will say its alright and nice. I suggest you can try others hotels breakfast too since along the road, there are many other hotel/resort. It maybe too boring to take sam breakfast everyday, thought the food is nice. The tour we booked from hotel is value too as the price is not too difference from outside.
The hotel staff do recommend us to have dinner in a hilltop restaurant nearby with free shuttle being arrange by the staff. Its really great scenery you cant get elsewhere. Thought the food maybe bit small portion (which is common in Thailand). Anyhow the food is great too. In overall its great value to stay in this hotel.
Anyhow I wont be coming to Krabi in near future as I had been coming here twice already, which I think I prefer to go other places to explore.

Room Tip: Wifi is charged. There are books corner.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Jonathan_d_Ho
Reviewed 16 May 2011

We found this hotel last minute for a 1 night stop over in Ao Nang before flying back up to Bangkok and was really pleased with it.

On arrival the staff were really friendly and our room was lovely.

We had read reviews saying that it was a long walk to the town centre in Ao Nang but it wasn't at all. It took less than 10 mins to walk to the main beach and the town centre.

The swimming pool was lovely and the breakfast buffet was great.

The hotel organised our taxi to Krabi airport for us.

We would have stayed here longer if we had more time and thought it was great value for money.

Room Tip: If you can book one of the pool side rooms, where
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple