Good bits - First impressions are that the staff can't do enough for you until you venture into the restaurant. Reception and concierge are very good with some exceptions. There's a very cheery chap in the pool bar area that does lots of exercising with guests and is very informative when asked questions. The location is perfect. A short walk (5-7 mins) to the beach front and located on top of bars restaurants and a mcdonalds. Don't let this put you off because you can't hear anything at night.
Lovely views of the cliffs around and you can see a little bit of the ocean from some spots in the resort. There isn't a sea view per se.
Free wifi in the pool and reception area but is slow at peak times. Only found out we could access wifi in our room for 150 thb for 7 days on our FIFTH day by a chance conversation with another guest. The receptionist that booked us in didn't tell us. Rooms were cleaned every day, well, they changed the sheets and towels but didn't clean the room.
The bad bits -
There are lots of steep stairs up to the reception and more to some of the rooms. If you're in a wheel chair, or elderly with walking problems this is not the place for you I'm afraid.
We ate at the Cliff Restaurant on our first night and if I'm honest, a child could have thrown a better meal together. Needless to say, we didn't eat there again. They do have a BBQ on Tuesdays and Fridays downstairs at their bar/restaurant that did look busy.
The morning breakfast was poor. Ants on the fruit one morning, stale bread the next. The guy cooking the omelettes had a filthy polo shirt on for 3 days running. If you like your coffee you need to either chase a member of staff around for it go help yourself. I was told off by a staff member for picking the coffee up as it was 'his job'. Had he done 'his job' I wouldn't have helped myself. Badly trained and even badly managed. Wasn't impressed at all. The only saving grace was the muesli.
The beds are extremely hard and uncomfortable. I go away to relax and didn't sleep well any of the nights I was there because of the bed, my partner too. I've slept through earthquakes and when my head hits the pillow at home I'm out till morning.
The cleaners enter your room to clean even when the 'do not disturb sign' is on it. I was sleeping naked too. Poor training again. When we got into the room the first time there was a packet of biscuits on top of the fridge and hand marks all over the glass. The floor had sand on it too.
The shower is warm at best any time of the day and didn't manage to have a hot shower all week.
All in all a good stay in Ao Nang because of the choice of cheap food on offer outside of the resort and the location is perfect too.
The cost of staying here was reasonable only after a discount we had, but not at full price. We paid about £68pn. They were asking for more than that before we had the offer. Glad we didn't pay full price.
Would I stay here again? No I wouldn't.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aonang Cliff Beach Resort is Krabi's 4 star boutique resort with spectacular views of the cliff and Andaman Sea. Located in the center of Aonang, with easy access to the beach, shopping, Dining and night life. 97 Newly refurbished, spacious guest rooms offer comfortable accommodation in Superior , Deluxe and Ocean View categories. The Ocean wing features sunset balcony for romantics and honeymooners. The resort offers a unique Thai restaurant and a boulevard cafe in Aonang's most versatile and lively shopping plaza. Around the resort pool you will find a Bar & Bistro, wellness center complete with Thai Spa, Gym, Muay Thai, Yoga and Tai Chi classes. Social and business events are celebrated in style for up to 180 guests in the new event center and on the Cliff Panorama Terrace. Coupled with grace of our Thai service memories are made of this. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TravelUp, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Hotelopia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aonang Cliff Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aonang Cliff Beach Hotel Ao Nang
- Aonang Cliff Beach Resort Krabi/Ao Nang