“Good hotel”
Review of Aree Tara Resort

Aree Tara Resort
Ranked #41 of 142 Speciality Lodging in Ao Nang
Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

Quiet a good hotel...the rooms are very good although there is no view from the hotel...the staff of the hotel were also very good..the food in the hotel was also good...it's not so close to the beach..it's about 15 mins walk...the walk is decent..u also get tuk tuks which charge u about 20 bhat per head...the hotel also provides u with towels for the beach...all in all the hotel is good

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Aree Tara Resort

Reviewed 20 February 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 2 nights during our backpacking trip as we craved a bit of luxury but our overall experience fell a little short of our expectations, mainly in terms of service. Let me start by saying we had no problems with the cleanliness or layout of the hotel common areas or rooms. The room was large and pool area was inviting and well maintained. Our main gripes with this place are with the staff. On a number of occasions, our interactions with the staff made us feel like we were in a super budget guesthouse (but less friendly). We don't have a problem with staff that are unable to speak much english (we have experienced this multiple times on our trip around south-east asia) but we do expect when paying £45 a night that the staff are always present, attentive and efficient - this is not what we found here. The "pool bar", which is not stocked with food or drink and does not have any facilities for giving change, was often left unattended as anything you order must be brought down from the restaurant upstairs, often meaning a 10/15 minute wait before even being seen to, and then again for change. Another major annoyance for us was the wifi situation. It's almost completely unheard of to have to pay for wifi in any hotel of any budget in SE Asia from our experience. Although we did enjoy our overall experience here, these factors did leave a bitter taste in our mouths. I must stress that, being backpackers, our expectaions of a hotel are not inflated to a standard that you would expect from a 2 week package holiday, we simply expect not to wait 20 minutes for a can of coke or to pay 200 baht for an hour of in-room wifi. One final note: we had a minor problem with or tv which was fixed by a particular member of staff whose name we, regrettably, forgot to ask. He was extremely helpful and friendly, and what we expected from all staff members at this place. In summary, this is an ok hotel with nice facilities, with the potential to be good if these major problems were fixed.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel but I am sure that for the money you pay per night you can find a better quality hotel in Ao Nang. Our room was FULL of mosquitoes. There were at least 15 in our room and we had to buy a repeller to get rid of them. WIFI not offered in rooms only in the lobby. If you want WIFI in the room you need to pay for it... Staff friendly but they speak very bad English. As well the building next door (I don't know if it belongs to the hotel) is doing working in progress. So during breakfast there was many construction noise, and we were not aware of this at all. If we would go back to Ao Nang I would not stay here anymore.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 17 February 2014

This hotel is truly awful, building constructions going on next door which brings in the smell of bad water.

3% surcharge for any purchase using a credit card / cash card.

Rooms are at boiling point during the day as you cannot keep the cooler on.

Beds are like a rock.

I wouldn't even recommend this place to my worst enemy!

I honestly can't think of anything I like about this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014
5  Thank Andrew L
Reviewed 12 February 2014

The welcome was less effusive than in some other places but ok. The staff became more friendly as time went on. Our room on the 4th floor had a good balcony which overlooked the pool and was just right for us. The room and the bathroom were very clean with a 'recently refurbished' feel. The large bed requested was very large but turned out to be 2 singles zipped together so there was a very noticeable join. Breakfast was good for Thailand hotels with a reasonable selection, and omelettes can be cooked while you wait. The location was very good with a reasonable walk to everything in Ao Nang, although some people might prefer to take a tuk tuk. Around the hotel are sufficient restaurants and convenience stores for those who do not want to wander further afield. There is construction taking place next to the hotel and nearby which might alter the character of the place in the future.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brynman4
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Hotel is bit cosy, but everything is clean and tidy. I love room and swmining pool. But when we arrives at there, there is no greeting and offering help. I was waiting at desk and looking at the receptionist. I guess she might be busy at that time, but most hotel staff ask wait for second. She looked at me and back to her work... It was hot day and made me pretty annoying. Luckly, a male staff found me and helped. Except that, everything is good.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Stayed in Aree Tara Resort in February 5 for 2 night. Hotel environment is not that bad and front desk staff are friendly. What I have experienced do not pay for their WIFI domain that extra charges 500 baht for unlimited usage, it definitely useless and wasted money. My room was at the last corner, the wifi signal was so weak and every time i need to come out from my room get the connection from the corridor. For the last day checked out and left hotel about 10 mins, I just recall that I have forgot and left my scruff that I'm bought in india on the chair. Trying to call back hotel ask them to help me keep it and return to me through courier service. But what I got from them is, they said nothing left in my room. I was so disappointed to them! Please think twice traveller.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family