“Really nice place to stay”

Aonang Cliff Beach Resort
Ranked #7 of 108 Hotels in Ao Nang
London, United Kingdom
“Really nice place to stay”
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

Only stayed for one night but would have liked to have stayed for longer.
Room was nice, clean and very spacious. Friendly staff and excellent buffet breakfast.
Good gym and nice pool and location is ideal.
Would definitely stay here again!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
aonangcliffbeach, Guest Relations Manager at Aonang Cliff Beach Resort, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear Stel24

Greeting From Aonang Cliff Beach Resort !!

Thank you for sharing your review on Tripadvisor. We are very pleased that you enjoyed our hotel, the food, the friendly and helpful staff as well as the location. Thank again for choosing to stay with us and hopefully you will come back to visit us when your next holiday.

Aonang Cliff Beach Resort Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (472)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Had three days in Krabi and spend one day here to splurge with an a/c room and shower and fancy bed. Found a deal on agoda for this.

You can walk out directly on the street for a massage, food (though mostly catered for tourists) and some shopping.

Pool is smaller than the photos. Towels provided for the pool and the amenities are great. I even was able to use the lobby's computer and printer free of charge! A big deal when I've been in Thailand for a few months and a printer is hard to come by.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
aonangcliffbeach, Guest Relations Manager at Aonang Cliff Beach Resort, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Dear 5feetsmall

Greeting From Aonang Cliff Beach Resort !!

Thank you for sharing your review on Tripadvisor. We are glad you thoroughly enjoyed our hotel, the amenities and the location. Thank again for choosing to stay with us and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Woodstock, Canada
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Nice place, great service. We find Ao Nang Beach a nice place to base excursions from. The hotel itself was nice. The road was very busy, but the hotel is set back up an incline, so it was not noisy at all. Nice rooms and good food.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

aonangcliffbeach, Guest Relations Manager at Aonang Cliff Beach Resort, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Dear RingRoyalty

Greeting From Aonang Cliff Beach Resort !!

Great to hear back from you and thank you for sharing your review with us. We are delighted that you had a great time during your stay at our hotel and enjoyed our room and the food.

We look forward to welcoming you to our resort and should you require further information or have any queries please do not hesitate to contact us at any time.

Spore
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Like the location, just 5 minutes away from the beach. It is not as commercialized as Phuket. Mcdonalds and starbucks are just in front of the hotel. The staff are friendly and helpful. I will stay there again if going back to krabi.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Jesskok

Greeting From Aonang Cliff Beach Resort !!

Thank you for sharing your recent stay on Tripadvisor. We are very pleased that you thoroughly enjoyed our hotel, the friendly and helpful staff as well as the location.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We had an ocean view room and it was nice waking up to the view. There's a jacuzzi at the balcony. Room was clean. Location-wise was great...near the shops and restaurants. Service of staff was great too - warm and helpful. Breakfast was not that fantastic but that's because it was not halal so for Muslims, your breakfast is basically limited to bread, eggs, cereal and fruits.

Had a massage at the hotel spa too. It was great too.

Overall, it was a very pleasant experience there. I would stay at that hotel again if I were to return to Krabi in future.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Dear NdeJong

Greeting From Aonang Cliff Beach Resort !!

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on Tripadvisor. We are very happy to know that you had very pleasant experience during your stay with us. Enjoying our location, the cleanliness of the room and our friendly staff. Your comment regarding the halal food has been shared with our head of department to improve our service.

Thank again for choosing Aonang Cliff Beach Resort for your holiday and hopefully you will come back to visit us next time.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 April 2014

When I booked this hotel I upgraded to a sea view room, mainly because of some of the previous reviews of it being noisy in the rooms that are closer to the road, and to also treat myself to a better room. I have to say I wasn't disappointed!

Upon arrival the staff were very attentive, they made me feel welcome instantly. They asked me to sit down whilst they brought me a cold towel and a welcome drink, which was much appreciated after my flight and the heat.

When I was shown to my room I was impressed. The room was spacious, clean and just perfect. It overlooked the sea and the cliffs and the whole hotel resort. Out on the balcony was a tub for relaxing in after a day at the pool or the beach, which in did do and enjoyed it.

The pool was a good size and there always seemed to be plenty of sun-loungers available. There was a bar next to the pool which served drinks and food and the staff that worked here were all very friendly and provided an excellent service.

There was plenty of choice of food for breakfast, ranging from Thai food, to an 'egg' station, where the chef cooked most choices of eggs for you.

I had the pleasure of utilising the spa facilities, which was amazing, and again the service from the attentive staff was second to none.

The location of the hotel was on the main road through Ao Nang, but it wasn't too far to walk into the town or the beach, about 5-10 minutes. As I had read previous comments on here about it being noisy in the evening, in the rooms that faced the road. I can understand their comments as at night time I could hear the live music from the bars across the road, but it wasn't too loud to annoy me.

The only negative I'd say is that if you had mobility issues then there are quite a lot of stairs, and the ramps used for luggage are fairly steep to walk up in you were elderly of have a disability. Other than that I found the hotel to be perfect in its location, lovely staff and beautiful surroundings of Ao Nang and Krabi.

Room Tip: Go for an ocean view room
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank DarrenH4
Dear DarrenH4

Greeting From Aonang Cliff Beach Resort !!

Thank you for sharing the detail of your stay with us. It was a great pleasure to serve you as our guest. We are please to note that our hotel location gives easy access to the beach, shops, restaurants and that you enjoyed our facilities, the breakfast and service given by our staff team. Your positive review will be shared among the staff, who will be please to hear their efforts are appreciated.

We do hope to welcome you back soon when you visit Aonang next holiday, please keep in touch & do not hesitate to contact us for any information or assistance.

Warm Regards,
Aonang Cliff Beach Resort Team.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 1 April 2014

the staff are great!

booked a 3d2n free and easy promotional package directly from their website. definitely most worthwhile Thailand beach resort I have been!
there are many shops around - which may have repeated items like bikini, beachwear, shades, not to forget, fooooood!!

being a Singaporean, obviously food is one of our must-do, and the package even includes a free welcome dinner, which we chose a bbq seafood dinner at the restaurant just next to macs (which belongs to Aonang Cliff Beach Resort that is). they have different theme for different nights, be sure you check out what are they serving before you block the dinner, well just in case you change your mind, which I did, the hotel staff will change it promptly for you. no worries on that fact.

ohhh. and I booked massage. was good too! 1000baht for 1 hour, might be expensive but you know, its the resort rate. if it wasn't for insufficient timing, I was so long for the 90 mins one.

room came with a supposedly-one-man tub. but me and my other female cousin could fit in there comfortably, sipping Singha. haha - oh! if you love bubble bath, remember to bring your own, cause the hotel doesn't provide and neither does any of the convenience store sells them. I ended up using my whole bottle of body shop to create a decent bubble, well, worth the soak!

breakfast spread was pretty decent! im a eggs person, they have live station, order your sunnyside ups and omelettes! one boohoo - they didn't have cheese and mushroom, so I had mine with just ham and tomatoes.

wifi! connection was excellent! as long as I am in the resort, there is definitely connection! leaves me to my instagram & facebook, (free publicity for the resort!)

overall, I am very pleased with the resort, the staff who did our airport transfers were all smiley! that's obviously what we need when we touch down from our flights and when we are about to leave the place! I hope I will be back soon, but there's just too many other places I have yet to explore.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear peggiepng

Greeting From Aonang Cliff Beach Resort !!

Thank you for your kindness of reviewing for us. We are very grateful to note that you have been taken well care and that you appreciated us in every aspect, especially you and your family really enjoyed the bathtub with the good view and the food.

Thank again for sharing your detail of your stay with us and hopefully you will come back to visit us next holiday. In the meantime please keep in touch & do not hesitate to contact us for any information or assistance.