Arrived here and were pleasantly surprised at the awesome location. It is right in the middle of the main strip of shops, but back from the road so you don't get any road noise. We were shown to our room, and the smell others have mentioned was quite bad as we walked along. Room looked large and okay, though a bit tired/dated. Was a deluxe room. Went to have a shower, but the shower curtain was the filthiest I've seen, covered in slimy mildew. I am not fussy, but couldn't shower with it as I was worried about it touching me! Managed to push it up over the railing,but water went everywhere....
Went to make a cup of tea, but kettle had black gunk growing in it!! Bed reasonably comfy and all else about the place was fine. Pool quite nice, had a swim once. Breakfast was okay, plentiful, but no warmers to keep things hot, so you have to get it once it goes in.
Staff let us use the towels after we had checked out which was nice so we could go to the beach before we headed to the airport.
After staying on Lanta, we had booked to come back here for a couple of nights in the standard room, and it was very similar to the deluxe one. Bathroom just a tiny bit older I think, but really about the same overall.
Not sure if we would stay again, was the best price at the time, but would probably look around again if we went back. Up the other end as the road goes around the corner, there looked like a few nice places and the beach is best up there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With Ao Nang Beach right on your doorstep, this 3-star, european managed resort offers clean and comfortable accommodation at extremely reasonable prices on best location at Ao Nang. Our resort is situated only 20 meters from main beach of Ao Nang, within walking distance to all shops, restaurants, bars, nightclubs. Known for its high standard and hospitality, this accommodation suitable for holiday,features big rooms which are tastefully furnished with contemporary decor and fitted with all the modern facilities, high speed wifi, cable television and flat screen tv's to ensure a comfortable and convenient stay. For those who like to settle for a lazy day around the pool we can also accomadate this with our own swimming pool/Kids pool and sun loungers including the convenience of a pool bar. All of our room prices includes international/thai buffet breakfast with selection of fresh breads, cold meat cuts, fresh fruits, cheeses, sausages, meatballs, bacon, cereals, fresh vegetables, eggs & omelettes and more. Ao Nang Beach Resort´s 24-hour secured parking space is limited, and serve our customers on first-come, first-served basis. The resort’s own pride and joy is its Ao Nang´s famous and most popular Restaurant Aning what offers Thai and Western cuisine, Scandinavian specialities, and selection from extensive seafood menu with international high class live music performances provited by our house band. At Restaurant Aning patrons are promised the one of the best dining experiences in Krabi. Distances: Ao Nang Beach 0,02km Long tail boats & speed boats to phi phi, railay and local islands 0,1km Krabi Town 17km Airport 24km ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), HotelsClick, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Ao Nang Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ao Nang Beach Hotel Ao Nang
- Ao Nang Beach Resort Krabi