Red Ginger a nice boutique hotel. It is located a few minutes walk away from the main strip. I actually prefer this location. Because just around the corner from the hotel, is a cluster of vendors selling food from their carts that taste just as good as the restaurants on the main strip. In addition, a few shops away from the hotel are places that will do laundry for you, convenience stores and a pharmacy. There is even a filling station nearby if you decide to rent a scooter and need fuel. Across the street from the hotel are a handful of ATMs s well. At the corner of the street was a hotel that provided a decent rate for transport back to the airport.
As stated in the other reviews, amenities such as beach towels, welcome red ginger drink, beach mat, and free daily water adds to the positive memories of this hotel. WiFi is extra one time charge of 200 THB for the entire stay.
I was very pleased with the variety offered at the breakfast buffet. The complimentary breakfast includes juices, fresh fruits, pastries, made to order eggs/omelets, as well as Western and Thai dishes in food warmers. The atmosphere of the restaurant was also elegant with traditional Thai decor.
Our particular room, while nice, looked a bit tired in some parts of the bathroom where the grout appeared a little aged in some places. One wall looked like it needed a fresh coat of paint while another wall liked very nice. Hopefully, Red Ginger will have addressed this in the near future. Regardless, this will not stop me from returning. The bed and pillows were comfortable for me. The bed sheets are clean.
The pool was nice and there was never a shortage of reclining chairs by the pool to relax during our stay.
It only takes about 20 minutes to walk from the Red Ginger to the opposite end of the main strip. So we did not feel it was necessary to use a Tuk Tuk during our stay at Ao Nang.
Overall, I had a great time at this hotel and look forward to returning in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Like a tropical flower in bloom, Red Ginger Chic Resort is an inspiration for the senses. Red hot in stylish modernity and conveniences balanced with a cool chic ambience, the perfect holiday abode offering magnificent of views of Nopparat Thana Nation Park. With only 63 rooms and one restaurant serving international and Thai cuisines, this beautiful resort has a very exclusive and personal feel. There is a freshwater pool and pool bar plus alfresco fitness facility, while the beach is but a short stroll away.Red Ginger is located 200 metre from the center of Ao Nang Beach, in Krabi province, southern part of Thailand – (821 kilometers from Bangkok and 155 kilometers east of Phuket). The property is excellently located in the middle of Ao Nang and Nopparat Thara beach. It is a paradise for those who love snorkeling, scuba diving, ocean kayaking or even rock climbing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Agoda and TravelUp so you can book your Red Ginger Chic Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Ginger Chic Hotel Ao Nang
- Red Ginger Chic Resort Krabi/Ao Nang