2,347 results
All reviewsinfinity poolpanorama roomrooftop barandamana beach clubcocktail partysea viewbeach bagandaman seabreakfast buffetrain showerhotel lobbythe main streetsuperior roommassage parlourstour deskstayed here for nightsfew minutes walk
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We spent 7 nights at The Cliff Beach resort. We were a group of 7 and had 4 rooms between us.
The pros:
1. The staff, the manager Derek in particular was super friendly.
2.The location is great, right next to 7-11, really good Indian food across the street, and a 5 minute walk to the beach.
3.The breakfast was excellent. A big buffet with fresh veggies and fruits, Thai curry dishes, made to order eggs and noodle soups.
4. There is a gym there, but it only has 1 treadmill, 2 bikes and lots of weights. I never had a problem getting the treadmill since no one else was really ever in the gym.
5. The beds were cozy, the ac worked great and there were nice robes in the rooms.

The cons:
1. The internet was spotty.
2. We were woken up a few times by other guests talking in the hall.

We all agreed that we thought the place was great with a few minor flaws, and would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
aonangcliffbeach, Guest Relations Manager at Aonang Cliff Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear April O

Greeting From Aonang Cliff Beach Resort !!

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us. It has been our pleasure to have you and your family here as our lovely guest. We are happy to hear that you had a great time during your stay at Aonang Cliff Beach Resort and appreciated us in every aspect. We are also thankful for your praise, we love to hear that all of the staff efforts are appreciated and that out service standards remain high.

Again, thank you for for sharing your wonderful review. We hope that you will come to visit us again in the near future, and be pleased with your stay.

Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed in June. Booked the family room with ocean view. Can't really see the sea as we were on 1st level, probably has to book higher floor in order to get the complete seaview. The room is clean and comfortable. Just that the aircon control was a bit out of control, its on and off on its own for the 1st night which I wake up a few times to on it after it was off automatically. Second night was good as I was too tired to bother any more.

Buffet breakfast was quite decent. Staff ate pleasant and the tour desk is good. We booked our kayaking trip with them.

They also help us book our return transport to Krabi weekend night market for about 1,100 for our family. Overall was a good stay.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank stsl
aonangcliffbeach, Guest Relations Manager at Aonang Cliff Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear stsl

Greeting From Aonang Cliff Beach Resort !!

Thank you for sharing your recent stay on Tripadvisor. We are happy to hear that you and your family had a great stay at Aonang Cliff Beach Resort and appreciated the service given. We hope that we will have the pleasure of accommodating you and your family on your next holiday to Aonang!

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Booked 2 ocean view rooms with cliff beach. When we arrived at the hotel, staff was very helpful and friendly. Check-in process was very fast and hassle free. We were very pleased with the service and of course the room is amazing! Although i have requested 2rooms to be side by side, but there is another room in between us, which is alright. Location is near to Aonang beach, there are 7-11 and mcdonald nearby.
The unpleasant moment happened during check-out time. We have 4 of us, one of my friend and I will be leaving first back to Singapore, and another 2 friends will be taking a later flight to KL. As I am the one made the booking, using my credit card, before i leave i proceed to counter to make payment and informed them that my friend will check out later. I am just afraid my credit card is needed for verification during check-out. Counter staff (Mr. Neung) who wear a different uniform from the receptionist, i assumed he is the manager or supervisor, informed me that our rooms payment have been charged to my credit card upon check-in. So i requested for the invoice and he responded to my request unwillingly (that;s how i felt). So i waited for him to get my invoice, then during that sudden heavy down pour and the floor get so wet. He then proceed to wipe the floor instead of attending to my request. I am actually fine with it and expecting that when he return he will at least apologize for the wait. But i didnt hear a word from him. After i received my invoice, as it is still raining, i requested an umbrella because the pathway to my room is not sheltered. And again, i can see his irritatied face and he felt annoyed. If he is the supervisor, then i will be very disspointed because his staffs are way better than him in term of service.

After that, we got our bags and proceed to the taxi. As we entered the taxi, a staff approached us, asking us which room. We told him our room number and said we still have 2 friends and they will do the check out later. He seem to doubt us. As the taxi about to exit, we were stopped by the guard and the same staff approached us again. And again, i told him, i have done the payment, my friends will do the check-out. Even the taxi driver is trying to help us to explain in Thai. I am kind of dissappointed being treated like i didnt make the payment and trying to escape. come on... upon check-in, my credit card information is already with them and the best thing is, they told me my bill was charged to my credit card during check-in. If this the the normal procedure, why is the staff still questionning me if i have done the payment? I hope they can improve their communication better among staffs and treat all customers equally (regardless we are Asian or European). Also standardize their procedures to avoid such confusion.

I do love the hotel room, the trip is enjoyable for me but the ending... wasn't really pleasant.

1  Thank J3nLim

Dear Jenlim

Greeting From Aonang Cliff Beach Resort !!

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. It is with regret to learn that we were not able to provide you the high standard of hospitality. We deeply apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during check-out time. Our management team bring this matter to our attention and take it seriously, please rest assure.

However, We are glad to read that the rest of your stay was nice and you thoroughly enjoyed our room, the friendly and helpful staff and the service given.

Again, thank you for choosing to stay with us and your comments will help us serve you and all our guest better in the future.The hotel is actively working to improve service levels and your feedback has proved to be invaluable.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I was pleasantly surprised to find the Ao Nang Cliff Beach Resort lived up to its photos and more. WIth the ocean and rock face view, it would be hard to complain, but the room itself was clean and comfortable.
The staff are all very friendly (although English does not flow fluently), the spa provided great service and the breakfast buffet was just okay.
The hotel is a five minutes walk down the main street to the beach and they provide a beach bag, robe, and beach mat.
There are signs of age (a bit of mold on the ceiling in the corner), but overall, it's hard to beat the location, the view and the comfort. I would consider staying here again.

Room Tip: I chose a superior room and it had a phenomenal view over the building tops to the ocean. Also, there is a bathtub on the balcony!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Katehst

Dear Katehst

Greeting From Aonang Cliff Beach Resort !!

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on Tripadvisor. We are glad to read that you thoroughly enjoyed our property , the room over looking the view , the friendly and helpful staff as well as the location.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Conveniently located near a 7-11, Starbucks and MacDonald's, it doesn't get any better. There are also many restaurants, bike rental shops and massage places surrounding the hotel. There are tonnes of tuktuks around which you can hire to take you all over town. The only downside is the climb up the slope to the hotel, which is actually a good walk after a heavy meal.

Room was clean and daily housekeeping was done nicely. Requests to the front desk were taken care of promptly. My overall experience with the hotel was great!

Room Tip: Top up for a ocean view room, it's worth it!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
aonangcliffbeach, Guest Relations Manager at Aonang Cliff Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear ete0

Greeting From Aonang Cliff Beach Resort !

Thank you for sharing your positive review with us. We are very pleased that you thoroughly enjoyed our property, the friendly and helpful staff as well as the location. We are also thankful for your praise, we love to hear that all of the staff efforts are appreciated and that out service standards remain high.

Your Ocean view room over looking the sea and warm sunshine awaits you for your next holiday!!