We stayed for 5 nights in April 2013. We found the staff very friendly & helpful. The pool was amazing - we had pool access from our room & wouldn't have it any other way. The swim up bar was fantastic & we enjoyed the frequent happy hours this resort has daily (cocktails = 2 for 200 Baht). On a neutral point, breakfast could have been better for me if muesli was on offer. If you don't want a cooked breakfast then there is only corn flakes & chocolate flakes with fresh fruit & plain yogurt on offer. This is the type of breakfast our kids usually eat and a little more upmarket breakfast for the non hot food breakfast traveller would be great. If you like a cooked breakfast then plenty is on offer. Regarding the rooms, they appear a little aged already for such a new(ish) resort. The furniture was chipped in places, paint repairs not precise and we even had a room towel with holes in it one day?!? Also the corners & skirting areas aren't cleaned down. Small things like our shower soap not being replaced when empty was a little annoying - however when I asked the room service ladies they happily offered more - however one shouldn't have to go find them. The pool bar closes at 5 pm - which seemed a shame as the pool seemed busiest around this time when guests were returning from their day trips. Take some insect repellent as the sliding doors don't have insect screens so the bugs do come in. On the positive, this hotel is just off the main road and offers a quieter location within an easy walk from the town or beaches. Tuk Tuks are 20 Baht per person into Ao Nang or if you can stand the heat its a 5 minute walk. Do try the local stall holder who sells Pad Thai at the end of the street - one of the best meals we had in Thailand and only 50 Baht. For booking tours, when leaving the resort turn left & we used the 2nd tour desk along (about 25 meters). This lady was extremely helpful & spoke great English. We did our laundry with her also for 45 Baht per kilo. If you're looking for a tailor we can recommend 'Gary' at the tailor located beside the Sunset Resort (the first tailor you find when walking back along the main street towards Ao Nang). For massage, along the beach huts in Ao Nang try hut number 10. Lovely people & great massage. We'd stay at this hotel again for it's fantastic location, friendly staff & the fantastic pool - but don't expect immaculate lodgings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Like a tropical flower in bloom, Red Ginger Chic Resort is an inspiration for the senses. Red hot in stylish modernity and conveniences balanced with a cool chic ambience, the perfect holiday abode offering magnificent of views of Nopparat Thana Nation Park. With only 63 rooms and one restaurant serving international and Thai cuisines, this beautiful resort has a very exclusive and personal feel. There is a freshwater pool and pool bar plus alfresco fitness facility, while the beach is but a short stroll away.Red Ginger is located 200 metre from the center of Ao Nang Beach, in Krabi province, southern part of Thailand – (821 kilometers from Bangkok and 155 kilometers east of Phuket). The property is excellently located in the middle of Ao Nang and Nopparat Thara beach. It is a paradise for those who love snorkeling, scuba diving, ocean kayaking or even rock climbing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Agoda, TravelUp, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Red Ginger Chic Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Ginger Chic Hotel Ao Nang
- Red Ginger Chic Resort Krabi/Ao Nang