Aonang Cliff Beach Resort
Deevana Plaza Krabi Aonang(Ao Nang)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$66
US$105
US$97
  • Breakfast included
Peace Laguna Resort and Spa(Ao Nang)(Great Value!)
US$72
US$67
  • Pool
Krabi Resort(Ao Nang)
US$81
US$68
Agoda.com
Aonang Villa Resort(Ao Nang)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$77
US$76
US$70
US$214
US$179
  • Breakfast included
Aonang Paradise Resort(Ao Nang)(Great Value!)
US$43
US$35
Agoda.com
Phra Nang Inn(Ao Nang)(Great Value!)
US$58
US$51
Trip.com
US$110
US$95
Travelocity
2,161 results
All reviewsinfinity poolpanorama roomrooftop barcocktail partyandamana beach clubsea viewbeach bagandaman seabreakfast buffetrain showerhotel lobbyearly checkthe main streetmassage parlourssuperior roomtour deskfew minutes walk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Booked 2 ocean view rooms with cliff beach. When we arrived at the hotel, staff was very helpful and friendly. Check-in process was very fast and hassle free. We were very pleased with the service and of course the room is amazing! Although i have requested 2rooms to be side by side, but there is another room in between us, which is alright. Location is near to Aonang beach, there are 7-11 and mcdonald nearby.
The unpleasant moment happened during check-out time. We have 4 of us, one of my friend and I will be leaving first back to Singapore, and another 2 friends will be taking a later flight to KL. As I am the one made the booking, using my credit card, before i leave i proceed to counter to make payment and informed them that my friend will check out later. I am just afraid my credit card is needed for verification during check-out. Counter staff (Mr. Neung) who wear a different uniform from the receptionist, i assumed he is the manager or supervisor, informed me that our rooms payment have been charged to my credit card upon check-in. So i requested for the invoice and he responded to my request unwillingly (that;s how i felt). So i waited for him to get my invoice, then during that sudden heavy down pour and the floor get so wet. He then proceed to wipe the floor instead of attending to my request. I am actually fine with it and expecting that when he return he will at least apologize for the wait. But i didnt hear a word from him. After i received my invoice, as it is still raining, i requested an umbrella because the pathway to my room is not sheltered. And again, i can see his irritatied face and he felt annoyed. If he is the supervisor, then i will be very disspointed because his staffs are way better than him in term of service.

After that, we got our bags and proceed to the taxi. As we entered the taxi, a staff approached us, asking us which room. We told him our room number and said we still have 2 friends and they will do the check out later. He seem to doubt us. As the taxi about to exit, we were stopped by the guard and the same staff approached us again. And again, i told him, i have done the payment, my friends will do the check-out. Even the taxi driver is trying to help us to explain in Thai. I am kind of dissappointed being treated like i didnt make the payment and trying to escape. come on... upon check-in, my credit card information is already with them and the best thing is, they told me my bill was charged to my credit card during check-in. If this the the normal procedure, why is the staff still questionning me if i have done the payment? I hope they can improve their communication better among staffs and treat all customers equally (regardless we are Asian or European). Also standardize their procedures to avoid such confusion.

I do love the hotel room, the trip is enjoyable for me but the ending... wasn't really pleasant.

1  Thank J3nLim
aonangcliffbeach, Guest Relations Manager at Aonang Cliff Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Jenlim

Greeting From Aonang Cliff Beach Resort !!

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. It is with regret to learn that we were not able to provide you the high standard of hospitality. We deeply apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during check-out time. Our management team bring this matter to our attention and take it seriously, please rest assure.

However, We are glad to read that the rest of your stay was nice and you thoroughly enjoyed our room, the friendly and helpful staff and the service given.

Again, thank you for choosing to stay with us and your comments will help us serve you and all our guest better in the future.The hotel is actively working to improve service levels and your feedback has proved to be invaluable.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I was pleasantly surprised to find the Ao Nang Cliff Beach Resort lived up to its photos and more. WIth the ocean and rock face view, it would be hard to complain, but the room itself was clean and comfortable.
The staff are all very friendly (although English does not flow fluently), the spa provided great service and the breakfast buffet was just okay.
The hotel is a five minutes walk down the main street to the beach and they provide a beach bag, robe, and beach mat.
There are signs of age (a bit of mold on the ceiling in the corner), but overall, it's hard to beat the location, the view and the comfort. I would consider staying here again.

Room Tip: I chose a superior room and it had a phenomenal view over the building tops to the ocean. Also, there is a bathtub on the balcony!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Katehst

Dear Katehst

Greeting From Aonang Cliff Beach Resort !!

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on Tripadvisor. We are glad to read that you thoroughly enjoyed our property , the room over looking the view , the friendly and helpful staff as well as the location.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Conveniently located near a 7-11, Starbucks and MacDonald's, it doesn't get any better. There are also many restaurants, bike rental shops and massage places surrounding the hotel. There are tonnes of tuktuks around which you can hire to take you all over town. The only downside is the climb up the slope to the hotel, which is actually a good walk after a heavy meal.

Room was clean and daily housekeeping was done nicely. Requests to the front desk were taken care of promptly. My overall experience with the hotel was great!

Room Tip: Top up for a ocean view room, it's worth it!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
aonangcliffbeach, Guest Relations Manager at Aonang Cliff Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear ete0

Greeting From Aonang Cliff Beach Resort !

Thank you for sharing your positive review with us. We are very pleased that you thoroughly enjoyed our property, the friendly and helpful staff as well as the location. We are also thankful for your praise, we love to hear that all of the staff efforts are appreciated and that out service standards remain high.

Your Ocean view room over looking the sea and warm sunshine awaits you for your next holiday!!

Reviewed 22 June 2014

The hotel is not as near to the beach as it sounds therefore for those who are looking at really having sea view shouldn't be 'coerced' by its name. However the hotel is a 7 minute walk away from the beach which is very near too.

The staff could be more smiley and more proficient in their English speaking standard. However the redeeming point is the room which has a wonderful view and the room was highly comfortable. Definitely recommended for those looking for a relaxing trip!

DVDs can be borrowed from none reception to be watched which is very good as the ao nang island is really small with nothing much to do except to chill eat and tan. :)

Breakfast can be improved and shuttle to the hotel is definitely recommended because krabi airport is very quiet,

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are good and new.

Dear han l

Greeting From Aonang Cliff Beach Resort !!

Thank you for sharing your experience of staying with us on TripAdvisor. We are delighted that you enjoyed your Ocean room with the amazing view of the cliff and sea and our resort facilitated made your stay more enjoyable. We hope that you will come to visit us again in the near future, and be pleased with your stay.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Nice room, good location with restaurants all around. 6 minutes to beach, but thieves not a beach resort hotel. Good as a sightseeing base. Nice pool and really good. (Small ) gym . There is an Indian restaurant just down the same road that is sensational ( in direction of beach on the same side of road as hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear Danstan

Greeting From Aonang Cliff Beach Resort !!

Thank you for your kindness of reviewing for us. We are very grateful to note that you had a nice stay with us and you enjoyed our Ocean view room with the amazing view of the cliff and sea, as well as our hotel location at the heart of Aonang.